Cameron Seldon 2024 season

Don't get me wrong, I was really looking forward to seeing more reps for Cam Seldon this year. Especially after he did so well in the Iowa game.

However, in an effort to talk myself off the ledge (as I often do). I went back and studied the rushing statistics from 2021.
Tennessee Volunteers Rushing 2021
NAMECARYDSAVGLNGTD
Jabari Small RB1407925.7609
Hendon Hooker QB1676203.7295
Tiyon Evans RB815256.5926
Jaylen Wright RB854094.8214
Len'Neth Whitehead RB322076.5452
Marcus Pierce Jr. RB321304.1271
Joe Milton III QB281294.6542

Even after Tiyon Evans went down with injury, Heupel was able to put together a productive running game with Freshman Jaylen Wright, Len'Neth Whitehead (6.5 yards per carry), and even walk-on Marcus Pierce. I don't think we need a backfield full of All-Americans to have an effective running game. Would obviously be better to have Cam, but I think we have enough guys in that group to get the job done.

Don't get me wrong, I was really looking forward to seeing more reps for Cam Seldon this year. Especially after he did so well in the Iowa game.

However, in an effort to talk myself off the ledge (as I often do). I went back and studied the rushing statistics from 2021.
Tennessee Volunteers Rushing 2021
NAMECARYDSAVGLNGTD
Jabari Small RB1407925.7609
Hendon Hooker QB1676203.7295
Tiyon Evans RB815256.5926
Jaylen Wright RB854094.8214
Len'Neth Whitehead RB322076.5452
Marcus Pierce Jr. RB321304.1271
Joe Milton III QB281294.6542

Even after Tiyon Evans went down with injury, Heupel was able to put together a productive running game with Freshman Jaylen Wright, Len'Neth Whitehead (6.5 yards per carry), and even walk-on Marcus Pierce. I don't think we need a backfield full of All-Americans to have an effective running game. Would obviously be better to have Cam, but I think we have enough guys in that group to get the job done.
Great point. Is Pierce still on the roster?

I know you’re not asking me, but that shoulder takes a while to truly heal.

He won’t even be able to fully go through Fall Camp.

He shouldn’t rush it. Even if it’s 6 games in, he shouldn’t push it trying to come back game 1.

This is his career and future livelihood we’re talking about.
👍🏾

We all want what’s best for Cam and want to see him at full strength.

The other guys can carry load until he’s ready to contribute full go.

Someone here just posted a graphic of the 2021 rushing distribution. Everybody ate lol.

A healthy Cam Seldon is a future millionaire. No need to risk that by coming back to early.

Thanks for keeping us updated, UNC

We all want what’s best for Cam and want to see him at full strength.

The other guys can carry load until he’s ready to contribute full go.

Someone here just posted a graphic of the 2021 rushing distribution. Everybody ate lol.

A healthy Cam Seldon is a future millionaire. No need to risk that by coming back to early.

Thanks for keeping us updated, UNC
I totally agree, thank you for the kind words and wisdom. 👍🏾

View attachment 656989

Brilliant reply, brilliant. Care to elaborate a little though Einstein??

The shoulder girdle is composed of the clavicle and the scapula, which articulates with the proximal humerus of the upper limb. Four joints are present in the shoulder: the sternoclavicular (SC), acromioclavicular (AC), and scapulothoracic joints, and glenohumeral joint.
Knife fight at 119A Cedar Ln Waffles on me afterwards.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
A good player who makes bad decisions....commit to UGA bad decision, drink then drive bad decision...he's responsible for those decisions. He's a hard pass for me
The DUI happened after he was already off the market, so it wasn't a factor in anyone's decision.

That attention has stuck with ESPN’s Mark Schlabach, who calls Lewis his “sleeper” pick for Tennessee heading into the season.

“Lewis, from Salem, Virginia, was a five-time sprint champion in high school,” Schlabach wrote for ESPN. “He had 373 yards with four touchdowns on 30 carries in a Class 4 state semifinals game in 2023. Lewis missed spring practice after undergoing shoulder surgery, but he’s expected to be ready for the start of preseason camp.”

That attention has stuck with ESPN’s Mark Schlabach, who calls Lewis his “sleeper” pick for Tennessee heading into the season.

“Lewis, from Salem, Virginia, was a five-time sprint champion in high school,” Schlabach wrote for ESPN. “He had 373 yards with four touchdowns on 30 carries in a Class 4 state semifinals game in 2023. Lewis missed spring practice after undergoing shoulder surgery, but he’s expected to be ready for the start of preseason camp.”
Not a bad pick!

VN Store

Back