Candace Owens Rips Lil Nas X’s ‘Satan Shoes’: ‘Nobody Has The Courage To Tell Black America The Truth’

her 15 mins of fame is almost over

I don't think that metric applies anymore. In the past, people were famous because of beauty or unique talent but that was fleeting as people grew overexposed and less savvy managers burned through their talent chasing fast money.

Now the Puritanical fervor of Left/Right outrage culture has subsumed individuality and as a long as you worship loudly enough at the golden idols your side erects you can stay "famous" until that great awakening when people wise up and turn off social media/cable news.

It will get better eventually, but right now the Baby Boomers especially have been reprogrammed by their fake outrage factories, and in the immortal word of Mr. Dalton . . .

Owens argued that the corporations are behind our broken culture, particularly for black Americans.

Candace Owens on Sunday ripped into the media and corporations for promoting a “sick culture” that’s crippling future generations, particularly black Americans, whom the conservative argued are being “used” to promulgate such unhealthy messages.

Nas sparked backlash this weekend over the shoes. He designed a pair of Nike sneakers with the company MSCHF that apparently include a drop of human blood mixed with ink, of which only 666 pairs are available for purchase, staying inline with the satanic theme.

Nike said Sunday that the company has nothing to do with the release or the design of the shoes, but the company stopped short of denouncing the Satan-themed kicks.

The sneakers coincide with a new hellish music video from Nas, wherein the singer gives Satan a lap dance.

“Satan shoes? Please stop blaming white people,” Owens captioned an Instagram video (see below). “Nobody has the courage to tell Black America the truth. I do.”

Candace Owens Rips Lil Nas X’s ‘Satan Shoes’: ‘Nobody Has The Courage To Tell Black America The Truth’
I'm glad our resident white grievance warriors have found their cause celebre for the week. Real question is how this can be linked to letting Dr. Seuss books with racist imagery go out of print. I'm sure there's some connection. I don't know, could it be ....

I don't think that metric applies anymore. In the past, people were famous because of beauty or unique talent but that was fleeting as people grew overexposed and less savvy managers burned through their talent chasing fast money.

Now the Puritanical fervor of Left/Right outrage culture has subsumed individuality and as a long as you worship loudly enough at the golden idols your side erects you can stay "famous" until that great awakening when people wise up and turn off social media/cable news.

It will get better eventually, but right now the Baby Boomers especially have been reprogrammed by their fake outrage factories, and in the immortal word of Mr. Dalton . . .

True but her tweets are desperately trying to keep relevancy and its obvious. People are getting bored with it

Maybe 15 years ago. But that's not true anymore. I guess we have different standards for talent.

I would guess that's not the case with the hip-hop community.

No doubt that we do have different standards, but calling somebody "severely limited" when they've written, produced, and recorded 3 multi-platinum hits by the age of 20 (or whatever he is) is unreasonably hyperbolic.

Reactions: zeppelin128
I would guess that's not the case with the hip-hop community.

No doubt that we do have different standards, but calling somebody "severely limited" when they've written, produced, and recorded 3 multi-platinum hits by the age of 20 (or whatever he is) is unreasonably hyperbolic.
Admittedly hyperbolic, but talent hasn't been overly important beginning in the 80's and seemingly got worse with the internet age. But I do think we are beginning to see a change, new artist with talent are going viral and getting noticed.

Talent is objective. Hip Hop isn't nearly as good as it once was with the decline of lyricists, but in the decline of genres new branches of the musical tree sprout. I'm really encouraged to see the black hip hop/punk bands develop. I personally like ho99o9 and some others. Just not a fan of hip pop.

Perhaps his talent less in producing? Nothing wrong with that, just nothing notable in his talent thus far at least IMO but hell we all have one.

Admittedly hyperbolic, but talent hasn't been overly important beginning in the 80's and seemingly got worse with the internet age. But I do think we are beginning to see a change, new artist with talent are going viral and getting noticed.

Talent is objective. Hip Hop isn't nearly as good as it once was with the decline of lyricists, but in the decline of genres new branches of the musical tree sprout. I'm really encouraged to see the black hip hop/punk bands develop. I personally like ho99o9 and some others. Just not a fan of hip pop.

Perhaps his talent less in producing? Nothing wrong with that, just nothing notable in his talent thus far at least IMO but hell we all have one.

You were right that our standard for talent is much different. If it doesn't take talent to be a pop star in an era where people can listen to whatever they want, what does it take? Nobody is forcing Jefferson Starship down the kids' throats. They listen to whatever they want and you think talentless people are winning. Go and win, too, then. This should be easy

Last edited:
I'm glad our resident white grievance warriors have found their cause celebre for the week. Real question is how this can be linked to letting Dr. Seuss books with racist imagery go out of print. I'm sure there's some connection. I don't know, could it be ....

Funny how you keep griping about conservatives not letting Dr Seuss go. Yet it seems like you are the one that keeps bringing it up.

You were right that our standard for talent is much different. If it doesn't take talent to be a pop star in an era where people can listen to whatever they want, what does it take? Nobody is forcing Jefferson Starship down the kids' throats. They listen to whatever they want and you think talentless people are winning. Go and win, too, then. This should be easy

Good points. In in the 60s you might listen to 20 bands and only hear The Wrecking Crew. Often they'd only look for a real band once a studio-made single hit it big. We just aren't playing all the plastic stuff in 2021 that didn't pass the test of time.

Even from the 70s, Warren Zevon still hasn't even (hard to believe) been on a ballot for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and most people think of him as a one hit wonder.

So obviously being a genius talent has never been the only metric. Would an ugly Elvis be Elvis?

