Bowl Selection Sunday Thread

Too many players will opt out from a meaningless bowl game. Verse, their 2 WRs & several others would be idiots to play in a meaningless bowl.
Bowl games are now like Spring practice. Next year will be the near end. If you're not in the expanded playoff games, who cares? Soon, everyone will opt out.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Not supporting UGA for anything, but they originally had Oklahoma on the schedule.
Why didn’t Ga & OU just change to a single game contract at a neutral site? Dallas/Atl/ NO. Could have made a lot of money.

Because I think both were happy the game got cancelled.

Oregon won’t give Liberty an ounce of respect and will be disinterested. Liberty will be fired up. I’d bet Liberty to cover.
I think they’re going to have plenty of bulletin board material:

“Jamey Chadwell on the Selection Show when asked how long he’ll be celebrating until preparing for Oregon: ‘When I saw we were playing Oregon you might as well keep celebrating.’”

Any truth to the rumor that the Fiesta Bowl ordered a scoreboard expansion?

Attachments

• Fiesta Bowl Stadium Scoreboard Gets Expansion.png
    Fiesta Bowl Stadium Scoreboard Gets Expansion.png
    376.7 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: GroverCleveland
I don't particularly appreciate seeing schools game the system with weak SOS and start crying about not making it to the CFPs. Do I think Bama should be there?...... Nope.

If Bama wins it all, should they have been there?? If they are the best team in the playoff at this point in the season, do they belong there??

Reactions: GroverCleveland

“Jamey Chadwell on the Selection Show when asked how long he’ll be celebrating until preparing for Oregon: ‘When I saw we were playing Oregon you might as well keep celebrating.’”
Liberty will beat Oregon for a lot of reasons but mainly because they have the best coach!

If the spread is over 30, you might be correct. Otherwise, NO!

He said that because they didn’t expect to be in a NY6 bowl. Many of the pundits predicted SMU to jump them in the rankings after beating Tulane.

VN Store

Back