Clay Travis political commentator

For those of you who seemingly get their rocks off from seeing younger athletes outclassing older athletes born differently than they are... where's the clamouring over middle schoolers playing a special olympics team?

Or is it just about hating women? I'm genuinely curious.
You're comparing the WNBA with Special Olympics? Seriously? I think if Clay had done that he'd be even more vilified. Special Olympics was established "to positively change attitudes towards mentally handicapped people". No one ever claimed that it was a good product for TV or that it was meant to be profitable. You really wanna compare the WNBA to athletes who are chosen not based on athletic prowess but on the presence of intellectual disabilities? Wow, you are more disparaging to women than anything C. Travis said

You're comparing the WNBA with Special Olympics? Seriously? I think if Clay had done that he'd be even more vilified. Special Olympics was established "to positively change attitudes towards mentally handicapped people". No one ever claimed that it was a good product for TV or that it was meant to be profitable. You really wanna compare the WNBA to athletes who are chosen not based on athletic prowess but on the presence of intellectual disabilities? Wow, you are more disparaging to women than anything C. Travis said
So to be clear, the reason people want to see high schoolers play adult women but don’t want to see them play adult Special Olympians is because the WNBA is for profit? That’s BS

So to be clear, the reason people want to see high schoolers play adult women but don’t want to see them play adult Special Olympians is because the WNBA is for profit? That’s BS

I think it has more to do with WNBA players complaining about pay and other things in compared NBA players. That along with a lot of their political commentary makes some want them to get their comeuppance.

I think it has more to do with WNBA players complaining about pay and other things in compared NBA players. That along with a lot of their political commentary makes some want them to get their comeuppance.
I’ve never seen a WNBA player say they should be paid what NBA players do and most say explicitly that they don’t, so it sounds like people want “comeuppance” for made up reasons

Yeah, and we hate supporting non-profits. They don't deserve that big payday that's supposed to be so enticing to the WNBA.

Reactions: NashVol11
I’ve never seen a WNBA player say they should be paid what NBA players do and most say explicitly that they don’t, so it sounds like people want “comeuppance” for made up reasons

First hit on google.

Dallas Wings point guard Skylar Diggins-Smith said WNBA players "have to fight" in an effort to reduce the massive pay differential between its players and their male counterparts in the NBA.
On Tuesday, Diggins-Smith explained to Anna Peele of Wealthsimple that the effort must begin within the league to rectify issues such as WNBA players only getting around 20 percent of their league's revenue compared to the approximately 50 percent the NBA players receive.
"I'm at a loss for words sometimes, talking about this," she said. "It's unfortunate that men make more money for the same amount of work, or even less work."

Skylar Diggins-Smith on WNBA, NBA Wage Gap: 'I'm at a Loss for Words Sometimes'

Reactions: davethevol
You're still not getting it. The WNBA claims to be a good product, worthy of us buying tickets and watching on TV 'cause they're really good athletically. The argument is that high school boys are more athletic. We can watch them for pennies

Comparing the WNBA to the Special Olympic athletes is the dumbest analogy I've seen from a liberal in a long time

"I don't think I should get paid the same as LeBron [James],"
said Plum, who helped lead the Aces to the 2022 WNBA championship and USA Basketball to a gold medal in the same summer.

However, Plum claimed that she does not receive a portion of sales on her own jerseys sold at Mandalay Bay, referring to the Aces' arena. "I don't get a dime," she said.

I want to see them humiliated because 1) they want more money (just like everybody in America) and 2) some of them have political opinions (just like everybody in America).

I would say the diseased people who want to see them humiliated are the ones needing a comeuppance.

I want to see them humiliated because 1) they want more money (just like everybody in America) and 2) some of them have political opinions (just like everybody in America).

I would say the diseased people who want to see them humiliated are the ones needing a comeuppance.

I don't disagree with any of this.

Reactions: n_huffhines
First hit on google.

Dallas Wings point guard Skylar Diggins-Smith said WNBA players "have to fight" in an effort to reduce the massive pay differential between its players and their male counterparts in the NBA.
On Tuesday, Diggins-Smith explained to Anna Peele of Wealthsimple that the effort must begin within the league to rectify issues such as WNBA players only getting around 20 percent of their league's revenue compared to the approximately 50 percent the NBA players receive.
"I'm at a loss for words sometimes, talking about this," she said. "It's unfortunate that men make more money for the same amount of work, or even less work."