Reactions: volinbham
Good points. In in the 60s you might listen to 20 bands and only hear The Wrecking Crew. Often they'd only look for a real band once a studio-made single hit it big. We just aren't playing all the plastic stuff in 2021 that didn't pass the test of time.

Even from the 70s, Warren Zevon still hasn't even (hard to believe) been on a ballot for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and most people think of him as a one hit wonder.

So obviously being a genius talent has never been the only metric. Would an ugly Elvis be Elvis?

All good points but the heart of what I'm saying is all forms of talent factor. It's not just about singing, writing, and playing instruments. Elvis's good looks were part of his talent as a pop star.

Every generation and genre has absolutely terrible songs that are hits. Let's use a somewhat recent one as an example.

I believe Justin Bieber's first hit was that "Baby" song, which lyrically is super unimpressive. In the traditional way of looking at talent, this is like the epitome of talentless music...but you really have to take a closer look. He intentionally wrote something for his teenie bopper audience that was easy to sing along with, and his amazing voice carries it. He has the look. He can sing and dance very well at the same time. He's good-looking. He has a stage presence and a personality. He's also an incredible drummer, even as a little kid, but I don't know how much he was producing at the time he recorded that album. He's like an A+ in all these categories I mention and that same song never becomes a hit if it's by a B talent.

All good points but the heart of what I'm saying is all forms of talent factor. It's not just about singing, writing, and playing instruments. Elvis's good looks were part of his talent as a pop star.

Every generation and genre has absolutely terrible songs that are hits. Let's use a somewhat recent one as an example.

I believe Justin Bieber's first hit was that "Baby" song, which lyrically is super unimpressive. In the traditional way of looking at talent, this is like the epitome of talentless music...but you really have to take a closer look. He intentionally wrote something for his teenie bopper audience that was easy to sing along with, and his amazing voice carries it. He has the look. He can sing and dance very well at the same time. He's good-looking. He has a stage presence and a personality. He's also an incredible drummer, even as a little kid, but I don't know how much he was producing at the time he recorded that album. He's like an A+ in all these categories I mention and that same song never becomes a hit if it's by a B talent.
After reading this I think I know where you are coming from in our previous discussion. There are many more talented rappers, writers etc that never see the limelight. NasX certainly must have some talent. But lyricist isn't it, perhaps I'm stuck in the late 80's through 2010 era of rap/hip-hop.

There are many more talented rappers and artists in that respect who never see the light of day.

A friend of mine tours and has had relative success as an artist. He has some very talented family members as well. I'm sure I'm bias but he's put in decades of work. His problem is he's not s marketable a done you've mentioned and that is a shame, but with the internet artists like them get discovered and create a following.

Totally agree with this. My uncle who has always been a near virtuoso on guitar loves Kiss and argues for their spot in the pantheon because he says their show was among the greatest spectacles he's ever seen and basic three chord rock was the perfect way to deliver what they were doing.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Totally agree with this. My uncle who has always been a near virtuoso on guitar loves Kiss and argues for their spot in the pantheon because he says their show was among the greatest spectacles he's ever seen and basic three chord rock was the perfect way to deliver what they were doing.

Just knowing how to appeal to people en masse is an incredible talent, no matter what industry you're in or what the medium is.

Just gonna chime in here as an accredited master of music.

The vast majority of popular music (basically all music minus orchestral and indigenous world music) throughout history generally displays low to moderate amounts of talent as far as sheer musicality goes. The list of legitimate virtuoso musicians in popular music is comparatively short.

Comparing sheer talent of present day versus any point in the past is absolutely no contest: musicians continue to evolve and develop new ideas and techniques that are ever-propelling the ascension of musical talent. If you put the "best" musician of any instrument in 2021 against the "best" of any other year or era, the 2021 is going to be more talented every time.

Again, everything I'm covering is only regarding sheer musical talent, which I think is notably less subjective than determining if the music or musician is "good" or not. You can measure things like speed, precision, effectiveness of techniques, album sales, etc, which are strong factors in determining talent.

Well, by putting out products that further ruin our culture and destroy our morals. They’re doing both at the same time. Making money off the same things that hurt us. It’s not much different than the concept of a drug dealer.

Marketing has a lot to do with it. There's no longer even any pretense in presenting fact to say why a product is good, why it's "improved", how it's better than the competition ... Marketing has no ethics, and neither do the corporations behind the marketing - just exploit what the current "culture" gives them to work with.

Owens argued that the corporations are behind our broken culture, particularly for black Americans.

Candace Owens on Sunday ripped into the media and corporations for promoting a “sick culture” that’s crippling future generations, particularly black Americans, whom the conservative argued are being “used” to promulgate such unhealthy messages.

Nas sparked backlash this weekend over the shoes. He designed a pair of Nike sneakers with the company MSCHF that apparently include a drop of human blood mixed with ink, of which only 666 pairs are available for purchase, staying inline with the satanic theme.

Nike said Sunday that the company has nothing to do with the release or the design of the shoes, but the company stopped short of denouncing the Satan-themed kicks.

The sneakers coincide with a new hellish music video from Nas, wherein the singer gives Satan a lap dance.

“Satan shoes? Please stop blaming white people,” Owens captioned an Instagram video (see below). “Nobody has the courage to tell Black America the truth. I do.”

It's not his fault people get flipped out over stupid concepts like "666" and that there's an actual Satan out there trying to get you. Most of what people associate with Satan isn't even from the freakin bible, so the freaking out over it is even more hilarious.

Losing your s*** over Satan themed shoes is about as sensible as losing it over Darth Vader shoes.

Well, by putting out products that further ruin our culture and destroy our morals. They’re doing both at the same time. Making money off the same things that hurt us. It’s not much different than the concept of a drug dealer.

Destroy our morals? What morals? What "culture"?

VN Store

Back