Butch Has Enough Talent...

Butch actually has less talent than Dooley had last year, by far

By far? Same top 9 OL. Same DL. Thirteen of the top 15 tacklers. Both top rushers.

It is also a team loaded with Sr's.

But that really isn't the question... the question is does Jones have more talent than Dooley had his first season when he won 6 and should have won 8? It is also "Does Jones inherit enough talent if he's the great coach we all hope for to beat the teams he should plus someone else that supposedly he "shouldn't"?"

I'm not say he should win 10. I would say that if DD could coach he would have won 10 last fall. I am simply saying that if Jones is "the guy" then he wins 7 or 8 regular season games on the strength of HIS ability to get more out of a team than the sum of its parts.

Im gonna agree somewhat with sjt. Now that we have gotten rid of the worst coach in UT history, we should absolutely win 2-3 more games this year if CBJ is the guy. Be competitive and look like you give a s*** on the field and everything will fall in to place. There is enough talent on this UT team to go 7-5 or even 8-4, no doubt in my mind.

Speak on brother, I have been saying this.

Dooley is the worst coach EVER and Butch is the best!

But Butch is doing a good job if he wins the same amount Dooley did in his first year.

Makes sense

It really does make sense...considering Butch did not inherit a QB , 3 stud receivers , and a good TE ...but he did get the worst defense in UT history , and a tough schedule.

So if he wins 7 or 8 games , he has certainly done as much as Dooley ever did or more with alot less talent.

Reactions: 2 people
Haha sjt, Oskie and the other die hard DD lovers crack me up.

Jones is doing something no other UT coach has had to do and that's taking over a team with 3 consecutive losing seasons.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
Our OL is mature and that will help. But losing the starting QB, 3 good receivers, and starting TE and expected 8 wins is absurd! I'm sure you'll be screaming to fire CBJ after this year as well. Realistically we're at 7 wins with a W in a bowl game. The upset I'd love to see CBJ pull is USCe. I don't think there as good as people are analyzing.

Reality evades alot of people around here unfortunately.

The FACT is that last year most of our yards and scoring came from a dangerous passing attack.

This year we have a new QB and ALL 3 of our WR's and our TE are young and very INexperienced so every team will probably stack the box to stuff our run game and force our young INexperienced QB, TE's and WR's to beat them with a passing game.

Replacing our passing game production will NOT be easy at all but we'll hopefully get a huge sirprise with our new passing game this season....I hope.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

By far? Same top 9 OL. Same DL. Thirteen of the top 15 tacklers. Both top rushers.

It is also a team loaded with Sr's.

But that really isn't the question... the question is does Jones have more talent than Dooley had his first season when he won 6 and should have won 8? It is also "Does Jones inherit enough talent if he's the great coach we all hope for to beat the teams he should plus someone else that supposedly he "shouldn't"?"

I'm not say he should win 10. I would say that if DD could coach he would have won 10 last fall. I am simply saying that if Jones is "the guy" then he wins 7 or 8 regular season games on the strength of HIS ability to get more out of a team than the sum of its parts.

We hope he is a great coach but to this point in time, he can't be placed in the great category. I love everything he has done to this point but 6 years in the MAC and Big East does not make one great.

Depth is the issue quality of depth is just not here.

How many starts, outside of the OL, does the senior class have??

Ayres - 1
Brewer - 16 (not expected to start at this point)
Couch - 13
Gordon - 15 (not expected back)
Fugate - 6 (at FB)
Hood - 8
G King - 2
McCullers - 7
Miller - 4
Moore - 14
Neal - 9
Smith - 14
Walls - 5

all those seniors and only a few barely have a full season of starts among them.. I give you the OL, we are very good there but very inconsistent with most other groups..

Haha sjt, Oskie and the other die hard DD lovers crack me up.

Jones is doing something no other UT coach has had to do and that's taking over a team with 3 consecutive losing seasons.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Why am I not surprised that u r to much of coward to have a mature response.

U act as if Dooley took over a winning program. A team that "knows how to win". As if that's something easy to do. The last 5 seasons with 3 different coaches:5-7,7-6,6-7,5-7,5-7. So don't act like dd destroyed the program. Corrections take time and 2.5 yrs simply isn't enough, especially when the negativity of yrs of being down needs to purged out of the system.

It's like saying a guy who took over a bad business isn't doing well because the company is still in debt, but not looking at the fact that he has controlled it, not added to the debt, and has cleaned up other parts of the business so no need to dig a deeper hole. Takes time.

At the end of the day your personal hatred for Dooley is where ur opnion comes from, and people need to recognize that.

butch has more talent than at least 7 of the teams he is playing so 7 wins should be automatic. He can pull an upset and get 8.

Why am I not surprised that u r to much of coward to have a mature response.

U act as if Dooley took over a winning program. A team that "knows how to win". As if that's something easy to do. The last 5 seasons with 3 different coaches:5-7,7-6,6-7,5-7,5-7. So don't act like dd destroyed the program. Corrections take time and 2.5 yrs simply isn't enough, especially when the negativity of yrs of being down needs to purged out of the system.

It's like saying a guy who took over a bad business isn't doing well because the company is still in debt, but not looking at the fact that he has controlled it, not added to the debt, and has cleaned up other parts of the business so no need to dig a deeper hole. Takes time.

At the end of the day your personal hatred for Dooley is where ur opnion comes from, and people need to recognize that.

Seiously ...nothing personal against DD...but some of the football idiocy that was witnessed on the field had nothing to do with 'talent' or 'rebuilding' If you watched dd coached games and have the slightest technical kowledge about the game ...you would know that the coaching was awful. The players lacked fundamental football skills. The offensive philosophy was terrible and disjointed . the front side of the D and the backside of the D was disconnected . The list could go on and on . These issues had nothing to do with talent.

dooley had no clue how to coach at the SEC level from day 1---he was hired only because of his dad's name--he was a bad coach at la tech and terrible coach at ut.

VN Store

Back