Burning Fossil Fuels Makes the Earth Greener

First off, don't lump me in with the rest of the liberals. I am not an uber-liberal. I am pretty close to center.

As for your question, I can see both sides. You're upset because, if I remember correctly, you're a truck driver, or you own a trucking company. Either way, you see regulations go into effect that increase the amount it costs to do business. Now, whether truck emissions have any effect on climate change or not, your stance is based in bias. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The other side is that even if climate change is a complete myth, wouldn't it be beneficial to mankind to at least try to better our planet? Now I know that you'll bring up taxes and how much it costs to make our world greener, but in my opinion, money is not an option when it comes to making a sustainable planet for generations to come.

Part principle in an environmental service company which runs trucks and machinery.

And short retort to all of your points, these regulations are costing people their jobs and good paying jobs for labor, drivers and operators. We're talking between starting 45k and maxing 70k per year.

Before your typical, raise prices, manage better ext. Company is doing great but its not worth the expense of hiring full time people, temps will do.

It's killing employment.

Reactions: 3 people
Part principle in an environmental service company which runs trucks and machinery.

And short retort to all of your points, these regulations are costing people their jobs and good paying jobs for labor, drivers and operators. We're talking between starting 45k and maxing 70k per year.

Before your typical, raise prices, manage better ext. Company is doing great but its not worth the expense of hiring full time people, temps will do.

It's killing employment.

Hog....your company isn't located on Dickerson Rd is it?

It's killing employment.

Fair point.

First off, don't lump me in with the rest of the liberals. I am not an uber-liberal. I am pretty close to center.

As for your question, I can see both sides. You're upset because, if I remember correctly, you're a truck driver, or you own a trucking company. Either way, you see regulations go into effect that increase the amount it costs to do business. Now, whether truck emissions have any effect on climate change or not, your stance is based in bias. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The other side is that even if climate change is a complete myth, wouldn't it be beneficial to mankind to at least try to better our planet? Now I know that you'll bring up taxes and how much it costs to make our world greener, but in my opinion, money is not an option when it comes to making a sustainable planet for generations to come.

Climate change is not a myth. The climate has been changing for over 4 billion years. In fact, I'd be terrified if the climate wasn't changing. That let's me know our planet is working.

Now, man-made global warming is the scam in order to institute a global business tax. It's going to cost us money we do not have, and it's going to destroy a multitude of jobs. People aren't going to go along with "greening" the planet and "sustainability" when they're being lied to.

It's not. If he is not going to offer any substance to the debate, then I couldn't give a **** what he has to say.

It's a good point. I can't remember the exact timeline, but environmentalist have been saying for a while that China will account for a 1/3 of the air pollution on America's west coast in the next few decades.

I'm not a proponent of global warming, but no one seems to talk about it when we have record heat in the summer. people just complain about it being hot. They only talk about global warming when it's colder or cooler than normal.
Do you hibernate in the summer? It is repeated over and over during heat spells and drought situations.

Volcano's have been erupting for millions of years and the earth is still kicking..Man ain't got nothing on mother nature.

Do you also call people who believe in God "stupid" because they provide "no proof?

Look in the mirror. Look at your child. Look in your own heart. All the proof you need.

What if the person that looks in the mirror is gay? What if their child is gay? What if in their hearts they are gay? If god makes people in his own image, then why would he make gay people if that is an abomination?

Reactions: 1 person
What if the person that looks in the mirror is gay? What if their child is gay? What if in their hearts they are gay? If god makes people in his own image, then why would he make gay people if that is an abomination?

He loves them the same as he loves liberals.

Seriously though. Gay has no bearing on the topic at hand. We are discussing global warming errr climate change errr what ever y'all call it now.

Reactions: 1 person
Personally i think the "poor" have a lot better chance in a hotter world than colder world.

VN Store

Back