CBJ calls out the OL

ITSGR82BATNVOL

VOLS comin for ya...LET'S GO!
CBJ called out the OL in his presser today. Said they had a 4th and 1 in practice and failed to get it, said that is inexcusable. Also said something to the media about them giving the OL a pass in interviews, saying they need to show they are as good as advertised, something they have yet to do. I really applaud the guy, he shows no favoritism.

Reactions: 23 people
Butch slapped the OL. They need to step it up if we want to get to a bowl game this year.

CBJ called out the OL in his presser today. Said they had a 4th and 1 in practice and failed to get it, said that is inexcusable. Also said something to the media about them giving the OL a pass in interviews, saying they need to show they are as good as advertised, something they have yet to do. I really applaud the guy, he shows no favoritism.

I love this. Our OL has the physical ability to dominate anyone including the Bama's and Florida's of the world, question is do they have the mental ability and toughness? I know one that does, that's Dylan Wiseman. He's tougher right now than most of our Sr's, Jr's and Soph's. Guy is gonna be a great player for us.

Reactions: 3 people
I am suspect of the praise of this OL in general. I agree they are very good pass blockers, but they have not shown an ability to open big running lanes in the past. I hope they step up to the challenge and I believe they will.

Reactions: 11 people
LOL. If they had made it then he'd be calling the DL out. Hopefully this means the DL is pretty stout.

Reactions: 10 people
he is going to hurt their feelings and throwing his team and players under the bus is just not cool.
Plus I heard some of the other coaches cuss.

Reactions: 20 people
I am suspect of the praise of this OL in general. I agree they are very good pass blockers, but they have not shown an ability to open big running lanes in the past. I hope they step up to the challenge and I believe they will.

My concern is that they had the same challenge last year, and, well ....

... but Butch GETS IT, wooo!

I love this. Butch is motivating our most talented unit cause he understands that our season rests on their shoulders. They have the ability to mask alot of our weaknesses and push us from being a 6-6 team toward a possible 8-4 team.

Reactions: 2 people
Fans are funny. If the season doesn't go well, there will some complaining that he is negative and demeaning to the players as he throws them under the bus. If the season goes well, he's doing what a coach should do.

Reactions: 11 people
I love this. Butch is motivating our most talented unit cause he understands that our season rests on their shoulders. They have the ability to mask alot of our weaknesses and push us from being a 6-6 team toward a possible 8-4 team.

If TN goes 8-4 this year.. He should be awarded a lifetime contract.

Reactions: 6 people
I love this. Our OL has the physical ability to dominate anyone including the Bama's and Florida's of the world, question is do they have the mental ability and toughness? I know one that does, that's Dylan Wiseman. He's tougher right now than most of our Sr's, Jr's and Soph's. Guy is gonna be a great player for us.

I don't think our OL has any toughness issues. They have too many SEC starts under their belts against guys now playing on Sunday to have their toughness questioned.

Reactions: 2 people
I love the fact that he demands 110% from each player no mattter who they are. There will be no free passes given to any star players!

Reactions: 1 person
This O-Line will be good. Neal was on track to break 1000 yards last year before getting hurt and that was behind this O-line. I just believe if Neal plays as well as he has in camp he will run for 1200 yards. Then we will all be talking about how great this line is.

everybody has been telling the OL how good they are when they havent won anything. we all know they are awesome but hes just motivating and bringing the best out of them.. i like it. challenge those guys. they are the most mature unit we have. they can take it

Last edited:

VN Store

Back