CBS predictions

Barnhart may reliable and respectable but still a d--che. Tired of seeing him year after year being such an obvious GA homer. I'm not putting us in the SEC championship game, but I think we are consistently being disrespected by the media.

Just watched the SEC Championship on ESPN and Georgia was just as good as Alabama. They did lose a lot on defense but to say they are garbage and choke artists is just uneducated and quite frankly foolish. I hate Georgia and Richt just as much as anyone but they are definitely my pick to win the east. As far as Vandy finishing ahead of us, what have we shown in the last 3 years for anyone to predict any different. They blew us out last year. And we lost our 3 best players and the returning defense was the worst in UT history. I'm not saying I don't think we are going to turn it around, because I do, and I believe Butch is the best thing to happen to UT since the turn of the century, but the fact remains that we have not played a down yet. The spring game looked terrible. We have no proven playmakers on offense, so the fact that one person actually predicts us to finish 4th in our division should make you excited and proud that obviously the media believes in Butch as much as we all do. All that said I do believe we will win 8 games this year and surprise a few people with some upsets. Thank you and GBO!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I was so divided this game, because I hate Bama more then UGA. At the same time if UGA won they would have tied us for second most SEC champs. UGA seems like they should be good, but Richt has those years out of no where sometimes, that they are not so good.. They have had the Gators number the last few years, so I will stick with UGA in the east.

I just glanced through that list. As with MOST things sports related, it is apparent that the consensus is to take what happened last year and say that it will happen this year. A monkey could do that.

Just a question: how many of those guys predicted aTm would do what they did last year? or that Vandy would have the upswing they have? or that Arkansas and Auburn last year would be so horrible? If I had to guess, I would say none.

This

I could care less what these "experts" say. I keep hearing about what we don't have. I know the players are tired of it and I'm just ready to see if they do something about it.

I just glanced through that list. As with MOST things sports related, it is apparent that the consensus is to take what happened last year and say that it will happen this year. A monkey could do that.

Just a question: how many of those guys predicted aTm would do what they did last year? or that Vandy would have the upswing they have? or that Arkansas and Auburn last year would be so horrible? If I had to guess, I would say none.

Truth here. I saw the same thing - look only at last year and ignore everything else and that's CBS's list. For example, Vandy had an uptick last year but helped by good timing (Arkansas, Auburn, and a listless UT in Nashville). What CBS won't see until the season is the bUTch coaching factor. The Vols were close in several games last year but relying on offense and no defense will get you BEAT! The team will play harder, have far fewer discipline mistakes on D, great O line, and that puts you in position to win a couple of close ones that we didn't last year.

CMR found a way to get his UGA team stomped to the ground by a undermaned Kiffin coached team in 2009. Kiffin is not a good coach and that TN team in 2009 had Crompton as QB and walkons on the offensive line. He finds a way to lose right when everyone starts to get back on the UGA bandwagon. I predict this season will be a "disappointment" for Dawg fans. Less than 10 wins.

You do realize what you are saying, correct??? That the DC for that game was absolutely incompetent??? Their DC gave Crompton a shot at the NFL because he didn't know how to stop a simple bootleg.

So, do you really want to mention the 2009 game to make them look bad? Makes us look worse for hiring them... the only hires so far that I wonder about...

Barnhart may reliable and respectable but still a d--che. Tired of seeing him year after year being such an obvious GA homer. I'm not putting us in the SEC championship game, but I think we are consistently being disrespected by the media.

I thought Tony picked USC because of their schedule?

I doubt very seriously that USCe wins the East... and the Vandy and Mizzou love is getting to ridiculous levels. If Mizzou finishes higher than 6th then recruiting rankings mean absolutely, positively nothing. They do not have the first line talent much less the depth of talent to win in the SEC at this point.

Tennessee was a play away from beating Georgia..we can play it all day..

not really. i don't have to play what if. the point was that the season was so successful that they were very close to the ultimate prize.

not changing a thing, georgia went 12-2 and ended up ranked in the top 5.

Vandy has two tough teams from the West this year, so we should finish ahead of them and we get HomeButchHome Revenge. So that leaves us one upset away from 2-3 in SEC East.

