Butch Jones Future??

I'm a fan just a realistic one. I'm sure the fans at Central Michigan and Cincinatti thought he would stay there as well.

Go research their fan base compared to ours. Their facilities compared to ours. Their stadium compared to ours.

If you think there is a difference between us and Alabama outside of recent success, you need to get a clue.

Tennessee is a challenge. Assuming CBJ overcomes the obstacles and puts us back on top, there is no job in the country more illustrious then this one.

That isn't an opinion. That is a fact. The $$$ put into this program speaks for itself.

If you can't go look at our facilities and not see that you are not a real fan.

Butch has said previously that he wanted to retire here if given that opportunity. Could be bs but oh well, only time will tell no one in this world can tell you a straight answer and after Lane hardly any Vol fan will say he will retire here if he's successful just enjoy the ride and hope for the best.

As I have said in the past, Butch realizes that it will take time for rebuilt this program. He also knows that most of our fans are not very patient. So, if he is well liked by the fans, we might be more patient.

If he predicts that after five seasons, we will be rebuilt as a program but we lose our patient with him after season number four, then he very well may be gone. So, he might simply being buying for more time....

I suppose I'm the only one on this entire forum that's even thought of this being a possibility?

I hope he is successful and if he is I hope he stays.

Fact: The man has a history of jumping schools.

Every coach ever has a history of jumping schools... until they reach their destination.

Reactions: 1 person
I suppose I'm the only one on this entire forum that's even thought of this being a possibility?

Every coach does. You would too. You have to take care of you and your family. The school will fire them when results are poor. Therefore, when things are good it is natural for them to look elsewhere for more money and possibly a better situation.

Also, not everyone sees the SEC as the best place to coach. Lots of other great schools out there with easier schedules and lower expectations. It is not for everyone.

Somebody better tell Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin that. None of those guys had trouble leaving.

Nick Saban made a lateral move, Spurrier wanted to rebuild again, and at the time USC was a more attractive job (from a win now perspective)

Outside of the late Joe Paterno, who doesn't? Let the guy coach a bit and have some success first.

Wow, I just hope he gets to coache his first game before he is Fired, Leaves for a better Job, we hire Gruden etc......

I'm a fan just a realistic one. I'm sure the fans at Central Michigan and Cincinatti thought he would stay there as well.

Hello! What part of Central Michigan & Cincinnati don't you understand? Hell their fans are trying to leave! CBJ is here to stay!

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

Lets get through September before offering a contract extension....

Contract extensions don't necessarily keep a coach around.

He has yet to coach a game for us! Already asking these hypothetical questions? Really? I'm confused.

Why I added the condition to the OP.

So when people submit their resumes to get a better job its labeled as jumping jobs?

No, the repetitive action of it does.

Every coach does. You would too. You have to take care of you and your family. The school will fire them when results are poor. Therefore, when things are good it is natural for them to look elsewhere for more money and possibly a better situation.

Also, not everyone sees the SEC as the best place to coach. Lots of other great schools out there with easier schedules and lower expectations. It is not for everyone.

Boom!
:good!:

VN Store

Back