CFP Scenarios (merged)

If we win out there’s a slight chance we could sneak into the #4 slot… We need UGA to win the SEC and stay at #1. Also it would help a lot if Clemson and TCU have a loss. This game felt like a blowout but we only lost by 2 scores, so it shouldn’t drop us THAT far down.

I will take being ranked 5th, but would be ecstatic if we are ranked 4th in next week's rankings.

Reactions: counterdevotee
Win out. Need TCU and Clemson to lose. And Georgia beat Bama. That happens (which very well could) and we win out and I think we are the 4 seed

We do not need Clemson and TCU to lose........ It would help, but not required.

Reactions: MEDVOL
Idk, if i had my preferred outcome, I'd take Bama winning tonight and then losing to Ole Miss next week for UGA vs Ole Miss in Atlanta which should be a very likely UGA victory.

We didn’t play Ole MS. We need our schedule to look as elite as possible to make us the most likely 1 loss team to get in.

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
We didn’t play Ole MS. We need our schedule to look as elite as possible to make us the most likely 1 loss team to get in.

No we don't. The only thing we really NEED is for UGA to go 13-0 with SEC Title.

No we don't. The only thing we really NEED is for UGA to go 13-0 with SEC Title.

Yeah, we do. We need Bama to look like Bama against everyone. And then for Georgia to win out. Even then, it may not be enough

I think we could use an LSU win tonight. It may make the Bama win seem less but remember we beat LSU in Baton Rouge.

Kirby Smart isn’t a good coach.

• Tennessee before Heupel: 3-7 coming off NCAA Sanctions

• Georgia before Kirby: 9-3, won 5 games out of their last six before Mark Richt resigned.

Kirby had an easier start compared to Heupel.

It's not like all our other wins are instantly disqualified now. We still have those. They're still higher quality than any other team we'd be fighting position for. They didn't place any undefeated teams ahead of us last week, and shouldn't place any 1 loss teams ahead of us this week. Best guess is we drop to 5th. Uga, Osu, Clemson, and Mich being top 4. We still are in a good spot.

I'm sorry but the panic setting in by some is clouding brains.

It has nothing to do with panic. If Bama isn’t in the sec championship, our schedule doesn’t look as great. Which means a 1 loss Michigan, OH St, Clemson, or TCU could be in over us

Yeah, we do. We need Bama to look like Bama against everyone. And then for Georgia to win out. Even then, it may not be enough

Don't we need LSU to win tonight to knock Bama out so they wont have chance to beat GA in the SEC championship game?

An absolute miracle. We won't remain in the top 7 after this loss. I bet we fall outside the top 10. We got dominated in every way you can imagine.
We’re not dropping out of the top 10. That would mean we end up behind at least one team with two losses and Oregon who somehow got destroyed by UGA even worse than we did. We’ll drop behind all the undefeateds (with the POSSIBLE exception of TCU) and maybe Alabama if they really dominate LSU tonight. We’ll almost certainly be either 6th or 7th.

It has nothing to do with panic. If Bama isn’t in the sec championship, our schedule doesn’t look as great. Which means a 1 loss Michigan, OH St, Clemson, or TCU could be in over us

Lol. If Bama is 10-2, our win is still very much a good look. If LSU is 10-2 or 9-3 our win still looks very good.

And quit crying about TCU and Clemson needing a loss. Clemson is going 13-0* TCU is irrelevant

Last edited:
The best one loss team will be the Pac-12 champion. The 2nd best one loss team will be the Ohio St./Michigan loser.

Guys, hate to break it to you but quit crying about TCU.... They could very well go 13-0 and they aren't getting into the playoff #4 spot if they continue to win in the ugly manner they are.

Oregon wins out and is in, same with TCU/Clemson

Bama needs to win out and lose to uga, then some more help....posts with bama losing only hurt us till the SEC champ game

VN Store

Back