Chase Burns Appreciation Thread

I appreciate his efforts to get us where we have the past couple years. But if he ends up at LSU (which I fully anticipate), I hope those guys lose every game.
They just bought a CWS. Some may disagree with me about this but they have a commitment to winning . Money is no object. Tommy White and Skenes both visited and talked to us . We were the favorites to land both of them. They both visit LSU and walk away with offers they just can’t say no too. Until we have a NIL with a commitment to getting the absolute best players available we will not win anything. We are going to be competitive in all the major sports but that’s about it.

Last edited:
They just bought a CWS. Some may disagree with me about this but they have enough of a commitment to winning . Money is no object. Tommy White and Skenes both visited and talked to us . We were the favorites to land both of them. They both visit LSU and walk away with offers they just can’t say no too. Until we have a NIL with a commitment to getting the absolute best players available we will not win anything. We are going to be competitive in all the major sports but that’s about it.
I don’t disagree. But no one else is playing on LSUs level when it comes to baseball and NIL. I don’t expect that to change either.

Reactions: Titan05
They just bought a CWS. Some may disagree with me about this but they have enough of a commitment to winning . Money is no object. Tommy White and Skenes both visited and talked to us . We were the favorites to land both of them. They both visit LSU and walk away with offers they just can’t say no too. Until we have a NIL with a commitment to getting the absolute best players available we will not win anything. We are going to be competitive in all the major sports but that’s about it.
And, truth be told, LSUs baseball history is more broad than ours. We’ve not won like they have in the past either, so if they have more dedication to that program historically than we do, then I can only hope we keep steering in that direction. We really need to keep guys like this on the team. I’m super disappointed in his choice. I’ll not wish him luck anywhere he goes.

There is no loyalty in college sports anymore! We all knew once the NIL gates opened and the transfer portal allowed for unlimited unmitigated transfers, the players would be recruited from your team by the highest bidders. The days of players committing and being VFLs is over. Chase Burns was being recruited behind the scenes from multiple teams and his handler will find him the best deal, which could very well be LSU!

He doesn’t need a handler to be a cry baby bitch
What do you get out of belittling players? If a kid makes you this upset that’s not related to you, and chances are you don’t know him personally, then you need to reevaluate yourself. Yes it stings that he not longer with the team. But I will not call him names and rather he stays or not it will not affect my life either way outside the game or baseball. Jsut say good luck and move on. Let’s support the players that did stay and stop worrying about the players that didn’t.

There is no loyalty in college sports anymore! We all knew once the NIL gates opened and the transfer portal allowed for unlimited unmitigated transfers, the players would be recruited from your team by the highest bidders. The days of players committing and being VFLs is over. Chase Burns was being recruited behind the scenes from multiple teams and his handler will find him the best deal, which could very well be LSU!
You can still only transfer once without sitting out a year via portal.

He doesn’t need a handler to be a cry baby bitch
Chase represented UT well on and off the field. I appreciate his contributions, and in my limited interactions with him, he couldn’t have been more respectful and polite. Although I’m disappointed by his decision, I’m not privy to all the factors that went into it so I try not to judge. I will support the loyal players that are on the roster and move on.

I see all this negative hate towards Burns today and I start to wonder. Why didn’t I hear this much hate when Fanning, Stanwich, Fitzgibbons, Bimbi, Swistak, and Scott all announced they was entering the portal?
I don't have any hate towards Burns but I suspect the reasoning is Burns is leaving over being mad that he was moved to the bull pen the others are leaving over a lack of playing time.

VN Store

Back