Blake Toppmeyer doesn't have UT in playoffs

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
He does NOT have UT in his final 12 playoff teams. Blasphemous I tell you, simply blasphemous slander from this hack of a journalist. The nerve of calling himself an expert on SEC football. Harrrrrruuuuumpppphh!! And I would place a bet of $1,000 that five of his 12 teams do not make the playoffs.

Georgia (automatic bid, SEC):

Ohio State (automatic bid, Big Ten):

Miami (automatic bid, ACC):

Oklahoma State (automatic bid, Big 12):

Memphis (automatic bid, Group of Five):

Texas (at-large):

Oregon (at-large):

Alabama (at-large):

Ole Miss (at-large):

Penn State (at-large):

LSU (at-large):

Utah (at-large):

Anyone else think LSU is overrated every year lately? Tons of talent that never really comes together, but it obviously can at some point I guess...

UT goes 10-2 and gets an at-large. I think it could actually be beneficial to NOT make the SEC title game this year in that case.

Last edited:
Anyone else think LSU is overrated every year lately? Tons of talent that never really comes together, but it obviously can at some point I guess...

UT goes 10-2 and gets an at-large. I think it could actually beneficial to NOT make the SEC title game this year in that case.
LSU and Miami are the two on his list that stick out to me as unlikely. LSU didn’t win 10 with Daniels last year, they aren’t going to do it with Nussmeier. And I know Miami’s roster is improved, but I’m not convinced they can overtake Clemson and FSU just yet.

LSU and Miami are the two on his list that stick out to me as unlikely. LSU didn’t win 10 with Daniels last year, they aren’t going to do it with Nussmeier. And I know Miami’s roster is improved, but I’m not convinced they can overtake Clemson and FSU just yet.
I agree. I keep seeing people list Miami as viable contenders, but I will wait and see. Their first game is vs. Florida, which will be interesting and definitely on my "will try to watch list."

Got no problem since we are pre-season outside top 12. I love our possibilities, not ready to declare too many probabilities with the amount of guys we have without considerable reps when they matter. A few bounces, busts or calls can impact the w/l, especially early in the season.

So I can give folks a pass on preseason declarations. I too need to see the hit rate on our newbies including portal guys. Hoping for the max,BUT…..

Do like our chances for a playoff spot.

it dont matter what folks think right now. none of them are ever spot on with predictions like these

that doesnt mean Tenn is a lock to make it or anything either, though. While I can sit here and think that we could replace LSU or Ole Miss in his playoff prediction, i can also see a scenario where we dont. I do think we are a better team than LSU and even Ole Piss, but Tennessee has gotta get on the field and go earn it

let the naysayers nay

He does NOT have UT in his final 12 playoff teams. Blasphemous I tell you, simply blasphemous slander from this hack of a journalist. The nerve of calling himself an expert on SEC football. Harrrrrruuuuumpppphh!! And I would place a bet of $1,000 that five of his 12 teams do not make the playoffs.

Texas (at-large):

Oregon (at-large):

Alabama (at-large):

Ole Miss (at-large):

Penn State (at-large):

LSU (at-large):

Utah (at-large):
lol Miami… and LSU over Mizzou? Yeah, nah.

we can only afford 2 losses and still potentially get in the playoffs....depending on those 2 losses of course.

I think we have to win the games we are supposed to, beat NC State, and then win any one of Oklahoma, Bama, or Georgia

it'll be a tough task... right on the edge of it likely though and a lot depends on how other teams do above us as well

Reactions: chuckiepoo

UT goes 10-2 and gets an at-large. I think it could actually beneficial to NOT make the SEC title game this year in that case.
LSU, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Mizzou, etc. all overrated

Mizzou is NOT that good... they just had a good player last year that ate up defenses...now they have an easy schedule so they are going to look better than they are and drinkadoofus is going to think he's awesome

gotta disagree here.

besides, the auto bids are for conference champs...i dont think anyone will have much argument over the ACC champ being in there instead of a 5th or 6th SEC team that finishes 5th or 6th in its conference
The winner of the ACC would be safely cemented in the top twelve even if the conference is dog crap like last year. The 5th or 6th best team in the SEC would have probably smacked FSU around after they lost their QB.

The winner of the ACC would be safely cemented in the top twelve even if the conference is dog crap like last year. The 5th or 6th best team in the SEC would have probably smacked FSU around after they lost their QB.
so, what is the issue then?

I agree. I keep seeing people list Miami as viable contenders, but I will wait and see. Their first game is vs. Florida, which will be interesting and definitely on my "will try to watch list."
It seems like it’s always Miami’s turn to make a return to prominence and they drop the ball

Reactions: Bearkat_Vol

They went 1-3 against ranked opponents last year. I don’t know why their QB won heistman and I don’t know why they’re expected to be better without their heistman.

If Brian Kelly remembers that defense is important, then LSU could be a force. If not, 8 or 9 wins.

Texas (at-large):

Oregon (at-large):

Alabama (at-large):

Ole Miss (at-large):

Penn State (at-large):

LSU (at-large):

Utah (at-large):
One question I have for this year. How many opt-outs will there be even if a team is in the playoffs? I am betting it will be more than you think!

gotta disagree here.

besides, the auto bids are for conference champs...i dont think anyone will have much argument over the ACC champ being in there instead of a 5th or 6th SEC team that finishes 5th or 6th in its conference
I’m not sure where I land on autobids because we haven’t actually had the 12 team CFP yet, but I know we are picked 7th in the SEC this season. No one can convince me that we wouldn’t be picked pre-season champs if we were in the ACC or Big 12.

I’m not sure where I land on autobids because we haven’t actually had the 12 team CFP yet, but I know we are picked 7th in the SEC this season. No one can convince me that we wouldn’t be picked pre-season champs if we were in the ACC or Big 12.
big 12 we likely would be

acc we might, we might not be. clemson and FSU are still legit teams.

i think your issue is you want to create a separate tier of college football that is like the premier league in soccer. just all the best teams in one new league. but that isnt what we are in...we are still a part of the NCAA, which includes other conferences.

or maybe youd prefer Tenn just switches conferences then? have an easier shot at an auto bid then.

otherwise, i would suggest just waiting like you mentioned to see how it plays out. no matter what system you use, there wont be 100% happiness anyways

VN Store

Back