China invasion of Taiwan

Now you're talking about the border? You're all over the place. lmao

I'll bite since you've now conceded whatever point you tried to have.

Our border should not be open, nor should it ever have been open. Obama (Who is really calling the shots), Biden, and the administration should be held for charges of treason. We're letting in the worst people from all over the world to destroy this country and it's on purpose. Specifically with the Chinese we're allowing in, they will destroy our infrastructure - water, power, food, etc, at the command of the CCP as soon as they start their aggressions on the world stage. We will be destroyed from within and it's all on purpose from our government. You're not going to get any pushback from me on how f'd up our border is.
You need to be asking yourself why in the fk are US troops in the ME instead of our southern border.

You need to be asking yourself why in the fk are US troops in the ME instead of our southern border.
Posse Comitatus. the guys in the Middle East would never be the guys on our side of the Mexican border.

Its always fun seeing you rag on about needing to enforce our laws, but in doing so you call for us to ignore the very laws you want us to uphold.

Reactions: hog88
If Trump wins in November, do the odds of Chinese military action against Taiwan go up?
Time is on China's side. It wouldn't matter either way.

The Taiwan issue fixes itself by 2040.

The question you need to ask is will the US be more likely to take action on China by way of using Taiwan as a proxy?

Time is on China's side. It wouldn't matter either way.

The Taiwan issue fixes itself by 2040.

The question you need to ask is will the US be more likely to take action on China by way of using Taiwan as a proxy?

Given Trump's occasional comments suggesting an isolationist foreign policy when it comes to NATO, Europe, Ukraines, etc., seems like a natural thing to be concerned about China's calculation that Trump would not strongly react if they did.

Given Trump's occasional comments suggesting an isolationist foreign policy when it comes to NATO, Europe, Ukraines, etc., seems like a natural thing to be concerned about China's calculation that Trump would not strongly react if they did.
So? How is Taiwan our immediate concern?

I think what is driving it is unrest/economic issues in China. China wants to rally/unite its people against a threat and retaking Taiwan has always been a goal. Island, in many ways, is worthless to them economically. It may have some strategic value due to the naval projection. However, it's real value is symbolic.

I don't think it is going to be an easy operation for China (even if USA doesn't intervene). The island could be a quagmire for China.

Why not?

Trump has been ambivalent, at best, in the past on it. And now, to be consistent with his position on Putin and Ukraine, he has to at some level say none of our bee's wax.

China is on it's own timeframe regardless of who our POTUS is. Now could that timeframe adjust a little due to who's sitting in the oval office, sure but China isn't going to rush their plans on Tiawan because they think Trump will not act. He's way to unpredictable for that.

Plus China is using Iran and Russia to blead us dry before they kick off anything.

Reactions: davethevol
Why not?

Trump has been ambivalent, at best, in the past on it. And now, to be consistent with his position on Putin and Ukraine, he has to at some level say none of our bee's wax.
Apply this same logic to Biden being "against" Russia.

Putin first attacked when Biden was VP. Then waited until Biden was VP again to attack further.

Just because a president is against something doesnt mean our enemies will pay any attention to it.

China is on it's own timeframe regardless of who our POTUS is. Now could that timeframe adjust a little due to who's sitting in the oval office, sure but China isn't going to rush their plans on Tiawan because they think Trump will not act. He's way to unpredictable for that.

Plus China is using Iran and Russia to blead us dry before they kick off anything.

Shall I go find the hundreds of posts criticizing Biden for his approach to China, and how that affects Chinese policy?

China has no real doubt but that Biden will engage in a proxy war, if need be. Trump seems to be saying he would not do that with Putin. Won't support Ukraine. Won't support NATO to the extent Biden and even GOP presidents have.

You're dead wrong that China wouldn't pay attention to that.

Shall I go find the hundreds of posts criticizing Biden for his approach to China, and how that affects Chinese policy?

China has no real doubt but that Biden will engage in a proxy war, if need be. Trump seems to be saying he would not do that with Putin. Won't support Ukraine. Won't support NATO to the extent Biden and even GOP presidents have.

You're dead wrong that China wouldn't pay attention to that.

Go find all the posts you want, it doesn't change anything that will happen in the real world.

And speaking of the real world, for 4 years we had relative peace and then Biden takes over and now we have war in Ukraine, the middle east and China along with North Korea acting more belligerent. That is the reality you refuse to accept.

I don't think it is going to be an easy operation for China (even if USA doesn't intervene). The island could be a quagmire for China.
Well first off, all China would need to do is establish a blockade around Taiwan. They wouldn't necessarily have do an invasion. Second, the more likely scenario (outside of the US putting a battery in the backs of the Taiwan leadership) would be for China to simply play the long game. It is at this point not a question of "if", but "when". It can either happen organically over the next decade or two, or be accelerated by a more precipitous decline in the US military capabilities. The US, aware of their window of opportunity closing, are the ones in a hurry to make these moves in Iran and China.

Well first off, all China would need to do is establish a blockade around Taiwan. They wouldn't necessarily have do an invasion. Second, the more likely scenario (outside of the US putting a battery in the backs of the Taiwan leadership) would be for China to simply play the long game. It is at this point not a question of "if", but "when". It can either happen organically over the next decade or two, or be accelerated by a more precipitous decline in the US military capabilities. The US, aware of their window of opportunity closing, are the ones in a hurry to make these moves in Iran and China.

I agree with China playing the long game but my thoughts are that China has issues as well. USA, despite all its issues, may outlive China at this rate.

Again, I think this is just an attempt to unite the Chinese people as China's economy (and really the global economy in general) isn't doing very hot.

Reactions: Sgt_Nick_Fury

The PRC will fall from internal strife before Tiawan does and that is why at some point they have to take it by force.

Reactions: LouderVol
I agree with China playing the long game but my thoughts are that China has issues as well. USA, despite all its issues, may outlive China at this rate.
The US has no manufacturing or industrial base, an uneducated workforce, pizz pour cultural dynamics, $33 trillion of debt and a military that is rapidly being exposed as a paper tiger.

Again, I think this is just an attempt to unite the Chinese people as China's economy (and really the global economy in general) isn't doing very hot.
Meh, I don't know about all that. I'm sure there may be a certain level of rallying the people, but not to the degree that you want to make it. I don't think the Chinese are as stupid and as reckless as our neocons here to start a conflict in an effort to gain consent from the hoi polloi.

World War 3 fears as Xi Jinping 'purges China's military and brings in generals willing to go to war in move that could lead to Taiwan invasion and drag US into global conflict'​

Drag??? How are we forced to act on anything related to Taiwan and China? Is it existential to the US? Is our very existence as a country resting on Taiwan's shoulders?

VN Store

Back