Biden climate actions to jolt electricity prices

A poorly written "article". Prices will increase "according to experts". Experts aren't identified. Timeline and amount of increase unspecified. Legislation is targeting 2035 and 2050 which means other politicians can come in and reverse PJB's course.
I am not concerned regardless. I'm in TN and supplied by green, renewable, cheap hydroelectric from TVA.

A poorly written "article". Prices will increase "according to experts". Experts aren't identified. Timeline and amount of increase unspecified. Legislation is targeting 2035 and 2050 which means other politicians can come in and reverse PJB's course.
I am not concerned regardless. I'm in TN and supplied by green, renewable, cheap hydroelectric from TVA.

Sorry bucko - hydro accounts for maybe 10% of TVA electricity generation. The bucko part is just the vaccine talking

And 40% clean nuclear.

not quite the fish killer that hydro is but...

simpsons-three-eyed-fish-vector-800x566.jpg

On TVA, there's an interesting case going to FERC that challenges TVA's fence. TVA has a fence, they can't leave it, and competitors can't come in. That's being challenged to FERC, but just the coming in part. If it's ruled that others can go in, but TVA can't go out, others will poach customers, leaving TVA sitting with a lot of excess generation, driving up costs, and leading to more customers leaving. Seems like a ruling like this could be the beginning of the end for TVA. One of those tipping point moments if there's a change.

When trump was elected and removed regulations, our electricity bill went down. There were news stories written about it which people posted here. So when regs are increased prices will go up. The middle and lower class will suffer.

On TVA, there's an interesting case going to FERC that challenges TVA's fence. TVA has a fence, they can't leave it, and competitors can't come in. That's being challenged to FERC, but just the coming in part. If it's ruled that others can go in, but TVA can't go out, others will poach customers, leaving TVA sitting with a lot of excess generation, driving up costs, and leading to more customers leaving. Seems like a ruling like this could be the beginning of the end for TVA. One of those tipping point moments if there's a change.
There hasn't been anything stopping customers from leaving before now. I know Bristol left and I think Paducah, KY also.

According to the article, the earth has been in a warming trend for 300 years, long before high carbon emission levels. And during 2020, we saw the largest ever reduction in global carbon emissions yet saw no reduction in atmospheric CO2 levels. Also, the US only accounts for 10 percent of emissions in the first place.

So, our plan is to spend a lot of money as a country and to increase the financial burden of our citizens by increasing taxes and electric prices in order to put a small dent in global carbon emissions with no evidence of a desired outcome resulting from our efforts?

So, our plan is to spend a lot of money as a country and to increase the financial burden of our citizens by increasing taxes and electric prices in order to put a small dent in global carbon emissions with no evidence of a desired outcome resulting from our efforts?

But you'll feel better about it, right?

According to the article, the earth has been in a warming trend for 300 years, long before high carbon emission levels. And during 2020, we saw the largest ever reduction in global carbon emissions yet saw no reduction in atmospheric CO2 levels. Also, the US only accounts for 10 percent of emissions in the first place.

They prefer 'truth' over facts. Whatever that means.

VN Store

Back