CBJ and the Student Section

Orange Nation banned. And that's a good thing.

medium_Tennessee_Volunteers_Girls_Pics.jpg

stfu lizard

CBJ wants more involvement from the student body at the games and is wanting to give them a name. I thought it would be fun to see what ideas we could come up with.

I believe the basketball student section goes by the "Rocky Top Rowdies." I think that's a good place to start.

heard one this morning: The BUTCHer Shop

Reactions: 3 people
call it "Brick Squad" and everytime there is an opposing third down or we need to get loud, have them play waka flocka on the jumbotron screaming BRIIIIIIICK SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. that would be hilariously awesome.

Students not showing isn't the problem (at least at Austin Peay game) There were 10,000+ students..aka pretty much sold out...

Thanks for sharing. I knew there were 10k students...is that the full allotment? I thought it was a decent amount more. Flame away if I'm wrong, but the upper deck is still student section in that corner, correct? The bottom was jam packed, upper deck was not. Maybe that's b/c those with upper deck seats went down and stood in the lower level, which is great and understandable.

Not throwing stones here, I could be wrong. I just thought the students got a lot more than 10k seats if they wanted. If not, they should.

Thanks for sharing. I knew there were 10k students...is that the full allotment? I thought it was a decent amount more. Flame away if I'm wrong, but the upper deck is still student section in that corner, correct? The bottom was jam packed, upper deck was not. Maybe that's b/c those with upper deck seats went down and stood in the lower level, which is great and understandable.

Not throwing stones here, I could be wrong. I just thought the students got a lot more than 10k seats if they wanted. If not, they should.

I'm pretty sure students are allotted 12k seats.

I know this has been discussed, I'm sure some would say too much. So, students currently have to pay for tickets and don't like this, correct? Is there any way we could continue to charge for student tickets, but offer some type of reimbursement or future ticket if and only if the student section sells and is actually full on game day? This way students would potentially encourage each other to buy tix and go to game. Not sure how that would work logistically but I'm sure something could be figured out.

In before all the responses about why this shouldn't be needed. I personally don't think paying $10 or whatever it is should be a huge deal. I also don't think price is the only problem, I just think that's the easy/quick answer.

But, this might be a compromise: Ok, if it's a big deal that we're charging, fill up the student section and we'll reward you.

No reason whatsoever to charge students for tickets. Used to get tickets free .... was included in $50 student activity fee. The $ made off students is negligible especially given that virtually none are going to the games.

Reactions: 1 person
since they are not showing up to the game

smokey grey ghost town
bleacher nation
lower deck necks
a few good vols

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back