Burning Fossil Fuels Makes the Earth Greener

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Makes sense. More CO2 means more plants. Science in the lab and in the field both support this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-nsU_DaIZE[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
Makes sense. More CO2 means more plants. Science in the lab and in the field both support this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-nsU_DaIZE[/youtube]

There is a breaking point though. Too much causes runaway greenhouse effect. We are in a stage where the amount of CO2 is beneficial.

I remember seeing a similar report out of research done through Duke several years ago.

Conveniently ignored

The video is really cool because Ridley makes a few great points.

- He said conservationists should be applauding themselves on the progress we've made, instead of being doomsdayers. Things aren't getting worse. They are getting much better.
- Industry deserves a lot of that credit. Free market innovations have saved the environment from human harm.
- Fossil fuels saved the whales.
- Locations that ban/reduce fossil fuels are being deforested

I think this spring proves the theory of global warming....

High of 59 predicted for May 4th????

I think this spring proves the theory of global warming....

High of 59 predicted for May 4th????

We are expecting record lows tonight as well and possibly up to 2"'s of global warming on the ground by 10am tomorrow.

Record lows for here.

I'm not a proponent of global warming, but no one seems to talk about it when we have record heat in the summer. people just complain about it being hot. They only talk about global warming when it's colder or cooler than normal.

I don't get it either.

Record lows. Oh I guess he is suggesting I don't believe the science put forward that its real. But I can provide science that says its a farce.

I would have figured since gore made a billion of this scam he would have saved us by now.

We are expecting record lows tonight as well and possibly up to 2"'s of global warming on the ground by 10am tomorrow.

Record lows for here.

Not to get too far into the science behind climatology, but I can tell you that people who say "hey! It's cold in May, that must mean global warming isn't real because its not warm at all!!! Har de har" are either ignorant or just plain stupid.

Reactions: 2 people
Not to get too far into the science behind climatology, but I can tell you that people who say "hey! It's cold in May, that must mean global warming isn't real because its not warm at all!!! Har de har" are either ignorant or just plain stupid.

Hey. It is cold in may. I guess all those carbon credits I bought paid off.

Fact. Global warming is not man made
Fact. It's cold in may.

Call me names all you want. I expect it from folks with the head in the sand.

Hey. It is cold in may. I guess all those carbon credits I bought paid off.

Fact. Global warming is not man made
Fact. It's cold in may.

Call me names all you want. I expect it from folks with the head in the sand.

But to say that because its cold in May that global warming isn't real is stupid. Literally choose any other angle to criticize global warming, but don't use weather.

But to say that because its cold in May that global warming isn't real is stupid. Literally choose any other angle to criticize global warming, but don't use weather.

The seas are melting and we are all going to drown. Oops.

Ozone gonna fall from the sky. Oops

It's record cold in may in ft smith arkansas. Coldest it's ever been in may. I call that weather. Wouldn't you? Feels like weather.

Mother Nature takes care of herself and could give a damn what al gore says.

The seas are melting and we are all going to drown. Oops.

Ozone gonna fall from the sky. Oops

It's record cold in may in ft smith arkansas. Coldest it's ever been in may. I call that weather. Wouldn't you? Feels like weather.

Mother Nature takes care of herself and could give a damn what al gore says.

Pro tip: ocean currents control weather. When ice melts, thus causing cold water to spill into the ocean, it disrupts currents, which, you guessed it, affects weather.

To call climatology a science is ridiculous. Climate, and the weather it produces, is inherently unpredictab. I do agree that past weather and climate can be studied scientifically. But the scientific method cannot be followed. And, scientific conclusiins are impossible to formulate.

I think we are just saying the thought of "man made" global warming or climate change is stupid.

Pro tip: ocean currents control weather. When ice melts, thus causing cold water to spill into the ocean, it disrupts currents, which, you guessed it, affects weather.

But the oceans aren't melting. They are actually freezing even more than in our history. Global warming is a farce.

You said not to use weather as a argument to prove global warming isn't real yet you try and use it as a way to prove it exists.

Which is it?

I think we are just saying the thought of "man made" global warming or climate change is stupid.

He never stated man made. He said global warming. And global warming absolutely has an effect on the weather.

VN Store

Back