CA Store Owner Killed Over Displaying Pride Flag

I'll bet his taste for Bud Light grinded to a halt about the same time they hired that trans boy/girl.
Is that the same as hate? Yeah, when a company makes an advertising choice at odds with the cultural norms of its target market, why is it hate? The answer is it is not. It is a freaking marketing blunder. There is a reason the Swedish Bikini Team was popular and it was not because the target market segment was gay guys.

Who will admit to hating them? Maybe a couple people, IDK. Who will say hateful things? Plenty. Doc just explained one reason why he has "animosity" and that's his word

When one side is openly promoting drag queen story time and wants gender ideology taught in kindergarten, isn’t it natural for the other side to question is there is a grooming and/or pedophilic element to that?

It seems to me that you’re taking the obvious pushback you’d expect from moves by the left targeting children and then attempting to pretend that pushback is an obvious sign of hate. Feels disingenuous at best

Throwing the BS flag on this.
He's not wrong. I do think there is greater visibility today than even 5 years ago, so it may seem like a larger increase than it is. However, as a LGBT member in FL I can confirm hostility has ramped up considerably the past couple of years. I'm not talking about violence, to be clear, but much more open disdain, slurs, middle fingers, etc. And this is just the stuff on a personal level. The public comments by state officials and citizens alike calling us groomers and pedophiles is at the highest levels I've seen since the 1990s. You guys don't see it because it is not not directed at you.

He's not wrong. I do think there is greater visibility today than even 5 years ago, so it may seem like a larger increase than it is. However, as a LGBT member in FL I can confirm hostility has ramped up considerably the past couple of years. I'm not talking about violence, to be clear, but much more open disdain, slurs, middle fingers, etc. And this is just the stuff on a personal level. The public comments by state officials and citizens alike calling us groomers and pedophiles is at the highest levels I've seen since the 1990s. You guys don't see it because it's not directed at you.

You need to quit providing takes based on your feelings and post empirical data backing up your firsthand experiences as a gay man so the straight people here can be convinced.

Pie charts. Graphs. Diagrams. Numbers.

Jeez.

I don't know on this. I really wonder how much was the tribes went looking for trouble and found it in the cesspool we know as the internet.

A lot of the massive divides in this country occurred under Obama. Personally I think it was Obama who broke the media. They (the media, comedians, and the entertainment industry in general) decided he was untouchable. You could never mock him, disagree, question, etc. The way they went out of their way to protect him created a massive counter movement.

Last edited:
Who will admit to hating them? Maybe a couple people, IDK. Who will say hateful things? Plenty. Doc just explained one reason why he has "animosity" and that's his word
Aggravate me enough about something and I'm liable to have animosity about it. Doesn't mean I hate someone, just means I want to be left alone and not be subjected to constant bombardment to accept something as perfectly normal I see as a mental disorder.

It certainly feels like there's more open hateful commentary and behavior against "others" across the board (I mean in society; not the VN board).

Some of it is likely due to amplification, some due to increase outlets for expression, some due to generalized increase in acceptance of this behavior.

Its funny too how some of those most strongly labeling others haters do so by being hateful themselves.

It certainly feels like there's more open hateful commentary and behavior against "others" across the board.

Some of it is likely due to amplification, some due to increase outlets for expression, some due to generalized increase in acceptance of this behavior.

Its funny too how some of those most strongly labeling others haters do so by being hateful themselves.

Data please.

Don't see how this is possible. May have been labeled that way, but certainly not a follower of Christ's teachings.
I agree he was not a follower of Christ's teachings. That said, the Christian Nationalist movement is growing in numbers and influence. They certainly believe themselves to be Christian.

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back