Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

• Yes.

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No.

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • Melania is lonely. Very lonely.

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Two of the discarded ballots had been resealed inside their appropriate envelopes by Luzerne elections staff prior to recovery by the FBI and the contents of those 2 ballots are unknown. So the person that discovered the ballots in the trash decided to reseal some before the FBI arrived?

giphy.gif

The high cost of printer ink is really starting to cut into the margins of my phony ballot printing business on the dark-web.

The issue came up quite a bit last night and was expressed as exactly what concerned me in prior posts: a number of states do not allow their elections officials to even begin counting the mailed-in ballots until election day. That means that all the ones that have come in for 30-60 days beforehand are just piling up, have to be opened, and tabulated, and that's a much bigger chore this time around given the larger than normal mail in ballots due to the virus this year. So we know for a fact that some states -- including some battleground states -- won't be close to tabulating their vote totals for days after the election. Some don't certify for a week to ten days after the election for that reason. To make sure every vote is counted.

Trump clearly indicated last night that he is going to engage in the Red Mirage strategy: if a point or two ahead in a given state on November 3, he will claim victory. But if the total changes when the ballots are counted, he is prepared to promote and even provoke civil unrest to defeat our most basic democractic (small d) ideals. That alone is disqualifying to be POTUS and the GOP ouight to be kicking him to the curb if they want to save their party long term.

The problem with deciding elections days/weeks after the election date seems like something that would've been done during the Pony Express days. It is backwards and seems potentially with problems. Voting should not be something that is considered normal while eating a donut in the living room then your ballet gets licked and mailed in, unless you are initiated that request.

A friend of mine literally received three mail in ballots in the mail all addressed to him. This process is ripe for fraud and abuse.

I call BS. Put it out for everyone to see if it happens. This is about as reliable as anonymous sources.

I call BS. Put it out for everyone to see if it happens. This is about as reliable as anonymous sources.

He posted the ballots sent to him. I’m not going to repost his name and address for the world to see. But you can call BS if you want.

I just filled in my mail in ballot today. Off it goes in the mail tomorrow and I will track it via the TN state website that tracks it once it is received by the county election commission. I was surprised to see Kanye West made the ballot.

Hmmmm, not sure this campaign is going to get the attention they were hoping for.

Sarah Silverman, Tiffany Haddish Get Naked in New Mail-in Voting PSA - Variety

The ad (watch below) features a stripped-down-to-their-birthday-suits roster that includes Tiffany Haddish, Chris Rock, Amy Schumer, Chelsea Handler, Naomi Campbell, Mark Ruffalo, Sarah Silverman (and her father Donald), Josh Gad and Ryan Michelle Bathe, as well as a fully dressed Borat (Sacha Baron Cohen). In the spot, the celebs implore voters on the necessary steps they must take when voting by mail and urge voters to mail or drop off their ballots ASAP.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back