Bill Introduced To Abolish Electoral College

States aren’t disproportionately affected by federal executive branch governance, so why should individual state’s votes count more than another’s?

But it’s ok for some states to disproportionately affect the federal branch governance?

I don't think many people realize what you get with perpetual one party rule, but the Dems all seem to want it.
Maybe we should have started this back in 1980 when Reagan won a landslide. The Democratic Party would no longer exist. He has no thought other than of today and what “his” party could do with more power today

Maybe we should have started this back in 1980 when Reagan won a landslide. The Democratic Party would no longer exist. He has no thought other than of today and what “his” party could do with more power today
When one party or the other thinks that they own you, they own you.

You can talk in circles all day, like you have, but your bottom line position is you want everyone’s vote to be equal. That is not the way this country was setup. To change that to the way you want it, individual states must be abolished and everything and everyone rolled up into one gigantic federal apparatus

You’re right, I do want everyone’s votes to be equal.

The minority you’re trying to word twist has never mattered beyond the state boundary looth. If you want to change it you need to convince people why it’s a better method.

Our Republic was founded on equal peer states. I guess now that you’ve got the Republic formed you think they’re suckers and losers and will merely change the bargain they agreed to in forming? I’m not shocked about that from you I guess
I think the point was being made that it was not a unanimous decision. There was a passionate minority who disagreed. Maybe they were the ones who were correct. Trumpers are all about a passionate minority, it's his life blood.
Someone asked if the founding fathers got it wrong. The answer may very well be yes. Unless of course you believe the majority cannot be wrong.

I think the point was being made that it was not a unanimous decision. There was a passionate minority who disagreed. Maybe they were the ones who were correct. Trumpers are all about a passionate minority, it's his life blood.
Someone asked if the founding fathers got it wrong. The answer may very well be yes. Unless of course you believe the majority cannot be wrong.
Thanks for your insightful commentary Luther Sr. I must say you’ve done a remarkable job with Luther Jr it has to be like looking into a mirror for your.

And as usual no where in this post was a valid point made even after a pile of wasted words.

I suspect the answer is blowing in the wind.

You can’t get it wrong when you literally give the majority a way to amend the document anytime it wants to . 😉

The answer may very well be no.

Maybe the proponents of broadening democracy got it wrong, which would make the founding fathers right. Maybe the 17th Amendment got it wrong. Maybe maybe maybe

Why do you have to bring Trump into everything? Maybe the "Trumpers," as you put it, aren't the minority. I mean, I loathe him, but all this maybe maybe maybe and trying to play like it's ok in a republican government for the ends to justify the means is over-the-top insanity, dude.

If Trump winds up winning the popular vote, a lot of people are going to look like pure damned fools.

VN Store

Back