Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Big Black and Beautiful - not how I like everything but in this case Ill make an exception. 😁

Very good, especially for a shorter smoke - 45mins

So that is Oliva's black swan. Darn that looks tasty. A little rougher than their normal wrapper. What did you think of it?
I bought a 5 pack of the Black Swans and, in my untrained experience, I thought it was smooth. When I am working on the farm, it is challenging to keep a cigar lit and they take a beating when I am on a tractor or 4-wheeler. This stayed lit and was enjoyable like the other Oliva cigars I smoke.

You need to get a new cigar cutter. It looks like a rabid squirrel gnawed off the top of that Tabak 😝
Too much a newbie to care about style points. 😉 It was clean at the beginning and maintained a good ash, but I smoked it to the nub and it got a little messy towards the end.

Edit: I think you’re looking at the draw end. It was a real sweet wrapper…so I did mangle it.

Reactions: Gandalf
How was the draw on that?
I’ve had several that were very tight and almost unsmokable. Anybody know a remedy for that? I ended up pushing a 10d nail through the cap end, made it a little better. It’s a shame because the ones I’ve had that smoked right were really good but I won’t buy again. Probably still have a dozen or so.
My Humi stays constant at 70 degrees and 69% humidity.
Thanks

How was the draw on that?
I’ve had several that were very tight and almost unsmokable. Anybody know a remedy for that? I ended up pushing a 10d nail through the cap end, made it a little better. It’s a shame because the ones I’ve had that smoked right were really good but I won’t buy again. Probably still have a dozen or so.
My Humi stays constant at 70 degrees and 69% humidity.
Thanks
Couldn’t have been better. I used a big V cut at the bar, burned even all the way, never had to relight.

VN Store

Back