Brian Rice: Vitello Extension Has Been Agreed To, Will be Announced After CWS

It's this part I'm most curious about. I have seen their (psychotic, entitled, ignorant) fans claiming some crazy stuff lately, but the most recent tidbit was that Texas is prepared to throw a 10-year, $35 million contract at their next coach. Not sure what you can share beyond just talking in riddles, but what exactly does "full bore" mean? And I'm assuming Danny White has been pretty resolute the entire time that this is one we can't lose?

I think we all need to prepare ourselves for this kind of arrogant nonsense from Texas going forward, so I am going to be THRILLED if our first (kinda) SEC face-off showed them that the real UT can't be pushed around.
Consider the escalating costs to hire a top baseball coach. 10 year $35M could be a real deal…that may even need to be bumped toward the end.

Funny church story...
Preacher said he’s having dinner with some fellow pastors and family. Since he was hosting, they asked his very young granddaughter to give the blessing before eating. She went on to give thanks and pray for certain people around her, including “THE HOOKERS IN VENEZUELA!”
The preacher said everyone at the table opened one eye to look around in surprise but no one said a word...come to find out, her Sunday school class had been praying for and sending care packages to Mr and Mrs Hooker, who were missionaries in Venezuela.
🥴
🤣🤣 I probably would've bursted out laughing without knowing The Hooker family was on a Mission.

Didn’t see this mentioned in another thread, so mods please feel free to merge if it has been, but Brian Rice, formerly of the Sports Animal WNML, currently with the Vol Network said on air today Tony Vitello has agreed to an extension and it will be announced once the season is over.

Texas fans in shambles.
I would like to offer condolences to Razorback and Longhorn fans, it seems your overhyped opinions of your programs has crashed and burned just like stock in Urban Meyer Florida Gator trading cards.......

Consider the escalating costs to hire a top baseball coach. 10 year $35M could be a real deal…that may even need to be bumped toward the end.
I was thinking the same. Contracts for college athletics keep getting richer and richer and for the most part, college baseball coaches are some of the most loyal. At least as far as jumping to the pros for more money.
Lock this guy in now and cut out any real nonsense down the road.
If I had other people’s money to play with, I’d go ahead and throw out $5M+/year for 10+years, probably even go 12 with incentives.
Make CTV a fixture of the University of Tennessee and prove to the rest of the SEC and college baseball that the BaseVOLS have arrived and we’re here to stay!!

His agent and AD have an agreement in principle. It’s about as good as news gets keeping him here. Texas was full bore on luring him away. This is the most exciting across the board athletic department we’ve ever had.
Tony will certainly get a bump, but he was much more concerned about getting his assistants and support staff more money. I think his final number will be a little lower to make that happen.

Similar situation on the softball side, KW’s extension will feature more money for support staff and assistants.

Tony will certainly get a bump, but he was much more concerned about getting his assistants and support staff more money. I think his final number will be a little lower to make that happen.

Similar situation on the softball side, KW’s extension will feature more money for support staff and assistants.
This brian crice guy must have someone on the inside...
🤔

If anyone ever deserved a contract extension more than TV, let me know. Wow this dude deserves everything he is getting no matter if he wins this years title or not. We are extremely fortunate to have him in our dugout. Across the board, from the AD to our swimming coach, UT athletics has new been better. Go Vols!! Let’s go win the MCWS!!

I think this is a clear illustration of the type of leader TV is. More concerned about his staff than himself. Probably why he has been so successful early in his career.

I would like to offer condolences to Razorback and Longhorn fans, it seems your overhyped opinions of your programs has crashed and burned just like stock in Urban Meyer Florida Gator trading cards.......
Now they’ll have to go back to pretending to hate him while trying to hide the fact that they covet him more than any coach on the planet.

Speaking of figures, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Vitello is closer to 3 mil per than 2. Given Texas reported interest, I won't be surprised to see him over 3 mil per year.
Not a shot. He will be the second highest paid coach in college baseball at right around 2M

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back