Best Individual Season?

Tee won a SEC Championship and a National Championship, with basically a less talented version of Peyton's team the very next year. If Championships factor in the greatest individual season its not a discussion. Tee would be easily #1.
There's Hank Lauricella. He had two.

Last edited:
Tee won a SEC Championship and a National Championship, with basically a less talented version of Peyton's team the very next year. If Championships factor in the greatest individual season its not a discussion. Tee would be easily #1.
Tee didn’t win anything. His team did. And if you think the 98 team was less talented than the 97 team then you need to go back and look. The 98 defense was nasty. Tee was nothing more than an average QB in 98.

Hooker should be #1 ahead of Manning IMO. He lead the nation in YPA with a TD/INT ratio of 37:2… while rushing for over 500 yards. We will never see that type of efficiency again. That’s insane.

There is no equation that puts Manning’s 1997 numbers to shame.
27-2 ratio. Still amazing.

Tee didn’t win anything. His team did. And if you think the 98 team was less talented than the 97 team then you need to go back and look. The 98 defense was nasty. Tee was nothing more than an average QB in 98.
You obviously didn't read the entire conversation. I was giving an example. The comment was Peyton won a SEC Championship and I basically said so did Tee with a Natty. That isn't the criteria for single best season. I never said Tee had the greatest individual season my pick was Hyatt. BTW that 97 team was more talented than the 98 team. You seem to be forgetting that most of them were on the 97 team plus the guys that went to the draft like Peyton, Little etc.

VN Store

Back