Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

I haven’t noticed many Lancero cigars being posted or talked about. From what I was told in our Cigar 101 class, the Lancero style is going to give you the best ratio of filler to binder, thus more flavor. Any thoughts or favorite Lanceros? I don’t think I’ve even tried one yet and I was thinking about it today while I was perusing the humidor at Casablanca and didn’t really see very many Lanceros to choose from, so I didn’t pick one up.

Lanceros have smaller ring gauge and are longer, e.g. 38 & 7&1/2.

These days, I prefer 50+ ring gauge and most often smoke robustos - 4&1/2 to 5 inches. Just my preference. 😉

If any of you haven't tried Plasencia I highly recommend it. Plasencia has turned into one of my favorites. Both the Alma De Campo and Alma De Fuerte "green" are awesome sticks and even the original is great and both the 149 and 151 are good too and little cheaper.

Also, lately I have been smoking the Trinidad Espiritu series 1 but some like the series 2 and 3 better. I highly recommend this stick too if any of you are wanting to try something different.

It’s going to be another hot & humid day. It’s already 79 degrees. This morning’s post breakfast smoke is another Pilón. Complex flavors and a medium body - dried fruit, nuts, a hint of leather, and the pepper is especially evident on the retrohale. The habano wrapper is perfect for the filler. 👍🏼👍🏼

The proprietor of my local cigar shop told me that Chinese interests have acquired the Cuban cigar makers. Cigars have become big among China’s wealthy. They’re pushing up prices, paying up for tobacco production from everywhere. Under Chinese ownership, the Cuban cigars are all blends. Volume is up, with Cuban cigars having 40% or less Cuban tobacco, and all but a trickle bound for the burgeoning Chinese market, where retail prices are as much as $80/stick.

VN Store

Back