BYE WEEK = Who was Tennessee’s quarterback when you became a Tennessee fan?

Andy Kelly

Andy Kelly in 1989 when I was 6. That is about the earliest I can remember.

Same...........got his autograph when I was about 8 in 89'.........I bled orange from that day on. Dad and I went to almost every game.....great memories (especially growing up in The Decade of Dominance).

The Swamp Rat. Later I would interview him for a feature when he was the coach at Copper Basin High School in Copperhill. Walked into the interview blind and got the shakes when I saw his name on the desk. GBO.
Old #16, the Swamp Rat. What a competitor! First Vol qB to throw for 1,000 yards. Good memory!

Reactions: WillisWG
The Swamp Rat. Later I would interview him for a feature when he was the coach at Copper Basin High School in Copperhill. Walked into the interview blind and got the shakes when I saw his name on the desk. GBO.

This guy has 3 reasons for being on my GOAT list:

A) Tennessee QB, duh

B) He developed the WC offense at BYU (my alma mater) with Lavell Edwards

C) A few years back, I set up a GoFundMe to send a pal to the SB. It's a guy who had dedicated 30 years to sports in our community. Dewey Warren donated $500 and he'll always have a special place in my heart.

What a legend.

Casey Clausen. I really didn’t care much about football as a kid until the Titans’ 1999 season, and then really got into the Vols in 2001, when I was 12. I watched some games with my family when Peyton & Tee were at the helm, but wasn’t passionate. I will never forget the roller-coaster of emotion from beating Florida to losing against LSU in the SECCG that year. It was painful, but I was hooked.

Was born into a Big Orange family, so I’ve been a fan longer than I can remember. First qb I have a vague memory of is Casey Clausen. First season I can really remember is the year Rick les the comeback over LSU, when Ainge was a freshman I believe. I also can remember telling my parents that I hated Rex Grossman.

VN Store

Back