Brian Rice: Vitello Extension Has Been Agreed To, Will be Announced After CWS

His agent and AD have an agreement in principle. It’s about as good as news gets keeping him here. Texas was full bore on luring him away. This is the most exciting across the board athletic department we’ve ever had.
Its so good to finally have strong leadership at the University and the AD. We have been plagued by incompetent leadership for so long. We are truly in a new era.

I’m confident (based on zero inside info) that a new deal will happen, but I’m very skeptical of “done deal” talk.

I could be wrong, but Tony Vitello does not strike me as the kind of dude that’s thinking about any kind of business except winning right now. You can say “it’s his agent,” but the man himself has to agree.

I’m confident (based on zero inside info) that a new deal will happen, but I’m very skeptical of “done deal” talk.

I could be wrong, but Tony Vitello does not strike me as the kind of dude that’s thinking about any kind of business except winning right now. You can say “it’s his agent,” but the man himself has to agree.

They’ve been working on his deal since January. They didn’t text him to say “take a break from the WS to haggle this thing out.”

They’ve been working on his deal since January. They didn’t text him to say “take a break from the WS to haggle this thing out.”
Probably told his agent before the year began the parameters he would like to see in next contract.….. can’t believe they started way off. He wants to stay the AD wants him to stay why argue over a few hundred thousand….

He just tells his agent like Chipper did and unlike Freddie. Get er done.

Once you get to a certain level, sports or business, you can compartmentalize. Very easy if the money is right.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
His agent and AD have an agreement in principle. It’s about as good as news gets keeping him here. Texas was full bore on luring him away. This is the most exciting across the board athletic department we’ve ever had.
It's this part I'm most curious about. I have seen their (psychotic, entitled, ignorant) fans claiming some crazy stuff lately, but the most recent tidbit was that Texas is prepared to throw a 10-year, $35 million contract at their next coach. Not sure what you can share beyond just talking in riddles, but what exactly does "full bore" mean? And I'm assuming Danny White has been pretty resolute the entire time that this is one we can't lose?

I think we all need to prepare ourselves for this kind of arrogant nonsense from Texas going forward, so I am going to be THRILLED if our first (kinda) SEC face-off showed them that the real UT can't be pushed around.

I have been waiting for weeks for an SF info nuggets on this topic, and I was hoping this new thread would tempt you to say something. 😃

giphy.gif

Never believe what a Hooker says.
Funny church story...
Preacher said he’s having dinner with some fellow pastors and family. Since he was hosting, they asked his very young granddaughter to give the blessing before eating. She went on to give thanks and pray for certain people around her, including “THE HOOKERS IN VENEZUELA!”
The preacher said everyone at the table opened one eye to look around in surprise but no one said a word...come to find out, her Sunday school class had been praying for and sending care packages to Mr and Mrs Hooker, who were missionaries in Venezuela.
🥴

VN Store

Back