BYE WEEK = Who was Tennessee’s quarterback when you became a Tennessee fan?

Me? The Artful Dodger...

article.194995.large.jpg

Me? The Artful Dodger...

article.194995.large.jpg

Tailbacks in single wing: Hank Lauricelli and Herky Paine. Bob Reichachar (sp) was wing back. Tommy Bronson at fullback. Doug Atkins at end. Don't remember if they all played at the same time but they all had to play offense and defense. The tailback would usually play safety, wing back would play "defensive back" and fullback would play linebacker.

Reactions: OldandStillaVol
Steve Alatorre
My first game I watched (on TV, which was a very big deal back then) was the 1980 Bama game. The VOLS looked like crap, but they were my team from then on. I was 8.

--edit-- It was the ABC Game of the Week and I remember getting tired of Keith Jackson fluffing the Tide.
I was at that game, I think. Did it rain like hell? Got killed on the field, badly.

Reactions: SpookyAction
I was at that game, I think. Did it rain like hell? Got killed on the field, badly.
I think it did, and that caused our kicker to miss our FG attempt. I remember just deflating after that. Tough loss. I remember we were outclassed. 2 years later I finally got to feel a win against Bama listening to John Ward on the radio.

Reactions: nomads-11

VN Store

Back