Candace Owens Rips Lil Nas X’s ‘Satan Shoes’: ‘Nobody Has The Courage To Tell Black America The Truth’

My favorite part of all of this is that after some folks lost their **** about his video and shoes, he turned around and released an extended cut of the video. Plus his twitter feed has been hilarious since Saturday.
My favorite is the people outraged because their kids loved Old Town Road and now they're listening to this. Old Town Road had lyrics talking about doing drugs and committing adultery and they were fine with that apparently.

Reactions: zeppelin128
The Cure were terrible live though. I saw them on the Dr Feelgood tour in Oklahoma City. The rest of the band is really good though. Mick Mars is one of the most underrated rock guitarists in history.

I saw them during the carnival tour and they were pretty good. Maybe it was bad when you saw them because they were close to breaking up.

GNR is by far the best band I have ever seen live and it wasnt even close. Their concert at Nissan was amazing. Bon Jovi at Firestone was very good too but not as good. I have seen Aerosmith twice live, both during the 80s and 90s, and both times I was not very impressed. Oddly the most fun I have ever had was going to ICP concerts as a kid and getting drenched in Faygo but that is a completely different type of experience.

I have always wanted to see Kiss and elton john but it's never happened.

My favorite is the people outraged because their kids loved Old Town Road and now they're listening to this. Old Town Road had lyrics talking about doing drugs and committing adultery and they were fine with that apparently.

Adultery?...an 18 yo singing "cheated on my baby" is not talking about his wife, nor does cheating mean sex. Don't even know what the drug part would be.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You were right that our standard for talent is much different. If it doesn't take talent to be a pop star in an era where people can listen to whatever they want, what does it take? Nobody is forcing Jefferson Starship down the kids' throats. They listen to whatever they want and you think talentless people are winning. Go and win, too, then. This should be easy
Jefferson Starship? LOL! Somewhat of an odd reference

I associate South Park with my HS years (tho I still watch it to this day). The show we'd all get together for in college was Chappelle Show. We'd seriously have 25 people packed into a little apartment living room every Wednesday night.
Bong being passed around

I saw them during the carnival tour and they were pretty good. Maybe it was bad when you saw them because they were close to breaking up.

GNR is by far the best band I have ever seen live and it wasnt even close. Their concert at Nissan was amazing. Bon Jovi at Firestone was very good too but not as good. I have seen Aerosmith twice live, both during the 80s and 90s, and both times I was not very impressed. Oddly the most fun I have ever had was going to ICP concerts as a kid and getting drenched in Faygo but that is a completely different type of experience.

Pantera/Gojira/Amon Amarth/Weezer..best live bands/shows Ive seen.

Reactions: NEO and PEPPERJAX
You were right that our standard for talent is much different. If it doesn't take talent to be a pop star in an era where people can listen to whatever they want, what does it take? Nobody is forcing Jefferson Starship down the kids' throats. They listen to whatever they want and you think talentless people are winning. Go and win, too, then. This should be easy
That comment right there shows you dont know anything about music.

What you also forget or dont know is that pop stars are created by someone else. Almost none of them write any of their music (its like a handful of White American dudes and some Swede). Almost all modern instrument based music uses the same basic chords and progressions because its simple and simple sells. Hip Hop success solely relies on being part of their own good old boys club and marketing yourself before quickly fading out and having no real staying power. If its easy to get into, easy to understand, it will be popular. The path of least resistance, etc, etc.

You were an ICP juggalo? LOL

Reactions: NEO
Just gonna chime in here as an accredited master of music.

The vast majority of popular music (basically all music minus orchestral and indigenous world music) throughout history generally displays low to moderate amounts of talent as far as sheer musicality goes. The list of legitimate virtuoso musicians in popular music is comparatively short.

Comparing sheer talent of present day versus any point in the past is absolutely no contest: musicians continue to evolve and develop new ideas and techniques that are ever-propelling the ascension of musical talent. If you put the "best" musician of any instrument in 2021 against the "best" of any other year or era, the 2021 is going to be more talented every time.

Again, everything I'm covering is only regarding sheer musical talent, which I think is notably less subjective than determining if the music or musician is "good" or not. You can measure things like speed, precision, effectiveness of techniques, album sales, etc, which are strong factors in determining talent.

This is a correct take, and musicians are getting better all the time because there are many more resources out there. Just do some searching on Youtube. As a guitar player of over 30 years I am amazed at how many great guitar players there are out there as compared to 20 years ago. I can straight up rock a 6 string, but I don't hold a candle to the most talented with the instrument. In today's world, a new Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page would be famous for the songs they write, not so much their guitar playing.

Guys like Paul Gilbert and John 5 cut albums, and are phenoms on the guitar, but they will never be mainstream. The fact is that most people don't listen to music for its musicianship. They listen to it because they like the words or because it's catchy or it has a good beat.

Reactions: Chris4Vols22

Please please please PLEASE tell me you have a juggalo hatchet man tattoo.

What you also forget or dont know is that pop stars are created by someone else. Almost none of them write any of their music (its like a handful of White American dudes and some Swede). Almost all modern instrument based music uses the same basic chords and progressions because its simple and simple sells. Hip Hop success solely relies on being part of their own good old boys club and marketing yourself before quickly fading out and having no real staying power. If its easy to get into, easy to understand, it will be popular. The path of least resistance, etc, etc.

What do you mean I don't know what I'm talking about...we built this city is one of the worst songs ever and it was a result of the business at the time.

Who doesn't know what they're talking about? You're talking about the past. Now you become a star by having something on youtube that people want to watch. LNX is a star because of Tik Tok.

*opens with statement that someone knows nothing about music*

*proceeds to crap out an incredibly wonky and blatantly incorrect take on the music industry*

Lol

Reactions: n_huffhines
Weezer was my first concert without my parents as a 13 YO moshing and crowd surfing at the Knoxville Amphitheater, and I've never stopped loving them:

I'm pretty sure you and a few others are about to get a tirade from Dink about your lack of taste.

Reactions: DinkinFlicka
Weezer was my first concert without my parents as a 13 YO moshing and crowd surfing at the Knoxville Amphitheater, and I've never stopped loving them:

We can't help what bands are thrust upon us and subsequently imprinted on us at a young age.

I'm pretty sure you and a few others are about to get a tirade from Dink about your lack of taste.

You just kinda gotta chuckle at music snobs and move on with your life. I would bet $ that Dink likes some musical acts that are just as popcorn as Weezer.

Pantera/Gojira/Amon Amarth/Weezer..best live bands/shows Ive seen.

I would have liked to have seen Weezer and Pantera especially Pantera.

Some Heavy Notables seen live:

Cryptopsy
Obituary
Slayer X 6
Cannibal Corpse X 5
Metallica
Megadeth
Origin
Cattle decapitation
Deicide
Nile
Opeth
In flames (before they sucked)
Gorguts
Burnt by the sun
The murder Junkies minus the deceased GG Allin

Some Lighter bands/artists seen live:

REM
Wesley Willis
Boyz 2 Men (Go ahead and laugh)
Sawyer Brown
NOFX
Bad Religion
Sonic Youth
Vandals
Lee Greenwood (I was drunk)
Charlie Daniels (Hammered once again)
Triple six Mafia (ganja smoke extravaganza)

This VID seems appropriate for the topic being discussed. Enjoy!

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back