Butch is a gutless coward

What I still find amazing is how many "fans" on here are still rooting for Butch to fail. They make fun of the "process" and still seem to be upset with winning 5, then 7, then 9, and now competing for the SEC title. They wanted a "real" coach who would've gone 11-1 in year one and won a national title in year two. They want to say Butch only looks good because we compare him to Dooley and we need to go out and get a "real" coach.

Many are experience Nintendo football players and haven't a clue how deep our slide down actually went...they forget that Phil inherited a pretty good team and still took 6 years to win an SEC Championship...

We need to beat Georgia next week to have a shot at getting into the SECCG this year...and we must at least split against the two western foes...last night was great but just a step towards where we want to be...

Reactions: 3 people
I sure hope CBJ doesn't read VN. He sees this crap and gets an offer from another school that would support him and he's gone. And we're back to dumpster fire status.

I liked the time out at the end. It let ol' Donkey Teeth and Duck Boy enjoy that special feeling for a few more seconds.

Reactions: 4 people
That one punt was from their 38 or so, not ours..Down big cbj made bad call IMO.
My biggest ***** of game was the way Coach looked like he had never won a game in his life ...calling time out with 5 seconds left in game and then holding offensive meeting. We were up buy 2 scores...WTF say what you want, CBJ (and I like him as person) is not the brightest bulb in the box!

You seriously don't know what the timeout was for do you? He raised his hands to the crowd after the TO. He needed a play that lasted 5 sec and wanted to talk it over with the offense. it was a relish moment. Arm chair coaches that don't even know what they are fussing about are the worst..

Reactions: 16 people
Yeah, I thought the timeout at the end was to put together a play to run up the score with no chance of FL getting the ball back. Hurd almost did it, was only a yard or two short. Unlike some previous games, Butch and the Vols never seemed to take their foot off the gas.

Reactions: 3 people
I sure hope CBJ doesn't read VN. He sees this crap and gets an offer from another school that would support him and he's gone. And we're back to dumpster fire status.

WE keep him updated. :wink2:

Reactions: 1 person
You seriously don't know what the timeout was for do you? He raised his hands to the crowd after the TO. He needed a play that lasted 5 sec and wanted to talk it over with the offense. it was a relish moment. Arm chair coaches that don't even know what they are fussing about are the worst..

This! And that play almost scored another touchdown even though that was not the intent of the play.

That said, this thread is classic. Many folks who went crazy on here and other forms of social media at the half are paying for it big time.

That second half of football and the electricity in Neyland as that was happening was priceless.

Many are experience Nintendo football players and haven't a clue how deep our slide down actually went...they forget that Phil inherited a pretty good team and still took 6 years to win an SEC Championship...

We need to beat Georgia next week to have a shot at getting into the SECCG this year...and we must at least split against the two western foes...last night was great but just a step towards where we want to be...

A friend texted me at the half and said, "We just need to do better, and get on 'em!". I said that was some astute analysis. He said, "I played a lot of Madden as a child".

This thread is a prime example of why I rarely spend time on this board anymore. Mostly, it is to check on our recruiting. There are way too many NegaVOLS on here. I will admit that some of the thoughts expressed on here ran through my mind in the first half, but I never said them out loud. I certainly didn't run to the computer to post them.

Anyway, they got it done and it was in a more dramatic fashion than if we led from the start. While it was killing me in the first half, the second half will be something we all remember for a very long time.

For all you NegaVOLS, shut the f*** up please.

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 14 people
Have to love the irony of a thread that calls out Butch as a gutless coward but then none of those posters have the guts to admit that they were wrong.

Reactions: 5 people
Nothing like a come back win to shut all the mouths of haters. Those who never could saying anything good about CBJ and the staff. Look at how quite it is. AHHHHH SOOOO NICE!

That one punt was from their 38 or so, not ours..Down big cbj made bad call IMO.
My biggest ***** of game was the way Coach looked like he had never won a game in his life ...calling time out with 5 seconds left in game and then holding offensive meeting. We were up buy 2 scores...WTF say what you want, CBJ (and I like him as person) is not the brightest bulb in the box!
If you don't know why he called that time out and brought the offense to the sideline to talk to them then look up the definition of clueless and I'm sure you'll find a picture of yourself there.

VN Store

Back