Georgia finally has somewhat tougher schedule with LSU, but early game against USCe will be challenge as they are young on D.

USCe finally has good matchups against worst teams in SEC West. But I think their D is too dependent on Clowney...He better not get hurt. They have all new LBs.

FL has only LSU in West but that will be a loss at Death Valley. I think they are better than GA early but have ?? on Offense. Their D is still talented despite losses.

I think 1 through 5 are closer than people think. Everyone has a weakness.

Mizzou and UK are at least 1-2 years out but UK is recruiting well this year.

Last edited:
In the West, I'll take LSU for at least 2nd and aTm a fighting for 3-4 with Ole Miss due to johnny football circus...he is starting to remind me of bieber twerp.

Bama should win it but LSU could surprise.

MSU and Auburn battle for 5-6. I'll take Auburn with Gus as they have supposedly recruited well and the talent should be there to be coached up.

Tough year for Hogs but next year they will improve a lot.

Richt's record and winning % over the last 13 yrs in the toughest conference in America speaks for itself.

He's a good recruiter in a recruit hotbed and he has class. But he is snakebitten. Wasn't he at FSU when we took it all...always a bridesmaid.

He's a good recruiter in a recruit hotbed and he has class. But he is snakebitten. Wasn't he at FSU when we took it all...always a bridesmaid.

His record proves he is not snake bitten....he just can't get past the LSU's and Bama's. IMO! He does have class and parents love his spiritual side. He IS a pretty descent man. Have to give him credit.

Vandy is not a contender. They aren't close. The stars aligned for them last year. UT was historically bad because of historically bad coaching. Other than that, they beat a lame schedule and had a banner year.

IF... huge IF... they can get back to a bowl, watch for Franklin to bolt. Honestly, he'd be stupid to stay. His market value is the best it is going to be and he will NOT win championships or make big money at Vandy.

I really don't think UT is that close either but they are closer talent wise than Vandy.

Vandy is not a contender. They aren't close. The stars aligned for them last year. UT was historically bad because of historically bad coaching. Other than that, they beat a lame schedule and had a banner year.

IF... huge IF... they can get back to a bowl, watch for Franklin to bolt. Honestly, he'd be stupid to stay. His market value is the best it is going to be and he will NOT win championships or make big money at Vandy.

I really don't think UT is that close either but they are closer talent wise than Vandy.

I agree. They beat a historically bad UT and AU. Other than that I'm not sure anyone they beat had a winning record. I'm not sure. But they get alot of love. They drew a tough schedule out of the West this year.

next time you "underachieve" to the tune of 12 wins and a play away from a national title shot, let me know.

That is why they play 60 minutes every game and "Almost" or " one play" doesn't count in sports. The final score is the final score.

Try living within earshot of Nashville sports talk radio. One win against the worst UT team in recent memory and they have crowned themselves as THE team in Tennessee now. I can't wait to see our boys shut these pansies up.

+1

I live in Spring Hill.

Vandy has two tough teams from the West this year, so we should finish ahead of them and we get HomeButchHome Revenge. So that leaves us one upset away from 2-3 in SEC East.

Georgia finally has somewhat tougher schedule with LSU, but early game against USCe will be challenge as they are young on D.

USCe finally has good matchups against worst teams in SEC West. But I think their D is too dependent on Clowney...He better not get hurt. They have all new LBs.

FL has only LSU in West but that will be a loss at Death Valley. I think they are better than GA early but have ?? on Offense. Their D is still talented despite losses.

Georgia won't make it past Clemson.

You do realize he has two national championship rings? He's only averaged 10 wins in the toughest conference in the toughest era of this conference. No one can touch 7 in a row, it's unreal. He's only coached TWO Heismans. Avg 10 wins a year and we have one 10 win season since 2004. I wish we could 'underachieve'.

It's easy to hate UGA but I find it hard to hate Richt. Sold his lake house, gave the money to charity for tornado relief. Adopted two kids from Ukraine. Was supposed to get one but brought another as well bc her face was
deformed and no one would pick or love her. He's definitely a 'winner'.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back