Chris Wallace QUITS

My guess is he had to go somewhere. His contract was up this year. Looks like Fox didn’t value him further as much as himself or CNN+ did.
He really isn't a fit anywhere, honestly. The reason the media is the way it is today is because that's what people want...people want to consume info that confirms their priors.

He’s the closest thing to Tim Russert left in the US media. Everyone else is a partisan stooge.
There is nobody even remotely close to Tim Russert, and there likely will never be another like him given today's political climate. I used to love watching interviews by Tim Russert. He asked blistering, probing questions to everybody, no matter what their political stances were.

Reactions: hog88
Fox News is starting to run low on actual journalists. They have had some high profile departures in the last 5 years. I guess all that remains now are Bret Baier, John Roberts, Jennifer Griffin, Lara Logan and ???? I can't bring myself to include Doocy's kid.

Even right-leaning journalists like Catherine Herridge, Gregg Jarrett and Jenna Lee have left. Their on air talent is mostly comprised of pundits now, who are short on journalistic credentials. It's not really a news reporting-based network anymore. It's mostly partisan political opinion.
Journalism died with Tim Russert.

Fox News is starting to run low on actual journalists. They have had some high profile departures in the last 5 years. I guess all that remains now are Bret Baier, John Roberts, Jennifer Griffin, Lara Logan and ???? I can't bring myself to include Doocy's kid.

Even right-leaning journalists like Catherine Herridge, Gregg Jarrett and Jenna Lee have left. Their on air talent is mostly comprised of pundits now, who are short on journalistic credentials. It's not really a news reporting-based network anymore. It's mostly partisan political opinion.
It beats the fiction from CNN.

Reactions: NEO
How? They're both still divisive fiction
This is not accurate. Fox News reports facts. Then, they apply a conservative spin to those facts. It's easy to filter their opinion. CNN and MSN report pure liberal fantasy fiction - the whole Russia collusion story, for example. They show Democratic Congressmen coming out in interviews on CNN stating that they've personally viewed evidence which never existed at all.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
This is not accurate. Fox News reports facts. Then, they apply a conservative spin to those facts. It's easy to filter their opinion. CNN and MSN report pure liberal fantasy fiction - the whole Russia collusion story, for example. They show Democratic Congressmen coming out in interviews on CNN stating that they've personally viewed evidence which never existed at all.
They all report the same facts. It's the mindless partisan spin they put on it that makes their audience dumber.

Howard speculated that after Wallace was on the network for “18 years” Fox News “probably” wasn’t “coming up with the dough re mi.”

“Well they offered him probably some good money,” the host explained. “Maybe he said to himself, ‘They just had Jeffrey Toobin jerking off on a zoom meeting, and they didn’t really fire him, so that’s probably a good place to work. You can jerk off on your zoom and not get fired.’ I think he saw an opportunity.”

‘People Don’t Watch CNN’: Howard Stern Slams Network, Wonders Why Chris Wallace Would Leave Fox News

Reactions: BreatheUT
It beats the fiction from CNN.
You picked the wrong day to post this.

The January 6th House Committee has publicly disclosed text messages which reveal that Fox News hosts (Hannity, Ingraham and Kilmeade) have been very disingenuous on the subject of the Capitol incursion. On the air, they have all floated the possibility of it having been a "false flag" operation, organized by Antifa. They have also defended the January 6th rioters as being "mostly peaceful" protestors, while suggesting that the riot has been overblown by the mainstream media. Finally, they have also stated that they do not believe that Donald Trump could have done anything to stop it, once it was in progress.

However, their texts to White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows that day, tell a much different story. Those Fox News hosts each knew those were MAGA rioters, and they were well aware of the violence and vandalism which was taking place inside of the Capitol. They also clearly believed that Trump had the power to stop it, but he was choosing not to, because he was both flattered and entertained by the spectacle taking place on his behalf, inside of the United States Capitol building.

Does cable news get any more fictional than the Pro-Trump spin doctoring from Fox News? No, it doesn't.

Reactions: luthervol
Those of you who constantly bash Fox as nothing but right wing spin has never watched it particularly from 6AM to 8PM.

You bash people like Tucker or Hannity which is opinion shows not news.

Those of you who constantly bash Fox as nothing but right wing spin has never watched it particularly from 6AM to 8PM.

You bash people like Tucker or Hannity which is opinion shows not news.
That is inaccurate.

"Fox & Friends", with hosts Steve Doocy, Brian Kilmeade and Ainsley Earhardt from 6 am to 9 am, includes opinionated commentary, and it's mostly from a Republican perspective. The same is true of "Outnumbered" from noon to 1 pm, and "The Five" from 5 pm to 6 pm. Whenever a specific person is being criticized on one of those three shows, it's usually a democrat/liberal, who is in the crosshairs.

In the past, "The Five" has included one liberal panelist, usually either Bob Beckel or Juan Williams, but neither one is with the network anymore. The point/counterpoint format has mostly been fazed out by the producers and programming directors at Fox News.

Who gives AF? All mainstream news is merely "infotainment" for people without any critical thinking skills.

I’ve never understood why people root for their preferred newstainment network like their favorite sports team.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
People should take a week off from all news. You might find that the toilet earth and sh!t life you are told you have aint actually that bad.

That being said I can't say with certainty that applies if you are married and/or have kids.

Reactions: Sea Ray
I’ve never understood why people root for their preferred newstainment network like their favorite sports team.

After 30 years of being a vol fan, I am even questioning why anyone is loyal to a specific team. I have zero real NBA team I am loyal to since Jordan and his team where basically forced out so now I just pick a certain team I like and roll with it but it changes from year to year.

Dog like loyalty is kind of a waste of time if you are a human.

After 30 years of being a vol fan, I am even questioning why anyone is loyal to a specific team. I have zero real NBA team I am loyal to since Jordan and his team where basically forced out so now I just pick a certain team I like and roll with it but it changes from year to year.

Dog like loyalty is kind of a waste of time if you are a human.

I haven’t been a fan of any professional sports team in a long time. Yeah I like to see the Titans and Braves win but if they don’t IDGAS, just lost the passion for professional sports.

Reactions: NEO
Because politics is tribal, just like sports. There is an innate human desire to pick a side and be part of a team, even in more individualistic cultures like ours.

VN Store

Back