Choose your '13-'14 QB

Who do you want to start?

• Total voters
I know its the offseason but if a true freshman is running this off at any point for more than a play or two we r n trouble... get over the high school crush n remember this is the sec n need someone that can manage the game not just call a play..

Dobbs starting equals a losing season. I for one want to win I could care less if the qb runs or not.

Worley is my pick until he proves me wrong..

Worley starts IMO. He has played QB in SEC games. When all the offensive weapons get healthy and or to campus, I think things will look a lot better.

We will have fall camp and two games to figure out who's gonna take Tennessee the rest of the way. After what I saw at the O/W game, I think it's wiiiiiiiiiide open. I like Ferguson. Offers from Bama, LSU and Clemson. Somebody has to step up though cause...."ain't nobody got time for that!"

We will have fall camp and two games to figure out who's gonna take Tennessee the rest of the way. After what I saw at the O/W game, I think it's wiiiiiiiiiide open. I like Ferguson. Offers from Bama, LSU and Clemson. Somebody has to step up though cause...."ain't nobody got time for that!"
Maybe, but everybody who is anybody on VN knows that Alabama hasn't had a good qb since Kenny Stabler, LSU since Bert Jones, and Clemson has one of our hand me downs now.

I know its the offseason but if a true freshman is running this off at any point for more than a play or two we r n trouble... get over the high school crush n remember this is the sec n need someone that can manage the game not just call a play..

Dobbs starting equals a losing season. I for one want to win I could care less if the qb runs or not.

Unless one of the freshmen looks that much better than Worley and Peterman or the offense struggles real bad. I think they both redshirt.

Last edited:
Maybe, but everybody who is anybody on VN knows that Alabama hasn't had a good qb since Kenny Stabler, LSU since Bert Jones, and Clemson has one of our hand me downs now.

Doesn't mean they don't offer the best...they just turn them into system quarterbacks. Also, while I suppose you're technically right about Clemson, he's one of the best quarterbacks in college football right now so I wouldn't really mention that.

No point in choosing. All we have to base our opinion on is a Spring game and highlight film from our two freshmen QB's. With that being said, I'm very interested to see what Dobbs and Ferguson will bring to the table. I expect both to push Worley and Peterman, and just might even win the job. I think our QB battle will go on throughout the season. Worley might start for the first few games, but I don't think it lasts. Dobbs and Ferguson will get their chance, but they need to bulk up if they want to last in the SEC. Especially Dobbs with his running ability. He's going to take some hits. I'm excited to see how it plays out, and it should be fun to keep up with going into the fall!

Texas A&M disagrees.

Reactions: 1 person
It's gonna be Worley or Peterman.

True freshman don't start in the SEC.

If this is how it plays out, then I hope we go with Peterman. I just feel like he has more upside and potential. I haven't been very impressed with Worley. It's not just the spring game, he just hasn't really stood in any of the games he's played in. Peterman looked shaky, but that was his first college football game. Nerves are gonna play a little bit of a factor in that. I think he'll improve moving forward and see the field this season. But Dobbs and Ferguson will be right there waiting.

It's gonna be Worley or Peterman.

True freshman don't start in the SEC.

If Andrew Luck and RGIII can start as a rookie in the NFL and do as good as they did, why can't a true freshman start in the SEC and contribute?This is a question, not trying to be a smart*** :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If Andrew Luck and RGIII can start as a rookie in the NFL and do as good as they did, why can't a true freshman start in the SEC and contribute?This is a question, not trying to be a smart*** :)

The transition from high school to college is completely different from the the college - NFL transition.

High schoolers aren't used to the big playbooks, they're usually not big enough, and the competition is much, much better, among other aspects.

You also picked two of the most talented QB's in recent memory; not exactly the best comparison to make.

Good point. I mean Manning, Clausen, Ainge. None of those guys started as true freshmen.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
I don't get all the hype with Dobbs on this board...yeah he's good and I also would love if he lives up to everyone's expectations but I look at RF's offer list and wonder why people seem to be underestimating him.

Worley gets the start. Idk if he has what it takes to finish the season though. I wouldn't be surprised if he's replaced before the FLA game. Just my opinion though

I don't get all the hype with Dobbs on this board...yeah he's good and I also would love if he lives up to everyone's expectations but I look at RF's offer list and wonder why people seem to be underestimating him.

Man I was ecstatic when I found out Riley was a Vol. Kid has serious talent. Same with Paul Harris, I bet he has a swain or bret Smith type career at Tennessee. The man's work ethic is slim to none.

I hope RF is good enough to take the reigns and go with it. I'll trust CBJ to decide if he's ready or not. He won't ask my opine anyway, so I'm hoping RF can get it done.

Geeze, I can't believe how people want the next QB up to start. I can't wait till 2015 when we will have two heisman award winners on the roster and we bench one of them for a freshman.

VN Store

Back