China Thread

Since manned NGAD is looking less likely, disappointing, Some banter about the B21 being an arsenal plane..carry the new AIM-260 or AIM-174. Double the number of B-21 and you have a super long range with long loiter, and VLO force without need for 250M fighters and new tankers.

Sounds like an innovative approach.

@85SugarVol

The B-21 is the last and most sophisticated platform to have the human option in cockpit or to be missile-based. NGAD definitely won't be manned, probably not missile-based (directed energy instead), and it will be certainly be a network of assets vs one singular platform.

Due to the nature of a potential battle in the Pacific, the B-21 could easily take on the role of an air superiority platform. At the very least, it can be the stealthy version of 4th-generation fighters who are merely missile carriers for the tip of the spear (F-22/35).

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Did you notice the part where they 'never entered US airspace'?
They did not enter US airspace. Apparently not all of the Interceptor pilots were in DEI training that day.

The Russians enter the identification zone often - but this was the first time the Chinese have. Which I believe was the point of the tweet. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: InVOLuntary
They did not enter US airspace. Apparently not all of the Interceptor pilots were in DEI training that day.

The Russians enter the identification zone often - but this was the first time the Chinese have. Which I believe was the point of the tweet. 🤷‍♀️
That's what I said, except for the snark about DEI. I responded to someone saying "Fir the first time Chinese aircraft entered the Alaskan airspace." Alaskan airspace is US airspace unless we sold it back to the Czar.

That's what I said, except for the snark about DEI. I responded to someone saying "Fir the first time Chinese aircraft entered the Alaskan airspace." Alaskan airspace is US airspace unless we sold it back to the Czar.
Ah, I see what you’re responding to now. Yes, that’s an incorrect statement. They did not enter Alaskan airspace.

I was referencing the first tweet and the identification zone.

Reactions: EasternVol

Feds Are Still Sending ‘mad scientist’ Millions To China — And Keeping It From Congress​

Washington should have learned an important lesson after COVID-19: Stop sending our tax dollars to China for risky, secretive research.

Yet, the feds keep funneling untold millions to China and other adversarial countries, hiding the details about the suspicious projects being funded, and admitting they cannot offer a full accounting of the cash.

For example, according to a recent report from the Department of Defense Inspector General, the Pentagon potentially paid up to $6.5 million to a Chinese biotech company for perilous research on deadly diseases.

And all we know about the project is that it involves lethal pathogens, including Ebola and COVID-19.

PRC keeps giving PI love taps

Why not just call China and say go for it? Taiwan sorry we have an election going on.

VN Store

Back