Cameron Seldon 2024 season

Who in the portal would you have gotten I’ll wait.
We needed depth. We didn't have to go find the next Bo Jackson. You mean to tell me there were NO RB's from any Power 5 or Group of 5 schools in the entire portal that would've added quality depth to our roster?? Horsecrap!

Who in the portal would you have gotten I’ll wait.
Judkins, Etienne, Martinez, Sanders, Jackson, Waters etc. Martinez from Oreg St was the main one , but some reason we canceled his visit. I think it was a money issue, but there'd numerous we could have gone after. Hopefully it won't matter, but definitely risky with Seldon and Le, Lewis and Bishop coming off injuries. I don't think Keith will do much. Sounds like Seldon and Lewis will be ready for fall. But if neither are or have lingering issues and something happens to Sampson, we're screwed.

Reactions: Frozevol
Judkins, Etienne, Martinez, Sanders, Jackson, Waters etc. Martinez from Oreg St was the main one , but some reason we canceled his visit. I think it was a money issue, but there'd numerous we could have gone after. Hopefully it won't matter, but definitely risky with Seldon and Le, Lewis and Bishop coming off injuries. I don't think Keith will do much. Sounds like Seldon and Lewis will be ready for fall. But if neither are or have lingering issues and something happens to Sampson, we're screwed.
Or maybe bishop is better than most give him credit for… we went after Dixon one year and he was a culture bust… hard to find RBs that’s not going to mess up our culture and if you trust your room why risk it? Lack of experience doesn’t mean lack of talent… the coaches are in the practice room with the RBs everyday. If you go get a heavy hitter and lose Sampson was it worth it ? And no good RBs will agree to being a depth piece.

Last edited:
We needed depth. We didn't have to go find the next Bo Jackson. You mean to tell me there were NO RB's from any Power 5 or Group of 5 schools in the entire portal that would've added quality depth to our roster?? Horsecrap!
Yes because players enter the transfer portal to go be 3rd string at other schools. Instead of staying where they are to be 3rd string. Makes sense.

Reactions: All_Vol87
And then Sampson transfers.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
There’s a reason there was a huge sigh of relief when he left Oxford. He was a massive problem. We don’t need that.

Our RBs are all we need. We don't need no portable Pinto ponies. The boys we got, you're going mezzo-soprano, and bass-baritone these guys at the same time all season. Just you watch. We got some real dogs now. Don't porta whine, enjoy the party heading your way.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
The staff is ALWAYS monitoring the portal.

But it has to be a player who is a plus in the locker room and on campus, too. I think that is where most of the on-field talent doesn't make the grade. The baseball team has shown the importance of culture and team-channeled egos.

The staff is ALWAYS monitoring the portal.

But it has to be a player who is a plus in the locker room and on campus, too. I think that is where most of the on-field talent doesn't make the grade. The baseball team has shown the importance of culture and team-channeled egos.
True, and that IS an aspect to recruiting I admit to forgetting about sometimes. Culture is important!

We all want what’s best for Cam and want to see him at full strength.

The other guys can carry load until he’s ready to contribute full go.

Someone here just posted a graphic of the 2021 rushing distribution. Everybody ate lol.

A healthy Cam Seldon is a future millionaire. No need to risk that by coming back to early.

Thanks for keeping us updated, UNC
The doctors,coaches and cam will make the decision. Nobody knows the scope of the injury except the above and his family. If he can go early he will, if he can’t he won’t. Going by what coaches have said is all I am going to go by as well as what Seldon says. Also I appreciate Plove’s insight on this, he knows more about this than 99 percent on here. GBO!

VN Store

Back