BYE WEEK = Who was Tennessee’s quarterback when you became a Tennessee fan?

Derek Dooley was your first Tennessee coach? On behalf of the entire Vol nation, I apologize. No one should have to start their Vol fan life that way.
That’s actually pretty cool tho. To know we have a younger generation that’s still die hards and haven’t seen glory days since they’ve been alive. I was 7 when we won our last title and I didn’t watch it live and didn’t start watching until I was about 13 with Ainge and Schaefer. Didn’t become a die hard until 08 which was the first game I went to against Miss State

Me? The Artful Dodger...

article.194995.large.jpg

Me too^ 👍👏👏🧡

He was SMOOTH and TOUGH!! GB🍊!

The pride of Joplin, Missouri, Alan Cockrell. My how Tennessee football has improved since then
I met him at the Pueblo Colorado Zoo back in 97-2001 timeframe. We were talking and he told me his name and I said didn't you play quarterback for Tennessee and his eyes lit up and his lovely wife complimented him. I think he was active with Colorado Springs Sky Sox / Rockies as a player - coach.

Great guy

Casey Clausen. I was a freshman at UT in 2003. I never watched football before I went to college. Back then students got tickets for free for home games, so I started going to the games. I think it was a Georgia game we lost when I first saw grown men crying that I realized this was serious business.

VN Store

Back