Bray made the cut for third string

Yeah screw the Vols and their ex players...........................

How I felt about Peyton when he was playing for the Colts...

I love the Vols and yeah... if they're not playing against the Titans or for a team like the Steelers/Patriots, I'll pull for them.

I still have me allegiances in the NFL though. I pull for "my teams".... not former players. It's why I can love Jevon Kearse, a former Gator, and hate Peyton as a Colt. Maybe that makes me different but I don't care. You think Cleveland fans love Lebron? Dude grew up 30 minutes away. I think you know the answer to that question. I love Peyton the Vol, hate Peyton the Colt. Simple really. What can I say? I'm not a bandwagon fan. My loyalties in the NFL lay with the Titans. Peyton is no longer a Colt but the Titans are still the Titans. Being a fan of single player is stupid. They die but teams go on. Steve McNair, Reggie Miller, Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio.... still a fan without them. Just like we're all still a fan of the Vols. The Vols and Tennesee orange are greater than any player that ever donned the uniform. 5-7 or 13-0... it's still the Vols. If you're against them, f-u. Just like Peyton against the Titans, f-him. Teams > players.

Like I said... I like to pull for former Vols but I'll never make it a priority. Am I supposed to enjoy watching players like Peyton Manning and Jamaal Lewis beat the Titans? Never gonna happen.

Reactions: 1 person

I love the Vols and yeah... if they're not playing against the Titans or for a team like the Steelers/Patriots, I'll pull for them.

I still have me allegiances in the NFL though. I pull for "my teams".... not former players. It's why I can love Jevon Kearse, a former Gator, and hate Peyton as a Colt. Maybe that makes me different but I don't care. You think Cleveland fans love Lebron? Dude grew up 30 minutes away. I think you know the answer to that question. I love Peyton the Vol, hate Peyton the Colt. Simple really. What can I say? I'm not a bandwagon fan. My loyalties in the NFL lay with the Titans. Peyton is no longer a Colt but the Titans are still the Titans. Being a fan of single player is stupid. They die but teams go on. Steve McNair, Reggie Miller, Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio.... still a fan without them. Just like we're all still a fan of the Vols. The Vols and Tennesee orange are greater than any player that ever donned the uniform. 5-7 or 13-0... it's still the Vols. If you're against them, f-u. Just like Peyton against the Titans, f-him. Teams > players.

Like I said... I like to pull for former Vols but I'll never make it a priority. Am I supposed to enjoy watching players like Peyton Manning and Jamaal Lewis beat the Titans? Never gonna happen.
Is it safe to say you are a bigger Titans fan than you are a Vols fan?

Is it safe to say you are a bigger Titans fan than you are a Vols fan?

Speaking of the N.F.L. : I noticed where Nick Stephens was cut by Dallas. My guess is that he will be signed to the practice squad.

Donte Stallworth was cut by the Dead Skins.

However; Bray and Zack Rogers are hanging tough and may make a roster.

I also feel that if Vince Young makes one more bonehead off the field mistake, then B.J. will move up to the 2nd string q.b. for Green Bay....

Learning from Alex Smith isn't the worst idea ever.

Good luck to a former Vol. All you Bray-haters might want to remember that at least he shows up as another Vol in the NFL.

Learning from Alex Smith isn't the worst idea ever.

Good luck to a former Vol. All you Bray-haters might want to remember that at least he shows up as another Vol in the NFL.

And that certainly helps with the prime of UT's time at the top getting older and retiring.

Being third string QB has to be a sweet gig. Practice football and get paid $400k a year with no pressure. If you're smart with your money (as ALL NFL players are), you could do that for 5-6 years and never have to work again.

KC loves them some UT players. Dale Carter has always been one of my favorite Chief players to watch. Jason Allen, Bray and Colquit are a bonus. More I missed I'm sure.

Just wait until eric berry meets you over the middle. Bet you will remember him then

Reactions: 3 people

I am not, in any way, picking a fight. I just figure that since you took the time to explain your allegiances and why, that I could tell you why I pull for Manning (for instance) when he has played against the Titans (for instance again). Every player on every pro roster is there because they were drafted, picked up from free agency or traded. Manning was a Vol because he picked the Vols and, although he won't be tailgating in Indy, he does in Knoxville. Passion vs. no choice if they want the money. They can be at one team one year and pay constant lip service to their love for the city/team and be traded and want to beat their arses the next. So, I follow those that selected the orange instead of were selected by a pro management staff. Also, although going through H.S. in the Nashville area, I was not there when they came and am not caught up in the Titans fervor or those that are there unless they were Vols by choice. It's an age old juxtaposition and I see both sides, but figured that I'd explain why I feel as I do....personally (and am fully aware that I may be in the minority and certainly respect your choice to be more into the pro game).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I am not, in any way, picking a fight. I just figure that since you took the time to explain your allegiances and why, that I could tell you why I pull for Manning (for instance) when he has played against the Titans (for instance again). Every player on every pro roster is there because they were drafted, picked up from free agency or traded. Manning was a Vol because he picked the Vols and, although he won't be tailgating in Indy, he does in Knoxville. Passion vs. no choice if they want the money. They can be at one team one year and pay constant lip service to their love for the city/team and be traded and want to beat their arses the next. So, I follow those that selected the orange instead of were selected by the team. Also, although going through H.S. in the Nashville area, I was not there when they cam and am not caught up in the Titans fervor or those that are there unless they were Vols by choice. It's an age old juxtaposition and I see both sides, but figured that I'd explain why I feel as I do....personally (and am fully aware that I may be in the minority and certainly respect your choice to be more into the pro game).
I couldn't agree more.As for Bray good luck to him.

Why don't you just go home and kick your dog. Maybe he will turn around and bite you.

Don't be pissed because I have lost respect for a player who had every opportunity to lead and represent this program the way an all SEC QB should. He has unlimited physical tools but in terms of leadership and intangibles....he simply D O E S N ' T GET IT!!!!

Being third string QB has to be a sweet gig. Practice football and get paid $400k a year with no pressure. If you're smart with your money (as ALL NFL players are), you could do that for 5-6 years and never have to work again.

Alex Moran agrees with this.

Don't be pissed because I have lost respect for a player who had every opportunity to lead and represent this program the way an all SEC QB should. He has unlimited physical tools but in terms of leadership and intangibles....he simply D O E S N ' T GET IT!!!!

I keep forgetting how you have to get it right by age 21, or you're a lost cause forever. Thanks for the reminder. :hi:

(And yes, I'd like to have seen more by now, but I don't write people off quite as quickly as you appear to.)

I hope Tyler Bray makes the most of this opportunity. With some competent coaching and time to mature, I hope he wins a starting gig somewhere. Always hope former Vols succeed.

No...just that one!

Great idea since he put up numbers rivaling almost any 3yr player in the history of our storied program.
No, he wasn't the best we ever had. But he led the 2nd ranked offense in the SEC last year. Without such production our team would have been the worst in UT history.
He did some immature things 3,000 miles from home between the age of 18-20. Can you believe it?

Good for Tyler Bray. It's great to hear about him succeeding. Man if only he hadn't screwed up those games when we scored 30+ points last year against great opponents, I probably wouldn't hate him then. Totally his fault.

I'm both proud and extremely happy for him! I've said before that Bray relied on sheer talent in college because he could. It's easy to do that when you have as much talent as he does (it's just rare to be able to do that in CFB let alone in the SEC). It should also be beyond clear to all that he never had the kind of coach who could competently push him to study or practice the parts of his game that were all about study and technical work.

So you are saying you were a Houston oilers fan? If not then you are band wagon.

VN Store

Back