Butch Jones

butch-jones-cmu-to-ucjpg-e6189fa43339b3df_large.jpg

Post your displeasure.
Post your fire Hart posts here.
Post your Dooley put his team in a body cast here.
Post your applications for the AD here.
Post your applications for HC here.
Post anything that you see fit here.

In closing, I hate butch Jones.

Butch did not accept the Colorado job. As such, it looks like he's the guy! Come in, win the press conference, bring in a few guys and a stud DC, and let's get to work.

Hey, nobody else wants our job. Give the job to Butch Jones. I like him and think he will do a good job.

I think Jones would do just fine here. He does not have near the talent at Cinci he could have at UT. It seems he really wants the job and that tells me he would fight like hell to win here. With that said, something seeems to be going on behind the scenes. I guess we just have to wait it out. IMO, Jones would do well to take the CU job and not risk being passed over.

As I have said before...he had a better record at CM than did one Brian Kelly. I would be very happy with Butch Jones.

I hardly ever post here but in wake of Charlie Strong turning down the UT job it looks like Butch Jones has turned down his offer from Colorado. Swain posted on twitter about it and Joe Schad at ESPN also posted this on twitter. Apparently Butch Jones and Colorado had a verbal agreement yesterday but nothing was signed, and now the offer is off the table right after Charlie Strong turns down the UT job. coincidence?

Good value hire IMO. He wants the job and seems to be fighting for it. He is risking alot by putting off other jobs waiting to see what we do with ours. IF Hart would not consider hiring Fulmer back or hiring a Petrino, jones would be a good option to me. At 2.5 mil or less, he makes alot more sense to me than Strong did at 4.

Im gonna try to avoid getting flamed for my low post count by posting the tweets.

Jayson Swain‏@JaysonSwain

RT @footballscoop: Sources: We will hear shortly Colorado & Butch Jones is now off the table. Both sides wishing each other the best...

Joe Schad‏@schadjoe

Butch Jones has declined an offer from Colorado, a source close to the coach said

Butch Jones will be the football Bruce Pearl.

Energetic, creates excitement, great hype man, interacts with fanbase.

In other words, exact opposite of our last coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Alex Anderson tweeted that he has a friend that has worked on Jones's staff as well as Dooley's. Said they were the same coach.

VN Store

Back