'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

“It was nothing but love up there,” To’oto’o told VolQuest. “I loved everything. Coach (Brian) Niedermeyer, coach (Kevin) Simon, coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, it was just awesome.”

To’oto’o spent nearly two days in Knoxville, getting a chance to get a real feel for the campus, team and staff. He was hosted by junior college transfer and fellow California native Jordan Allen, who told To’oto’o “his story” on how he came to Tennessee and delivered a message that “if you want to be something great you have to do something that no one else will do. You have to make sacrifices.”

To’oto’o, who already has plans to return to Tennessee after his season for an official visit, was impressed with the school's facilities and noted that it was “a real positive that everything is right there.” Former UT linebacker Kevin Simon, an alum of De La Salle, was To’oto’o’s tour guide over the weekend and has spearheaded the linebacker’s recruitment for the Vols in recent months. “He was with me the whole time,” To’oto’o said of Simon. “He’s a funny dude. he knows a lot about football and just wants the best for me.”

“They just want me to come in there and make an impact, really,” he said. Why did Tennessee make the cut? “They’re in the SEC. They’re showing nothing but love,” he said. “They have that mentality to compete and that’s probably the biggest thing for me.”

-VQ

Reactions: 22 people
We've got Coach Simon, same high school as Henry and Niedermeyer on our side. I think we sit pretty good with him. He was sponsored by Jordan Allen. He is from the same area as Henry. They live about 30-35 min apart in Cali. So, being the man of faith that Henry is, it was only fitting to have Jordan around to tell his story to Henry in regards to his mother and why he chose Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
“It was fun. I enjoyed my whole time over there. I loved it.”

“I feel like Alabama, Tennessee and Washington are on me the hardest,”

Leader(s) among top-8? “Right now, no.”

Thanks. If you get any more info overtime, dont hesitate to share...

Thanks. If you get any more info overtime, dont hesitate to share...
Oh, I hesitate a lot. And I refrain a lot now from sharing what I see and hear, especially on recruits the Vols and Tide are competing for, and even moreso if it's not what Vols fans would like to hear. If they want to convince each other that Taulia will flip to UT, Darnell Wright is a silent commit to UT, etc., there's really no point in me posting anything that doesn't fully support those beliefs.

Last edited:
Oh, I hesitate a lot. And I refrain a lot now from sharing what I see and hear, especially on recruits the Vols and Tide are competing for, and even moreso if it's not what Vols fans would like to hear. If they want to convince each other that Taulia will flip to UT, Darnell Wright is a silent commit to UT, etc., there's really no point in me posting anything that doesn't fully support those beliefs.

Oh, c'mon. What a crock. Post what you want but you have bigger balls than that.

Reactions: 3 people

Then why are you posting on this board at all? You worried you will offend someone? Good grief!

Reactions: 1 person

giphy.gif

He was interviewed after practice in CA yesterday and said his top 8 are final and he won't be going anywhere else. He said he'll narrow it down to a Top 5 by midseason and take his 5 OVs this fall. He said Tennessee and Alabama are the only two OVs he's sure about, so those are his Top 2 right now. He said he likes Cal because it's close to home and his family could watch him play, but he said his decision will be about fit more than location. He said the SEC was the best and seemed really excited about playing in the SEC.

He raved about Kevin Simon-- didn't mention Tosh Lupoi-- but was very complimentary about both UT and Bama. If he has a lean, he's keeping it to himself. He reiterated that he's going to let his recruitment play out and might not commit until NSD, unless he decides early that one school is 100% the right fit.

Reactions: 5 people

Yeah because Bammers are so much more open minded. 🙄

VN Store

Back