Chris Brazzell transfers to the vols

Was injured. Came back and was playing back into condition. Caught TD and lost for rest of season. How 'bout being happy with what we have instead of trying to go back and find debbie downer...
I'm just being honest. I was at every game watching him drop balls

Reactions: bpalmer28
No way ! Squirrel is our best wr . He'll start in the slot
Yeah, Bru and Squirrel aren’t taking a seat for anyone. I could see Thornton losing his reps to Brazzell. Think we need to pump the brakes on Staley. He’s a good talent but most likely will be groomed to compete for the slot position after Squirrel leaves. Seems kinda silly to assume he passes Nimrod, Webb, and Leacock in his first year.

I think 2024 will be primarily Bru, Squirrel, and Brazzell with Nimrod, Thornton, and Matthews coming off the bench first but I could see Leacock carving out a role for himself as Bru’s replacement if he masters the art of blocking. He has a thick build.

Former Tulane star wide receiver Chris Brazzell transferring to Tennessee

The above link also answers some general portal questions, like when the portal opens and closes. General questions about the portal I found interesting.

I know it's not quite what you're asking for because I don't quite or exactly the type of info you want. Hopefully, others can fill any void I've left.
I appreciate it. My original should have been blue font. Was referring to the post earlier this week.

Reactions: Drewbydoo
Big time trolling here, but we were gonna be better than this year regardless. This kid just helps the cause.
Nah im not trolling. Just look at UDUB this year. I think Nico has more ability in his pinky than Penix does. He’s got the weapons and the o line. I think Heup is building the team that could take out a UGA or bama.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Well he’s already taken out Bama. Just didn’t have the QB behind center this year.
Well I should say UGA and Bama. We will meet the expectations of 2022. They’ve got the most loaded receiver group in the country, best quarterback prospect, and the oline that’s loaded. Not to mention Sampson and whatever the rest of the RB room looks like. Holy smokes the hype is here,

I'm just being honest. I was at every game watching him drop balls
Ok those factors don't matter. They always talk about getting the rust off. Your right he should have been 100% all catches. Unfairly set up by the press with expectations of what we're getting. Then doggone he got injured. We should still expect no difference. my...my...my

Ok those factors don't matter. They always talk about getting the rust off. Your right he should have been 100% all catches. Unfairly set up by the press with expectations of what we're getting. Then doggone he got injured. We should still expect no difference. my...my...my
Hey man I don't know who passed you off but it wasn't me. I'm just giving an honest observation

Hell YEAH!

As much as Milton faltered at times, often when he did put it together well, the receivers either dropped it or did not fight for it. Glad that we have some new blood for Nico to throw to.

AGREED! Joe had some bad misses, but the receivers dropped some sure TD's and FD's. Keaton didn't help Joe out when He needed him most. I'd say WR's cost UT at least one game, possibly 2. It is frustrating when you do your job, and the other guys don't.

Hey man I don't know who passed you off but it wasn't me. I'm just giving an honest observation
I get" passed" by all the time. Observations are what they are and we all make them. Sometimes we move from observation to Nostradamus and tell folks what they saw was it. The rest of us ,ok not all, leave it to the coaches. Some noted not everybody can come back from injuries like everyone else and then catch a howitzer from a qb. Time of adjustment and reacclimating to real time speed in game versus practice. Just sayin' some folks had too high expectations based on hype coming into season evidently. Agree that your assessment was yours.

I get" passed" by all the time. Observations are what they are and we all make them. Sometimes we move from observation to Nostradamus and tell folks what they saw was it. The rest of us ,ok not all, leave it to the coaches. Some noted not everybody can come back from injuries like everyone else and then catch a howitzer from a qb. Time of adjustment and reacclimating to real time speed in game versus practice. Just sayin' some folks had too high expectations based on hype coming into season evidently. Agree that your assessment was yours.
What the hell?

Knew someone would ask this, but I'm a big boy. I can take the heat. Bru is a great blocker and physical receiver, but he's not a big play guy. This offense needs those types. IF he comes back, who knows if he'll be himself. Appreciate all he's done and hate that his injury happened, but we need playmakers. No comparing Bru to Stewart. And this will really piss off the masses, but Bru is gone after this year...again...IF he returns. Stewart gives us multiple seasons and he'd be the best WR in the room the minute he steps on campus. Gimme Stewart no matter what.
Not a big play guy? I guess you forgot about that catch against bama last year. You know the one that put us in position to win.

Not a big play guy? I guess you forgot about that catch against bama last year. You know the one that put us in position to win.
Or the 50 yard td against Florida. I think Bru may be our best all around WR he’s not the deep threat that hyatt and squirrel where/ are but you dont built an offense where every guys role is a burner you want variety. I can think of Clemson having too many big slow WR’s at one point and some teams having too many small guys. It’s nice to have a mix.

Reactions: Swiftybaby
I could see this guy coming in off the bench next year while he learns the system. Everyone was super excited about Thornton last year, and it took a while and him moving outside to see if finally start to click right before getting injured. I could see same scenario here. Super pumped about this addition.

Reactions: volstudent26
What the hell?
Thanks! More confusion. Agree to end posts that chooses to ignore points versus preferences. You have yours and others have theirs. They don't match as each has/had their expectations for said player based on hype preseason. Didn't come to meet expectations so some to choose to slight the player and demean them.

VN Store

Back