China invasion of Taiwan

Cars, Tires, Tooling, Equipment, Food Products, Electronics, Controls, Aircraft, Chemicals, Rubber products, etc.

I literally work in Procurement for a major Manufacturing company and purchase products in the United States.

Just in Tennessee alone, off the top my head, we have one of the largest manufacturing sites in the globe (Nissan Car Plant in Smyrna Tennessee), a BMW Plant in Chattanooga, GM in Spring Hill, Electrolux in Clarkesville, 5 Bridgestone Plants (Metalpha in Clarksville, LaVergne Tire Plant, Warren County Tire Plant, Dickson Car Plant, Firestone Industrial Products in Dyersburg), Schneider Electric in Murfreesboro, Aerostructures in Nashville, Weston Foods in Lebanon, Tyson Food, Lays Potato has a plant, Purity Ice Cream, Coca-Cola Bottling Plant in Tullahoma, I could keep going.

Here is a website listing many locations: https://clutch.co/logistics/manufacturing-companies/tennessee
Chemical with Eastman, Dow, Olin, etc. Paper with Resolute, Kimberly Clark, Domtar etc. and explosives...... you'd better look that one, or two, or three, or more up yourself.

Reactions: volbound1700
Chemical with Eastman, Dow, Olin, etc. Paper with Resolute, Kimberly Clark, Domtar etc. and explosives...... you'd better look that one, or two, or three, or more up yourself.
Problem is, we don't make steel anymore. We don't make electronics anymore. We assemble them but the crucial parts are all offshored. So yeah, I agree to some extent that there is still mfg here, but if you drill down into critical things that keep us going, it's all offshored. A couple of big EMP's and this country is dead in the water and quite possibly would never recover.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
No PJax it considers you its play thing. Very unusual individual. If you go back and read some of its older posts this is just an entertaining game to it.
Thinks it is entertaining when in reality it makes me cringe to think that there are actually people out walking around like him and several others here.

Problem is, we don't make steel anymore. We don't make electronics anymore. We assemble them but the crucial parts are all offshored. So yeah, I agree to some extent that there is still mfg here, but if you drill down into critical things that keep us going, it's all offshored. A couple of big EMP's and this country is dead in the water and quite possibly would never recover.
Actually we do continue to make steel, they may not be American companies (CMC Steel) and we also make electronic - they are very expensive and could endure a EMP, but the government is the only one that can afford them.

Helping the blind to see.

Noble cause but note that most internet people aren't going to read your post seriously and actually consider what you say. They are going to just read your post enough to try to find a way to attack you because they are too hard headed to ever consider another viewpoint. If they can't find a good counter, they will just disappear or not post.

Noble cause but note that most internet people aren't going to read your post seriously and actually consider what you say. They are going to just read your post enough to try to find a way to attack you because they are too hard headed to ever consider another viewpoint. If they can't find a good counter, they will just disappear or not post.
I have a plan!!!

Reminds me of the fallout shelters people built during the cold war, except this is government driven.

Reminds me of the fallout shelters people built during the cold war, except this is government driven.

With Japanese terrotory only 100 miles from Tawain, makes things very interesting in some counter offensive or attack..I never realized how close Okinawa and these island were to Taiwan until a couple of days ago..read an article and I had to check as I thought it a typo about Taiwan being 100 miles from the mainland.

With Japanese terrotory only 100 miles from Tawain, makes things very interesting in some counter offensive or attack..I never realized how close Okinawa and these island were to Taiwan until a couple of days ago..read an article and I had to check as I thought it a typo about Taiwan being 100 miles from the mainland.
25,000 US Servicemen on Okinawa…

So, to be clear, you think that 100 miles from Japanese territory (assuming some action does happen between China and Taiwan) is close and concerning?

He takes great pride in looking stupid regularly.
Yeah, I love looking stupid. So if 100 miles is considered concerning, then what about this?

US troops are on an island just four miles from China, Taiwan reveals

1711861333425.png

The United States has positioned troops on a tiny island chain less than four miles from the Chinese coast, Taiwan has admitted.

In an apparent escalation of the American military presence in Taiwan, a Taiwanese defence minister told reporters the country was running an “exchange” with the US to “figure out how to improve” its military.

Although the US has announced it was training Taiwanese forces on the country’s main island, Formosa, the Pentagon has never acknowledged the presence of American troops on the Kinmen Islands, which lie 3.7 miles from the Chinese coastal city of Xiamen.

1711861153903.png

1711861446253.png

VN Store

Back