Blake Toppmeyer doesn't have UT in playoffs

big 12 we likely would be

acc we might, we might not be. clemson and FSU are still legit teams.

i think your issue is you want to create a separate tier of college football that is like the premier league in soccer. just all the best teams in one new league. but that isnt what we are in...we are still a part of the NCAA, which includes other conferences.

or maybe youd prefer Tenn just switches conferences then? have an easier shot at an auto bid then.

otherwise, i would suggest just waiting like you mentioned to see how it plays out. no matter what system you use, there wont be 100% happiness anyways
I’m not sure how you gathered that I wanted a college football premier league from my statement. It was an observation. I don’t think I’m wrong either. If FSU or Clemson were in the SEC I don’t see them being picked ahead of us, depending on the schedule. I don’t want there to be any further conference realignment. If we could put the PAC12 back together I would .

I’m not sure how you gathered that I wanted a college football premier league from my statement. It was an observation. I don’t think I’m wrong either. If FSU or Clemson were in the SEC I don’t see them being picked ahead of us, depending on the schedule. I don’t want there to be any further conference realignment. If we could put the PAC12 back together I would .
i gathered it from your stance that we would be predicted to win any other conference but the SEC and BIG10. that you have an issue with teams that win conferences like the ACC and BIG12 getting an auto bid over Tennessee if we finish in like 5th-7th place in the SEC.

just because we might be better than clemson or FSU doesnt mean that the ACC shouldnt get 1 auto bid just like the SEC/BIG10 does.

Anyone else think LSU is overrated every year lately? Tons of talent that never really comes together, but it obviously can at some point I guess...

UT goes 10-2 and gets an at-large. I think it could actually beneficial to NOT make the SEC title game this year in that case.
They were mediocre at best last year with a relatively easy schedule. I expect them to be middle of the pack this year... and Brian Kelly's seat being very warm at the end of the year. Only his recruiting is saving him right now.

The winner of the ACC would be safely cemented in the top twelve even if the conference is dog crap like last year. The 5th or 6th best team in the SEC would have probably smacked FSU around after they lost their QB.

Top 5-6 SEC teams? Pfft.

Vandy would have probably dogged FSU in that bowl game

big 12 we likely would be

acc we might, we might not be. clemson and FSU are still legit teams.

i think your issue is you want to create a separate tier of college football that is like the premier league in soccer. just all the best teams in one new league. but that isnt what we are in...we are still a part of the NCAA, which includes other conferences.

or maybe youd prefer Tenn just switches conferences then? have an easier shot at an auto bid then.

otherwise, i would suggest just waiting like you mentioned to see how it plays out. no matter what system you use, there wont be 100% happiness anyways
In my fantasy world, a lot of American sports would adopt a promotion/relegation system similar to soccer overseas.

Reactions: knoxville7
Anyone else think LSU is overrated every year lately? Tons of talent that never really comes together, but it obviously can at some point I guess...

UT goes 10-2 and gets an at-large. I think it could actually beneficial to NOT make the SEC title game this year in that case.
7A94E3C8-19A5-40D5-91B2-A0EFE057011D.gif

i gathered it from your stance that we would be predicted to win any other conference but the SEC and BIG10. that you have an issue with teams that win conferences like the ACC and BIG12 getting an auto bid over Tennessee if we finish in like 5th-7th place in the SEC.

just because we might be better than clemson or FSU doesnt mean that the ACC shouldnt get 1 auto bid just like the SEC/BIG10 does.
I didn’t say that though. I just said that I thought we would be picked higher. That’s just an observation, not a “if I were the leader of college football for a day” take. I wouldn’t have said that last year.

If you want to talk AQ bids and seeding that might be different. I think there should be stipulations for being included in the CFP. IMO You should at least be ranked in the top 15 to be included and even if you get in I think if you’re outside the top 10 it’s absurd that you get a bye. I’m pretty certain that I will be proved right this year when the 5 seed from the SEC or B1G waxes the G5 12 seed and then goes on to beat the 4 seed AQ team from the ACC or Big 12.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
He does NOT have UT in his final 12 playoff teams. Blasphemous I tell you, simply blasphemous slander from this hack of a journalist. The nerve of calling himself an expert on SEC football. Harrrrrruuuuumpppphh!! And I would place a bet of $1,000 that five of his 12 teams do not make the playoffs.

Georgia (automatic bid, SEC):

Ohio State (automatic bid, Big Ten):

Miami (automatic bid, ACC):

Oklahoma State (automatic bid, Big 12):

Memphis (automatic bid, Group of Five):

Texas (at-large):

Oregon (at-large):

Alabama (at-large):

Ole Miss (at-large):

Penn State (at-large):

LSU (at-large):

Utah (at-large):
Who?

I'm not sure GA is going to get to the Conf Championship in order to get the Auto Bid. They're finally going to have to play an actually season
The last 3 years Georgia's final SOS was 4th last year, 1st in 2022 and 1st in 2021, and they went 42-2 against it. I think if Georgia doesn't make it back to the SECCG it will have more to do with them not having clutch guys like Brock Bowers and Ladd McConkey anymore and not having stud interior DL guys that made it basically impossible to run against them the years they won those championships. Everybody whined about their schedule last year but they ended up playing 4 teams who finished ranked in the Top 10 and went 3-1 against him them with the loss being by 3 points.

gotta disagree here.

besides, the auto bids are for conference champs...i dont think anyone will have much argument over the ACC champ being in there instead of a 5th or 6th SEC team that finishes 5th or 6th in its conference
My issue is when Memphis gets an automatic bid after winning a weak conference and ranked #24 leaving TN out with a #12 ranking with losses to GA and AL. In that scenario TN would scull drag the Memphis team and should be selected before them.

As much as I hate to say this, (because of my hate for Florida) Florida will steamroll Miami in the opener and miami will be a distant memory just like every other year. I hate the hype that they get every year just to go 6-6.

My issue is when Memphis gets an automatic bid after winning a weak conference and ranked #24 leaving TN out with a #12 ranking with losses to GA and AL. In that scenario TN would scull drag the Memphis team and should be selected before them.
There's only 4 autobids though, and you can pretty much guarantee it will be the SEC, B1G, ACC and Big XII champs, so such a scenario is unlikely. The most likely controversy I can see is that we go 10-2 and so does another SEC team that we didn't play, say Ole Miss and the committee picks Ole Miss. That would be Volnation Armageddon.

Well, a majority won't.

We're 15th in both polls and the oddsmakers give us about a 35% chance.

I have us at 35-40%. Jmo we're more than capable...but absolutely have to sweep the games you're favored in and 1 upset (uga, bama, ou) would be the nail to put it to rest. 9-3 with a lot of help.

I didn’t say that though. I just said that I thought we would be picked higher. That’s just an observation, not a “if I were the leader of college football for a day” take. I wouldn’t have said that last year.

If you want to talk AQ bids and seeding that might be different. I think there should be stipulations for being included in the CFP. IMO You should at least be ranked in the top 15 to be included and even if you get in I think if you’re outside the top 10 it’s absurd that you get a bye. I’m pretty certain that I will be proved right this year when the 5 seed from the SEC or B1G waxes the G5 12 seed and then goes on to beat the 4 seed AQ team from the ACC or Big 12.
and if thats how it plays out, why would it bother you that the SEC would show out like that?

Get. Over. It. other conferences are entitled to an auto bid just like the SEC is.

VN Store

Back