Butch Jones vs. Jon Gruden

VFL1800FPD

Two of the main reasons we wanted Gruden was that he had the potential to bring in a top recruiting class, and that he would generate national excitement for the Vols again...

Butch gets it. I know we have a season left to play and its months before national signing day, but he's the third most followed coach in the nation on twitter, 3rd on rivals in recruiting, and is getting mentioned in a ton of lists as one of the most exciting up-and-coming coaches. Up to this point in his career as UT HC, I think there is nothing that Jon Gruden would have accomplished that CBJ hasn't already done. Just my 2 cents. GBO.

Reactions: 6 people
The only thing Jon would have done better is gotten last years recruiting class to be sick. I'm happy with CBJ though and I rather have him over Strong,etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
tumblr_ltdcmumKWy1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Reactions: 7 people
I am just amazed it took someone this long to make this thread...figured it would've been months ago...Now lets delete this thing and get back to reality.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm just glad, you know, Butch gets it. I mean, he get's it.

Butch Jones gets it. IT.

Butch Jones is ALL OVER IT

agree with the poster who said last class would be sick if Gruden was our head coach. My only question with Jones was his recruiting. I believe he is a good coach. But his recruiting has made me a believer.

Butch Jones is hungry and he's willing to bust his ass every day.

Gruden has won it all before and has reached nirvana. he's fine with a cushy job at ESPN where you work 2 days a week and get paid millions.

Reactions: 2 people
It's Dooley's fault that Gruden didn't come. Dooley didn't "get it". Gruden didn't "get it" either. Some Volnation posters dont "get it". Anybody on here have the latest update on what color tie he's wearing today??? How bout tracking a tail number? :crazy::popcorn:

Reactions: 1 person
Let's get over John Gruden please

I agree. To start with Gruden was never going to be the football coach at Tennessee. And I am glad Charlie Strong turned us down now. I was hopeing for Strong because I thought he could get some good players out of the Florida area. But now I am seeing what Jones is doing in recruiting and in a year or two we will be back on top of the SEC.

Reactions: 4 people
Two of the main reasons we wanted Gruden was that he had the potential to bring in a top recruiting class, and that he would generate national excitement for the Vols again...

Butch gets it. I know we have a season left to play and its months before national signing day, but he's the third most followed coach in the nation on twitter, 3rd on rivals in recruiting, and is getting mentioned in a ton of lists as one of the most exciting up-and-coming coaches. Up to this point in his career as UT HC, I think there is nothing that Jon Gruden would have accomplished that CBJ hasn't already done. Just my 2 cents. GBO.

Gruden probably gave CBJ some pointers when he came in and that's why he's doing so well. ;-)

VN Store

Back