Clarence Thomas in Hot Water (Alito too!)

Did Thomas do anything wrong? Probably not. Should he have put himself in that position? Hell no.

Let Saban take some of the top SEC officials out for a lavish vacation or outing and watch the heads explode over on the football forum.

Thomas isnt officiating anything related to the people who own the boat……..You’re right that he shouldn’t have put himself in that position but that’s a false equivalence.

You need a higher standard than corruption to ruin the career of a Supreme Court justice? Seriously? (I assume you'd say the same of Trump.) What's your standard--a mass shooting by Thomas?

This is the highest court in America. The justices are expected to have ethical standards but the conservatives clearly don't. Scalia was much the same. Justices shouldn't be speaking at political events--but the conservatives do it. I've not read of similar behavior by the progressives on SCOTUS, and if they do they should be called out, too. You don't go on expensive junkets with political activists and corporate executives if you're a judge. This isn't rocket science--but apparently it is for some people. This is a man whose wife is a wacky extremist and who helped organize the Jan. 6 insurrection and Thomas did not recuse himself from a case related to the riot. He's a fraud.

Clarence Thomas has always been a joke. Besides being corrupt, he's the biggest lightweight in the history of the court. He should never have been nominated in the first place. He went 10 years--10 years--without asking a question during oral arguments before the court. He's just a water carrier for conservative issues and always been---has never shown any independent judgment. Most Supremes do in fact show independent judgment on some cases--they do not follow their judicial leanings (progressive, conservative) on every case. That's not the case with Thomas.
I assume you want Biden removed from office then, it's the highest office in the land!

Reactions: StarRaider
How much power does a single Supreme Court Justice have? What would be the benefit of buying one/having influence over?

How much power does a single Supreme Court Justice have? What would be the benefit of buying one/having influence over?

Now nothing. I’m not sure about 11 years ago when the shocking 5th vote upheld ACA. I would like to think that Roberts just became infatuated with being fawned on by the media for being a maverick (see McCain, John) and that he’s not actually corrupt.

Reactions: hog88
Depends on the Justice.

Clarence Thomas, from my seat, looks to be wasted money.

Sandra Day, Kennedy, Roberts - those Justices vote would approach priceless imo.

Depends on the Justice.

Clarence Thomas, from my seat, looks to be wasted money.

Sandra Day, Kennedy, Roberts - those Justices vote would approach priceless imo.

I could see selling your influence over one of the swing votes to people/organizations with cases going in front of SCOTUS.

Nobody has produced one yet.
I thought the post from RT85 on “GOP Man” was a good one. I’m going to use GOP Man here.

The accusation is that GOP Man funneled large sums of money and perks to Thomas.
For what?

So that Clarence Thomas would vote in favor of what the GOP and GOP Man wants?

What a crappy deployment of capital. Who’s his investment advisor? SVB?

I thought the post from RT85 on “GOP Man” was a good one. I’m going to use GOP Man here.

The accusation is that GOP Man funneled large sums of money and perks to Thomas.
For what?

So that Clarence Thomas would vote in favor of what the GOP and GOP Man wants?

What a crappy deployment of capital. Who’s his investment advisor? SVB?
Spot on

I assume you want Biden removed from office then, it's the highest office in the land!

Has Biden accepted bribes? Taken trips to the South Pacific paid for by...uh, George Soros (the bugbear of conservatives!). Do fill us in if you have information that he has.

So it's another witch hunt to get him to resign, so the democrats can nominate another Ketanji Brown Jackson?

Witch hunt? He's shown himself to be unethical and corrupt....Feel free to come back with your "But what about Hunter..." reply....or some other false equivalent.

Has Biden accepted bribes? Taken trips to the South Pacific paid for by...uh, George Soros (the bugbear of conservatives!). Do fill us in if you have information that he has.
You can't be this dense. The optics are there for Biden, one could argue even more likely and demonstrable corruption. The question remains, you can choose to address it or not.

And by all means, please show me where quid pro quo has taken place in regards to Thomas.

So do you support a deep dive investigation on ALL the justices? Seems unfair just to target one. Definitely comes across as a political hit job.

No, definitely does not come across as a political hit job, because you have no idea whether other justices have accepted similar perks or not. No one is blocking or blocked inquiries into other Supremes. Also, this isn't exactly a new charge against Thomas; it's been reported in the past that he was accepting gifts unethically. The man is a judicial lightweight and a loser--always has been. Unfortunately, it's also true that Joe Biden and other Dems came to his defense when Thomas was accused of sexual harassment after his SCOTUS nomination--an accusation that, more than likely, was true. Not only is Thomas a joke, his wife is a major right-wing crazy.

Witch hunt? He's shown himself to be unethical and corrupt....Feel free to come back with your "But what about Hunter..." reply....or some other false equivalent.
Here you go again. What has he been paid for? You made the allegation...... Back it up.

You can't be this dense. The optics are there for Biden, one could argue even more likely and demonstrable corruption. The question remains, you can choose to address it or not.

And by all means, please show me where quid pro quo has taken place in regards to Thomas.

What "optics" are you referring to? What demonstrable corruption? Feel free to specify.

No, definitely does not come across as a political hit job, because you have no idea whether other justices have accepted similar perks or not. No one is blocking or blocked inquiries into other Supremes. Also, this isn't exactly a new charge against Thomas; it's been reported in the past that he was accepting gifts unethically. The man is a judicial lightweight and a loser--always has been. Unfortunately, it's also true that Joe Biden and other Dems came to his defense when Thomas was accused of sexual harassment after his SCOTUS nomination--an accusation that, more than likely, was true. Not only is Thomas a joke, his wife is a major right-wing crazy.
So I just read an article stating that the judge in the Trump case donated $15 dollars to Joe Biden's campaign. Should he recuse himself?

VN Store

Back