'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

So you take a guy that isn’t very good, but is still the best you have at a position, and move him to a backup role somewhere else?

That’s moronic

You said he was the best at that position. And you are operating on that being a fact. The coaches obv did not think he is the best at his position.

Reactions: 4 people
You said he was the best at that position. And you are operating on that being a fact. The coaches obv did not think he is the best at his position.

You assume the coaches think that and not that his best position is olb. See we can all make assumptions in pure speculation like simonton and you and everyone else here right now.

Reactions: 1 person

I’m going off what Simonton said which is that he was a starter at SDE.

If you have issue with what he has seen, see him about it.

"Was" being the operative word that is being used by him to formhis opinion. Basically saying after evaluating spring practice and game they don't think he is best player we have at that position and instead of making him a backup at DE move him to his preferred position where his playing time will be much more dictated by score, offenseive personnel, and down and distance. Now if your opinion is simply that the coaches know he is our best DE and are moving him to OLB just for the hell of it than I agree that would seem strange, no?

Well to Kongbo's defense this will be his 1st year with actual coaching from a defensive staff. Plus he's got a better strength program to benefit from. IMO it's gonna be on Kongbo as to how well he will do. If he wants it then it's his to take he has to apply what he is taught and break bad habits.

JMO, but he’d have better off focusing on bulking up to improve against the run as a 3-4 DE instead of wanting to play OLB.

Simonton saw as much of Spring practice as you guys did, so I would take his post as merely a guess. Kongbo was the starter at SDE and looked solid, so the coaches must have something in mind with this move

Reactions: 2 people
Simonton saw as much of Spring practice as you guys did, so I would take his post as merely a guess. Kongbo was the starter at SDE and looked solid, so the coaches must have something in mind with this move

This sounds like it is actually based on something tangible and not just assumptions and speculation. Nice to see that sometimes on here.

So you take a guy that isn’t very good, but is still the best you have at a position, and move him to a backup role somewhere else?

That’s moronic
Depends on whether he’s really the best there or not. Kongbo’s never been that stout against the run. They might feel better about putting someone stouter like Gooden or Johnson at DE opposite Phillips in running situations and using Kongbo more in sub packages or passing situations.

This sounds like it is actually based on something tangible and not just assumptions and speculation. Nice to see that sometimes on here.

My post?

If so, yeah, it’s based on doing stats for every spring scrimmage. If I remember correctly, Kongbo led the team in sacks and QB hurries during the spring sessions.

My post?

If so, yeah, it’s based on doing stats for every spring scrimmage. If I remember correctly, Kongbo led the team in sacks and QB hurries during the spring sessions.

Could be that they’d rather let him focus on what they’ve seen him do well (apparently, getting after the QB) and dont feel like they’re losing too much in the running situations by moving someone else in his place at DE.

Could be that they’d rather let him focus on what they’ve seen him do well (apparently, getting after the QB) and dont feel like they’re losing too much in the running situations by moving someone else in his place at DE.

Definitely possible. Some of the few longer runs that the offense managed were on his side if I remember correctly.

Everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt though. These are just my observations while I was madly trying to keep up with the play-by-play to give to the coaches after scrimmages.

My post?

Yeah yer post is actually based on observation instead of assumptions. Appreciate it.

That is my assumption.

I know I’m just saying why would you move a starter at DE to a backup role at OLB in order to get him less snaps?

It makes no sense

We only have 1 OLB spot taken so he can start on other end. Imo this is Pruitt noticing kongbo has issues in run game so just put gin at a spot that you just want rushing the passer

We only have 1 OLB spot taken so he can start on other end. Imo this is Pruitt noticing kongbo has issues in run game so just put gin at a spot that you just want rushing the passer

I would think Kongbo and Taylor play the same pass rushing OLB spot.

I don’t see either dropping into coverage with much success but who knows I may be way off here

Why is all of this in the to'oto'o? Just wondering because I thought I was in the football discussion thread

Reactions: 9 people
Maybe Pruitt doesn’t think he’s very good and doesn’t want him on the field as much 🤷🏻*♂️

Or maybe he liked what he saw from him as a pass rusher and wants to get him in the best position to succeed at that. We can all make up things Pruitt is thinking. How fun.

Yeah, but we're not gonna be in our base package with 4 LBs on the field all that often. With the offenses we'll face, we'll probably spend at least half of the time or more in a nickel or subpackage look. And not all of those looks will feature 2 OLBs.

VN Store

Back