Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

It seems as if Perdomo wants to be thought of as the “AF” of Nicaragua. They produce consistent premium product at a more affordable price than the brand names with higher cache. They seldom allow deep discounts of their products by distributors. Since receiving the Lot 23 maduros, I think I’ve smoked six in a row. I blame @Gandalf for my indulgence in the dark side during warmer months. It’s contributed to my increasing post breakfast smoke in the coolness of summer mornings.
IMG_2141.jpeg

For a long time, maduros and oscuros were for Fall, Winter, and early Spring evenings, accompanied by whiskey or brandy. Warm months called for Connecticuts and naturals and something on the rocks, with the fan running on the screened porch during cocktail hour or after dinner.

@Gandalf, please name a few of your dark favorites and spare me from searching through your previous posts to this thread.

It seems as if Perdomo wants to be thought of as the “AF” of Nicaragua. They produce consistent premium product at a more affordable price than the brand names with higher cache. They seldom allow deep discounts of their products by distributors. Since receiving the Lot 23 maduros, I think I’ve smoked six in a row. I blame @Gandalf for my indulgence in the dark side during warmer months. It’s contributed to my increasing post breakfast smoke in the coolness of summer mornings.
View attachment 651266

Hu7Orc.gif

For a long time, maduros and oscuros were for Fall, Winter, and early Spring evenings, accompanied by whiskey or brandy. Warm months called for Connecticuts and naturals and something on the rocks, with the fan running on the screened porch during cocktail hour or after dinner.

@Gandalf, please name a few of your dark favorites and spare me from searching through your previous posts to this thread.

No particular order

Oliva Melanio maduro (non maduro is also fantastic)
Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua
Oliva V
EP Carillo Pledge
montecristo 1935 anniversary nicaragua
Drew Estate Undercrown Maduro
Padron 1926 maduro
Cohiba black
Cohiba Massacar
La Aroma de Cuba mi amor (natural outside but dark inside)
Camacho Triple Maduro
Oliva Master Blends 3
Liga Privada #9
Padron maduro 3000

Hu7Orc.gif

No particular order

Oliva Melanio maduro (non maduro is also fantastic)
Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua
Oliva V
EP Carillo Pledge
montecristo 1935 anniversary nicaragua
Drew Estate Undercrown Maduro
Padron 1926 maduro
Cohiba black
Cohiba Massacar
La Aroma de Cuba mi amor (natural outside but dark inside)
Camacho Triple Maduro
Oliva Master Blends 3
Liga Privada #9
Padron maduro 3000
You need to add

AF Don Carlos
MF Antillas
Perdomo 20th anniversary maduro
DE M81 blackened
Olmec maduro
Don peppin Garcia Cuban Classic

Anyway, that’s some I enjoy.

This morning’s post breakfast (toasted halves of a split bagel with Neufchâtel cheese and cold smoked salmon) cigar is another Perdomo maduro. My wife came onto the screened porch and adjusted the direction of the fan ~3 centimeters. 🤔

Thoughts? It’s not bad, by any stretch, but I don’t think I’ll order any more of them.
I liked it. Handsome fellow with dark reddish brown wrapper. Great aroma. Little tough to draw with punch cut, ended up snipping it with guillotine. Good flavor, would’ve liked more smoke. I had to touch up the burn a couple of times. It’s a creeper as far as giving me a little buzz.
They just got delivered yesterday so who knows what kind of shape it was in. I’ll let the other 4 stew in the Humi for a while before passing final judgement. Got em for ~$4 with Thompsons 5pack fever.

I liked it. Handsome fellow with dark reddish brown wrapper. Great aroma. Little tough to draw with punch cut, ended up snipping it with guillotine. Good flavor, would’ve liked more smoke. I had to touch up the burn a couple of times. It’s a creeper as far as giving me a little buzz.
They just got delivered yesterday so who knows what kind of shape it was in. I’ll let the other 4 stew in the Humi for a while before passing final judgement. Got em for ~$4 with Thompsons 5pack fever.
I had the same issue with the draw.

I had the same issue with the draw.
Me too, I had some bad luck with those and never tried them again. I have tried the Upmann by AJ and it was a nice smoke.

VN Store

Back