CJH’s Blind loyalty/pure stubbornness is starting to concern me.

The series in the third qtr summed this year up for me. First down, Milton hits squirrel in the numbers but he drops it; second and 10 p, whoever calls the plays called the same play we always call after an incompletion on first down, a run up the middle that gets nothing; third down joe overthrows an open receiver. Receivers suck, coaches suck, joe sucks.

Remember if Milton wouldn’t have got hurt we may have never seen how good hooker was. Why won’t he bench someone when they can’t produce? Obviously he doesn’t know better because Hooker.

I just am afraid it’s gonna hurt with recruits who don’t think they’ll get a legit chance to play early if the dude in front of them stinks it up
Depending which Covid seniors comeback and who Tennessee gets from the portal. Could be an issue. At the same Time, still need overall depth. Still having to play a walk on in year 3 just shows we got ways to go.

My observation…we have some really dumb @$$ fans.

Newsflash…we aren’t on Georgia’s level yet. And before you b!tch and moan that this is “Year 3” … it is doubtful that any team in the country is on their level right now.

We were outclassed today. No change at QB or different play calls was going to change it.

The only hope is that the recruiting slowly starts catching up. Which ain’t going to be easy because, another newsflash, Georgia’s recruiting is lights-out right now, too.
Are we on Mizzou’s level? How about Florida? Losing to UGA and Bama isn’t the end of the world, but that’s not all we’ve stunk up. The criticism is warranted at this point.

The thing with Banks is he has one good game out of four games. If the coach doesn’t come out and say we don’t have the players on that side of the ball, I feel differently. Being silent about it and all us fans can do is blame coaching. All Banks has to say is my players are slow and can’t cover anyone and that’s all we can do is keep everything in front of us. Sad part is I think that’s true and it’s bad because he’s basically saying we would get absolutely smoked in man coverage.

We were bad on both sides of the ball. We were terrible offensively--again. That hurts the defense. Huepel is supposed to be a guy who can do more with less; he's done less with less.

Newsflash…we aren’t on Georgia’s level yet. And before you b!tch and moan that this is “Year 3” … it is doubtful that any team in the country is on their level right now.

We were outclassed today. No change at QB or different play calls was going to change it.

The only hope is that the recruiting slowly starts catching up. Which ain’t going to be easy because, another newsflash, Georgia’s recruiting is lights-out right now, too.

I think just like in politics etc its a quite small but VERY LOUD contingent of morons that make our fanbase look so bad. All the other SEC schools with historically good programs have the same clowns just in different locales.

Reactions: EZE
I’ve praised this coach since year 1 and think he has overachieved given the situation he walked into. And By no means am I calling for his head or anything but I’m starting to get a bad feeling in the gut. There’s no reason to keep trotting out Joe and there’s no reason Banks should still be employed. There’s no reason Wille should be employed. I’m afraid Josh is just a blindly loyal person and can’t make the hard decisions that’s needed to win in this business. This year coulda been another great year with a simple QB change maybe, maybe not. But you never tested those waters to find out. I’m afraid next year we will light it up with Nico just for a Tim Banks defense to blow a couple games for us.
You want him to lose his RS?

Josh is playing grab ass with USC and Mizzou while getting handled by the 3 teams that matter. If he doesn’t win at least 10 next year, he’s not it.

There is no reason for Heupel’s seat to get even remotely warm until after Season 5 has concluded. Simply for the roster and recruiting’s sake.

P

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
What do we have to gain by putting Nico in now? We are going to lose. If he's as good as advertised he won't need a lot of reps. Why risk a serious injury and then we're looking for a QB in the portal next year. Not to mention this is the best defense in the country.
You’ve clearly never participated in sports. We have everything to gain. Field experience is unmatched. You can’t replicate it. Nico could have gotten that this year and didn’t.

You’ve clearly never participated in sports. We have everything to gain. Field experience is unmatched. You can’t replicate it. Nico could have gotten that this year and didn’t.
Well clearly CJH agrees with me and pretty sure he played sports. Perhaps even the same position as Nico...

What do we have to gain by putting Nico in now? We are going to lose. If he's as good as advertised he won't need a lot of reps. Why risk a serious injury and then we're looking for a QB in the portal next year. Not to mention this is the best defense in the country.

We should be looking in the portal anyway. Our two scholarship QBs next year will be a true freshman and a RS freshman. Need a 3rd.

There is no reason for Heupel’s seat to get even remotely warm until after Season 5 has concluded. Simply for the roster and recruiting’s sake.

P
I disagree. After what we’ve seen this year. 4 years in the portal era is enough to prove yourself

The thing with Banks is he has one good game out of four games. If the coach doesn’t come out and say we don’t have the players on that side of the ball, I feel differently. Being silent about it and all us fans can do is blame coaching. All Banks has to say is my players are slow and can’t cover anyone and that’s all we can do is keep everything in front of us. Sad part is I think that’s true and it’s bad because he’s basically saying we would get absolutely smoked in man coverage.
The announcers during the game said that Banks has said he would like to rush the passer more but he doesn't feel his players can match up playing man to man in the secondary. We stop the run good, but can't stop any QB on any team from getting all the 1st downs they need to keep driving the ball on us.

What fans, athletic directors, everyone involved should ask is = is the team getting better in year 3 ?, or are they regressing ?

I disagree. After what we’ve seen this year. 4 years in the portal era is enough to prove yourself

He walked into scholarship reductions plus a transfer exodus…… He is on pace to win 26-27 games in 3 years after two of our worst seasons ever in a 4 year span. Regardless of what you think, that 11-2 season being followed up with a probable 9-4 season will easily earn him a guaranteed 5 year stint here at the bare minimum.

He doesn’t have to. The max he will have played in is four games. I’m not sure he has to declare a RS. But maybe I’m wrong. If I am then my point doesn’t change one bit.
I mean personally I'm not really concerned about our 3rd string QB next year. I'm sure we'll have someone...

VN Store

Back