Clay Travis political commentator

What's the joke?? Its a serious question...I wanna know where libs draw thier line.
If it’s a serious question that makes you look even dumber lol. “Well the libs think the Vols can just identify as an NFL team and yes I’m dumb enough to be serious”

It seems like that's how it should work, but I know baseball (the Pirates) got away with saying they didn't have $ to pay their players for years, and the union/players didn't say **** about it, so do they actually get to see everything in the books?

I have no idea.

If it’s a serious question that makes you look even dumber lol. “Well the libs think the Vols can just identify as an NFL team and yes I’m dumb enough to be serious”
So wait is your position that men identifying as women belong in women sports or not??? Because that is the basis for my question...and much as you defend transgenderism I wanted clarity,.

So wait is your position that men identifying as women belong in women sports or not??? Because that is the basis for my question...and much as you defend transgenderism I wanted clarity,.
I think probably a first grader could do a better job of forcing an unrelated topic into a conversation than this dumbassery

Sounds like she's asking for the same % of revenue, not the same pay. Doesn't seem unreasonable.

True, but there is a huge difference in the profitability of each of the revenue buckets. TV rights deals and merchandising are extremely high margin and game operations are much lower.

Most of NBA revenue is TV deals and licensing revenue, which are extremely high profit margin buckets. A much larger percentage of WNBA revenue is from much lower margin game operations.

Calling for an equal revenue split % between the NBA and WNBA is a fallacy since the economics are just so different...

Reactions: hog88
Here is the journalistic integrity you can expect from CT and Outkick. This article only discusses TNT's opening night ratings, which were down, but the article was written two days after ESPN's opening night, which was an 11-year high and 2nd biggest opening night ever...and somehow, they didn't mention any of that. Hmmmm....

Reactions: NashVol11
True, but there is a huge difference in the profitability of each of the revenue buckets. TV rights deals and merchandising are extremely high margin and game operations are much lower.

Most of NBA revenue is TV deals and licensing revenue, which are extremely high profit margin buckets. A much larger percentage of WNBA revenue is from much lower margin game operations.

Calling for an equal revenue split % between the NBA and WNBA is a fallacy since the economics are just so different...

It will be interesting to see the new WNBA TV deal in 2025. The numbers on these deals always seem to surprise.

You're comparing the WNBA with Special Olympics? Seriously? I think if Clay had done that he'd be even more vilified. Special Olympics was established "to positively change attitudes towards mentally handicapped people". No one ever claimed that it was a good product for TV or that it was meant to be profitable. You really wanna compare the WNBA to athletes who are chosen not based on athletic prowess but on the presence of intellectual disabilities? Wow, you are more disparaging to women than anything C. Travis said
I figured someone would nibble with this low IQ response. I outlined the exact comparison in my post. Try harder.

If what I said had been more disparaging to women than anything Clay Travis had said, you'd be belly up on my welcome mat by now.

He practiced law while living in the USVI. I’m not an athlete or coach but I’ve definitely never thought he was a joke.
I never cared one way or another until he literally took threads from this site's football forum and tried to pass it off as his inside info on the 104.5 morning show he hosted for many years. That's when I knew he was a joke. Attracts the less than informed crowd, much like his political stuff now. He does say a lot of things wingnuts want to hear though, so he's making a ton of money.

I never cared one way or another until he literally took threads from this site's football forum and tried to pass it off as his inside info on the 104.5 morning show he hosted for many years. That's when I knew he was a joke. Attracts the less than informed crowd, much like his political stuff now. He does say a lot of things wingnuts want to hear though, so he's making a ton of money.

He did plagiarize one of my posts after Schiano Sunday verbatim...

VN Store

Back