Butch Jones vs. Jon Gruden

Can we kill this thread please if u are not full Butch then get off this train back to the top we only have room for true Vol fans.

Omg not this.. if butch beats Fla n bama moot point but if he struggles against those two gruden will never go away..imo

Two of the main reasons we wanted Gruden was that he had the potential to bring in a top recruiting class, and that he would generate national excitement for the Vols again...

Butch gets it. I know we have a season left to play and its months before national signing day, but he's the third most followed coach in the nation on twitter, 3rd on rivals in recruiting, and is getting mentioned in a ton of lists as one of the most exciting up-and-coming coaches. Up to this point in his career as UT HC, I think there is nothing that Jon Gruden would have accomplished that CBJ hasn't already done. Just my 2 cents. GBO.

Wrong everyone did not want Gruden.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Gruden would've been here for maybe 2-3 years then bolted for another NFL job anyway.

Butch has done some great things thus far, and I hope he works out, but if we're in "hot seat" mode again in 3-4 years, I hope we pick up the phone and call Peyton Manning first...NOT Gruden.

Two of the main reasons we wanted Gruden was that he had the potential to bring in a top recruiting class, and that he would generate national excitement for the Vols again...

Butch gets it. I know we have a season left to play and its months before national signing day, but he's the third most followed coach in the nation on twitter, 3rd on rivals in recruiting, and is getting mentioned in a ton of lists as one of the most exciting up-and-coming coaches. Up to this point in his career as UT HC, I think there is nothing that Jon Gruden would have accomplished that CBJ hasn't already done. Just my 2 cents. GBO.

Stop it! Get a grip.

I'll take Butch because he REALLY wanted the job. Jon had so many dictates before he would consider accepting the position. Butch is hungry and I think will be here longer if successful.

my main concern is will butch have this same appeal in the minds of all these recruits after we win only 4-7 games next season? We as Vols fans understand the rebuild process but recruits may not see it in the same fashion.

soon! full gruden i got a source, it says we got him boys im 93% on this its going to be great my grubber is a ten

It never got that close to his ass.

I dont see how any vol fan alive would wont that BOS at Tennessee got on tv and make fun of our Be loved Tennessee Vols we were a joke to him he laugh at us and made jokes about the big orange i would not pick the BOS up walking in a snow storm much less wont that turd as our football coach i hope that BOS WILL take another job in college football then one day we Tennessee can kick his sorry stinking piece of hit and Butch slap that hit eating grin of that turds face i hate that stinking BOS.:banghead2:

I dont see how any vol fan alive would wont that BOS at Tennessee got on tv and make fun of our Be loved Tennessee Vols we were a joke to him he laugh at us and made jokes about the big orange i would not pick the BOS up walking in a snow storm much less wont that turd as our football coach i hope that BOS WILL take another job in college football then one day we Tennessee can kick his sorry stinking piece of hit and Butch slap that hit eating grin of that turds face i hate that stinking BOS.:banghead2:
lulz, what?

It amazes me by the OP getting bashed because he's bragging on our current head coach. God forbid someone share their opinion on a message board....

VN Store

Back