Butch Jones stays on go in rebuilding Vols

kamoshika

"I evaluate myself hour by hour, minute by minute," the coach said before Thursday night's Big Orange Caravan stop at the Chattanooga Convention Center. "Every night when I kind of slow down a little bit, I always replay the day over in my mind. What would you have done differently? How could you have done it better?

"I think that's all part of being a competitor, but I think the big thing is making Tennessee football better each and every day, whether it's interacting with our fans, whether it's recruiting, whether it's developing our players. That's what we need to do to continue to grow and elevate our program back to its rightful place among the elite of college football."

Butch Jones stays on go in rebuilding Vols | timesfreepress.com

“He’s just being himself,” said Hart, who joined Jones and women’s basketball coach Holly Warlick on the trek to Chattanooga. “Butch Jones is a very genuine person. He also loves people. And you can’t fake that. He loves being around our fan base, he loves being around our former players. And that comes across.”

“I love his energy,” Warlick said. “I love his compassion. I love his love for the fans. It shows. It’s just part of his makeup.”

Jones working hard to give Tennessee football back its heartbeat

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
...said Hart, who joined Jones and women’s basketball coach Holly Warlick on the trek to Chattanooga. “Butch Jones is a very genuine person. He also loves people. And you can’t fake that. He loves being around our fan base, he loves being around our former players. And that comes across.”

“I love his energy,” Warlick said. “I love his compassion. I love his love for the fans. It shows. It’s just part of his makeup.”

Jones working hard to give Tennessee football back its heartbeat
Love, love, love
Everybody now...

Hart drew sharp criticism from certain factions of Tennessee’s fan base when he hired Jones last December, but he knew exactly what he was looking for, and Jones fit the job description.
I wish Hart would STFU. He totally backed into the Jones hire by default and now he's hanging on his hip like a lost child. Which he is. Lost.

Reactions: 3 people
I wish Hart would STFU. He totally backed into the Jones hire by default and now he's hanging on his hip like a lost child. Which he is. Lost.

And you know this how? Have a friend that is a personal acquaintance of elder Mr. Haslam.

1. Gruden never a target....smokescreen.
2. Jones number one target.
3. Strong number two.

Flame away, I don't care. I believe him, you don't have too.

Reactions: 6 people

What is it about your personality that gives you the need to put people down when you have no clue what you are talking about?

And you know this how? Have a friend that is a personal acquaintance of elder Mr. Haslam.

3. Strong number two.

Is your friend a soon-to-be-cellmate of Haslam's?

Did you keep up with the process when Hart claimed he wanted a coach with "SEC experience"? So it all was a smoke screen to fool who? Jones? The fan base? Colorado? :crazy:

Hart backed into the Jones hire, I doubt he was anywhere near the top of his priority list.

Reactions: 1 person
What is it about your personality that gives you the need to put people down when you have no clue what you are talking about?

Let me show you a couple of comments that you said were inaccurate. First, Hart never said he "wanted a coach with SEC experience." Go back and check the facts! Hart made a comment about a couple of possible candidates that they "had SEC coaching experience." Second, how do you know where CBJ was on the list? Why can't you just enjoy where we are at as a program and quit calling people childish names, and putting people down? Buddy, you need to grow up!

Is your friend a soon-to-be-cellmate of Haslam's?

Did you keep up with the process when Hart claimed he wanted a coach with "SEC experience"? So it all was a smoke screen to fool who? Jones? The fan base? Colorado? :crazy:

Hart backed into the Jones hire, I doubt he was anywhere near the top of his priority list.

As I said, flame on......Jones was a top target. You need to keep on believing Gruden is coming. VN needs someone to laugh at.

Let me show you a couple of comments that you said were inaccurate. First, Hart never said he "wanted a coach with SEC experience." Go back and check the facts! Hart made a comment about a couple of possible candidates that they "had SEC coaching experience." Second, how do you know where CBJ was on the list? Why can't you just enjoy where we are at as a program and quit calling people childish names, and putting people down? Buddy, you need to grow up!

Don't worry GV15, he will spiral out of control in a few and be even funnier.

3. Strong number two.

Gruden was not even a smokescreen. He was a made up fantasy by VN. There was never a chance he was going to coach here, and it wouldn't surprise me if a phone call was never even made.

I would have liked to have seen Butch and Pearl coaching UT at the same time. Talk about two energetic personalities that could have fed off each other....

Gruden was not even a smokescreen. He was a made up fantasy by VN. There was never a chance he was going to coach here, and it wouldn't surprise me if a phone call was never even made.

It wasn't just VN, there were other sites as well. Although, I highly doubt there was another site with over 1,000,000 views directly related to Gruden.

But your point is valid that it was an Internet message board creation.

Viva VolReporter!

Reactions: 2 people
If I remember correctly, Strong was the top candidate but politely declined. Butch was second according to what information was released. There was a "supposed" phone call to Gruden's agent but who knows or even cares at this point. We got a good hire and Hart made the decision. Whether it was luck or chance? Who cares. Butch gets it! Got it? Good.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back