Cancel Adidas!

I'd rather a game end in a tie than for it to be settled via something that doesn't resemble the how the rest of the game was played (college FB overtime, MLB, NHL)

Not me. And CFB games are settled on the field playing the game so how can you say that? And MLB just keeps going inning after inning until someone wins.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Arthur Ashe and Billie Jean King say hi!
What are you implying about Arthur Ashe here? I know he died from complications of AIDS, but he wasn't a homosexual or transgender. At the time of his death, he was happily married with a wife and young daughter.

Arthur Ashe contracted AIDS from a blood transfusion following open heart surgery in 1983. That was just prior to when screening blood donors for AIDS began. Unfortunately, a high percentage of blood donors at the time, were also intravenous drug users who would often share needles with each other. This was especially true in big cities.

Reactions: EasternVol
It's what I do for a living. I am literally a beverage director.
Why does that give you the authority to tell someone else what they do or do not prefer? Are you literally a taste bud director, too?

Actually, if you make money off selling people expensive alcohol, I would trust your opinion even less.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
What are you implying about Arthur Ashe here? I know he died from complications of AIDS, but he wasn't a homosexual or transgender. At the time of his death, he was happily married with a wife and young daughter.

Arthur Ashe contracted AIDS from a blood transfusion following open heart surgery in 1983. That was just prior to when screening blood donors for AIDS began. Unfortunately, a high percentage of blood donors at the time, were also intravenous drug users who would often share needles with each other. This was especially true in big cities.
It was a dig at the OPs hysteria regarding biological males competing against biological females. I only mentioned Ashe vs. King because it’s one of the more famous examples. Granted, neither were transgender.

I get that there’s a lot of anger and angst surrounding biological males who are transitioning being allowed to compete against biological females. To me it seems like it gives the transgender athlete an enormous advantage that borders on unfair.

It was a dig at the OPs hysteria regarding biological males competing against biological females. I only mentioned Ashe vs. King because it’s one of the more famous examples. Granted, neither were transgender.

I get that there’s a lot of anger and angst surrounding biological males who are transitioning being allowed to compete against biological females. To me it seems like it gives the transgender athlete an enormous advantage that borders on unfair.
I see. I think you are confusing Arthur Ashe with Bobby Riggs. That's who Billie Jean King famously played in a "Battle of the Sexes" match in 1973. Ashe was in the prime of his career in '73. Had he played her, it would have been a straight set wipe out. Riggs was an old man by then.

Why does that give you the authority to tell someone else what they do or do not prefer? Are you literally a taste bud director, too?

Actually, if you make money off selling people expensive alcohol, I would trust your opinion even less.

No authority. Credentials. I know more about it than the vast majority of people.

I get the lack of credence. I take your medical opinions with a grain of Maldon salt.

I see. I think you are confusing Arthur Ashe with Bobby Riggs. That's who Billie Jean King famously played in a "Battle of the Sexes" match in 1973. Ashe was in the prime of his career in '73. Had he played her, it would have been a straight set wipe out. Riggs was an old man by then.
Ahh. Thanks for the correction.

No authority. Credentials. I know more about it than the vast majority of people.

I get the lack of credence. I take your medical opinions with a grain of Maldon salt.
Cool. When I start selling medications from my business-owned pharmacy we can talk.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I’d be ok with a rule in both sports that said if you go down and need assistance then you’re done for the game

In football it needs to be until the next series. Soccer I don’t know, a lot of them just need to change their maxi-pads.
The way soccer players cry all the time makes it tough to watch.
New balance (mojo) brings up an interesting point.
Lane Kiffens ole miss is certainly playing like a soccer team.

The way soccer players cry all the time makes it tough to watch.
New balance (mojo) brings up an interesting point.
Lane Kiffens ole miss is certainly playing like a soccer team.

Ol Lame had more injury stoppages in the 4th quarter than a Premier League team has ever had in a half. There has only been 1 game in the history of the Premier League that ever had as much stoppage time (and that involved a guy getting neck braced and carted) as what happened during the 4th quarter of the game of the Ole Miss game

What do you 'know' about alcohol? I don't mean that in a derogatory way either, but I have always found these drink experts to be FOS. Robert Parker comes to mind. "Notes of cassis and earth ... with raspberries and tangerines". What a crock of sh!!te. But he sells his 'ratings' to Wine Spectator for what I am sure is a bundle and the elite eat it up. What people like is a personal experience. What is 'good' or great is an opinion.

What do you 'know' about alcohol? I don't mean that in a derogatory way either, but I have always found these drink experts to be FOS. Robert Parker comes to mind. "Notes of cassis and earth ... with raspberries and tangerines". What a crock of sh!!te. But he sells his 'ratings' to Wine Spectator for what I am sure is a bundle and the elite eat it up. What people like is a personal experience. What is 'good' or great is an opinion.
Imagine a tattted up millennial dude with a full beard whose palette has been damaged by smoking and vaping for years telling normal people what they should like drink wise.
That’s how silly some of this is

Reactions: kiddiedoc

VN Store

Back