Butch Jones Future??

If you can be successful at UT and win enough that other "more desirable" programs are trying to get you, why would you leave? You have a good thing going where you're at. This means you're beating the big dogs .

If you can be successful at UT and win enough that other "more desirable" programs are trying to get you, why would you leave? You have a good thing going where you're at. This means you're beating the big dogs .

Hello? We are one of the Big Dogs and one of the "more desirable" programs...We've been down 5 years and Bama was down 10 years before Nicktator. You might want to duh-lete your comment.

Reactions: 1 person
Since 1970, we have had exactly ONE head coach leave UT voluntarily for another job.......let's give Butch the benefit of the doubt and believe what he says first, before worrying whether he is of the same character as Kiffin.

Reactions: 2 people

+1

if you win enough at UT then there is no other more desirable program.

If your winning at UT then your looking at a chance for the NC every year.

Butch will leave us (if he does) probably for an offer from NFL or another program like A n M or LSU or something more successful in recent days..for that to happen he will have to do good (very good) here for 2-3 years..seriously that is my immediate priority..get 2-3 good years and coaches will folk up to coach at the Real UT !! #suckitgruden

If Butch is successful, a move to LSU or A&M would be a lateral move and wouldnt make much sense. If anything, the concern would be that he is so successful that he wants to try his hand at the NFL.

Since we're being unrealistic, I can see Butch leaving for Vandy after Franklin wins the NC and goes to the NFL.

:lolabove:

But seriously, I don't see Butch leaving us after putting in as much work as he has at UT. He has done nothing but work his tail off since he's been here. I say we got us a good one, and he's here for the long haul.

I'm a fan just a realistic one. I'm sure the fans at Central Michigan and Cincinatti thought he would stay there as well.

Youre forgetting he turned down Colorado (pac12) and Purdue (big10) to stay at Cincy. Those 2 jobs could also be considered Big Time.

Dont see him leaving us if hes a winner. May pull the Les Miles thing and get a raise every other year by interviewing, but who'd blame him.

There is a ladder to climb in this profession just as in any other. Tennessee and the SEC are atop that ladder.

UT is a destination job and the top of the ladder for some, but not everybody sees it that way. It's a top 15 school, maybe top 10.

And we all hope so but you got to wonder when fatigue will set in. You know Jones is going to want to see his sons play high school sports they will be there in about 5-7 years. NFL proves more of a schedule to do so.

Are you implying that an NFL coach gets more time off than a college coach? Please tell me you're kidding.

I believe Butch when he stated he would like to finish out his coaching career at Tennessee. He made it clear this was his dream job.

I think that's thinking too far ahead at this point. If he builds this and gets this program going where it should be then odds of him leaving are slim. If he leaves then hopefully he hands a more talented and developed roster off (the problem with last few coaches is that they haven't been handed quit as talented a roster---plus a myriad of other factors. I don't think you ever say never in life---but hopefully Butch stays as long as he able to stay.

Butch will leave us (if he does) probably for an offer from NFL or another program like A n M or LSU or something more successful in recent days..for that to happen he will have to do good (very good) here for 2-3 years..seriously that is my immediate priority..get 2-3 good years and coaches will folk up to coach at the Real UT !! #suckitgruden

U r kidding right.. a n m or lsu... omg that is just stupid to even think he would leave ut for one of those schools.

If it comes to that point it would mean that
he's done a remarkable job of turning the program around and getting us back in to the top tier of the SEC. That in turn would make us a much more attractive job for potential replacements. In other words I'm not worried about it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I like CBJ and hope he is successful. Assuming he is successful I am worried he might jump ship in several years given his more recent coaching history. His head coaching career started in 2007 at Central Michigan, 2010 at Cincinatti, and now 2013 here at UT. What is going to keep him here? Was his ultimate goal to be an SEC coach? Has anyone else given this some thought?

He has said this is his dream job....Lets hope it isn't our nightmare....That said I don't think he would go anywhere...He has told Peyton this is where he wants to retire.

Somebody better tell Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin that. None of those guys had trouble leaving.

unique situations. saban and spurrier went to the NFL and kiffin went to his dream school that he actually played at and originally coached at. now if jones goes to the nfl someday i wouldnt be mad because obviously he did some freaking awesome things to be able to make the jump.

unique situations. saban and spurrier went to the NFL and kiffin went to his dream school that he actually played at and originally coached at. now if jones goes to the nfl someday i wouldnt be mad because obviously he did some freaking awesome things to be able to make the jump.

Kiffin played at Fresno St, not USC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He has yet to coach a game for us! Already asking these hypothetical questions? Really? I'm confused.

Butch Jones played football at Ferris State, I believe.
Not exactly a "Destination" program.
But who knows? Maybe his ultimate destination is the pros???

But he would have to do really well here to make that jump, and I think we would all be pretty happy campers by then! :rock:

As far as college, he was raised in Michigan, so they are the only school that I think he would possibly be interested in. JMO

I like CBJ and hope he is successful. Assuming he is successful I am worried he might jump ship in several years given his more recent coaching history. His head coaching career started in 2007 at Central Michigan, 2010 at Cincinatti, and now 2013 here at UT. What is going to keep him here? Was his ultimate goal to be an SEC coach? Has anyone else given this some thought?

Well, based on your theory, that means that Bear Bryant would not stay at Alabama long either.

He coached at Maryland for a short stint. Then he coached at Kentucky for a short stint. Then he coached at A & M for a short stint. So, why would he coach at Alabama for very long????

Of course, history proves otherwise...

I am watching Brian Kelly real closely though. Once he leaves for the NFL, then Butch will likely head to Notre Dame... Kelly leaves Central Michigan then Butch becomes their head coach. Kelly leaves Cincinnati and heads to Notre Dame then Butch becomes Cincinnati head coach.

VN Store

Back