Best and worst things you saw this weekend?

Expected a much more rapid star ascent for Carter. Now Iā€™m prone to seeing Telander as the more instinctive alpha type and Spillman not waiting his turn.
Like Telander a lot, like you said he has great instincts. I'm going to have to rewatch the game, I paid more attention to the O than the D, to get a better .ook at what Carter was or wasn't doing.

Would absolutely hate to lose Stillman, his HS highlights are very good. Thought he might be a RS this year.

Best: Iamaleava's ability to drop intermediate and long special deliveries, especially the ones over the middle. Catchable, on time, and on target.

But also special mention to Dylan Sampson for looking awesome out there.

Worst: The SEC on ABC presentation this weekend. Theme-wise especially, but also show-wise. Low energy. Not a selling point. Feels like the SEC went backward, not forward.
At least I didn't have to listen to Gary Danielson.

Best - TN putting up the second most yards of offense in UT history with Nico playing only one half where he set a school record for passing yards in the first half. Yes, the opponent was UTC, but we have played a lot teams, yet we have only put up over 700 yards twice before, Heupel at the helm for two of them.

Worst - SEC losing a slew of big time OOC games. USC over LSU, MIA over FLA, ND over TX A&M. With GA over Clemson, our conference went 1-4 in those games. Not a good outing for the ā€œbestā€ conference in college football.

LSU is a good team. They got out-coached last night. I think the offense is better than Brian allowed them to demonstrate. And the defense is decent. As a matter of fact, USC and LSU are very similar to each other, but USC has better RBs, shifty, fast guys who blow by you if you blink at the wrong time. Either one would be more than a handful if we played them.

Reactions: 'ol pirate
Best - TN putting up the second most yards of offense in UT history with Nico playing only one half where he set a school record for passing yards in the first half. Yes, the opponent was UTC, but we have played a lot teams, yet we have only put up over 700 yards twice before, Heupel at the helm for two of them.

Worst - SEC losing a slew of big time OOC games. USC over LSU, MIA over FLA, ND over TX A&M. With GA over Clemson, our conference went 1-4 in those games. Not a good outing for the ā€œbestā€ conference in college football.
The only upset is the LSU game and they get some love when it is underserved. TA&M and UF both not looking good and MIA will very likely win the ACC.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Best -Nico

Worst - our punter continuing his version of Shaw-SHANK Redemption.
He started really shaky last season, but turned it around. I was very critical the first few games then. We may see him display that spoken and never seen athletic talent on a fake at some point.
Even if he can't or doesn't ever do it, it is cool the staff talks it up and draws defenders to the line of scrimmage.

Best our Offense

Worst our secondary and LBs outside of Telander didnā€™t impress this weekend and Iā€™m hoping they can get it figured out before we travel to Norman.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The only upset is the LSU game and they get some love when it is underserved. TA&M and UF both not looking good and MIA will very likely win the ACC.
Yeah, but we are the better conference apparently, so I would have hoped to at least go 50/50. But hey, thereā€™s always the Vandy win lol

Best is Nico taking his place as our Tribal Chief
Worst is LSU player acting like he was shooting the USC player in the head.

VN Store

Back