Sounds like she's asking for the same % of revenue, not the same pay. Doesn't seem unreasonable.

You're still not getting it. The WNBA claims to be a good product, worthy of us buying tickets and watching on TV 'cause they're really good athletically. The argument is that high school boys are more athletic. We can watch them for pennies
So your objective is to establish that the WNBA actually isn’t worthy of people buying tickets and watching on TV, despite the fact that people do it, which is different from hating on women for no reason. Okay lol

Yeah, and we hate supporting non-profits. They don't deserve that big payday that's supposed to be so enticing to the WNBA.
You wanna call the WNBA a non profit? It's just charity to women courtesy of the largess of the NBA...

Damn, you're sounding like a conservative now. I didn't see this coming

First hit on google.

That doesn’t say what you think it does, it’s about revenue sharing which is the same thing Plum said in the article I posted (right after “I don’t think I should be paid what LeBron does” etc

Wtf to the first few parts I did read.

Being in the top .00001% of shows isn't noteworthy enough for you. OK.

Baseball playoffs, MLS playoffs, CFB, NFL, F1, and NHL regular season are all going on mid-October. As a huge fan, I don't even have enough time to watch all the NFL I want to watch, and I'm at least mildly interested in all those sports except NHL. I didn't watch any MNF last night, and I miss most of TNF every week. I personally don't have time for WNBA playoffs in October. To me, "hardly a busy time for sports" couldn't be further from the truth.
the 800k is a purely inflated number. NO ONE has access to that many shows. its a false equivalency to be claiming that people who want to watch the WNBA playoffs are too distracted by My 1000 Pound Life brought to you in Espanol.

you want to compare it to 800k to make it look better. I am comparing the WNBA to what it claims it wants to be compared to, the rest of prime time, and it clearly falls towards the bottom.

The reason none of those sports, except for the baseball playoff series, is playing on a Wednesday night, is because they are popular. The MLB playoffs are only there because they play so many games. the MLB playoffs are the only post season/tournament going on, at least that I am aware of. I would find it an even weaker position to compare the WNBA finals to a regular season game. Just because I was curious I looked up which of those sports were on at a similar time beyond the baseball playoffs which had about 5x the viewership. James Madison vs Marshall was on the night after, and was only 150k viewers less, that's hardly a draw for the casual college football fan, and I doubt would take anyone's eyes away from the game.

Looking at the WNBA finals they only played one game on a Sunday. the rest were mid week games. the speaks highly to their market draw when they are vying for time slots with James Madison, even with them being ranked. I wouldn't go about claiming that 0.00001% when that's their competition.

So your objective is to establish that the WNBA actually isn’t worthy of people buying tickets and watching on TV, despite the fact that people do it, which is different from hating on women for no reason. Okay lol
No, that's not my objective at all. If people wanna watch WNBA that's fine with me. It's not my cup of tea 'cause the athleticism isn't even equal to top notch high school boys, but if you like it, fine. I don't watch soccer or NASCAR either but I don't care if others do

In seasons past there hasn't been a profit to share.

Not profit sharing. Revenue sharing. I have no faith in the real world accuracy of what they report as profit. You know as well as anybody here that accounting profit and economic profit are two very different things, and anybody can show a loss on a healthy venture by just moving **** around.

Not profit sharing. Revenue sharing. I have no faith in the real world accuracy of what they report as profit. You know as well as anybody here that accounting profit and economic profit are two very different things, and anybody can show a loss on a healthy venture by just moving **** around.
Supposedly the NBA still subsidizes the WNBA to keep it afloat. It doesn’t sound like there is enough revenue to let them partake in revenue sharing.

Reactions: Ttucke11

One of the first lessons I learned in business is the top line means almost nothing, it's the bottom line that matters. If there is no money to share there is no money to share.

Now, with that being said the WNBA should have their books open to the players union since it is a symbiotic relationship.

Supposedly the NBA still subsidizes the WNBA to keep it afloat. It doesn’t sound like there is enough revenue to let them partake in revenue sharing.

Yeah, that may be an accurate reflection of what's happening or they may just be moving $ around to show what they want to show.

One of the first lessons I learned in business is the top line means almost nothing, it's the bottom line that matters. If there is no money to share there is no money to share.

Now, with that being said the WNBA should have their books open to the players union since it is a symbiotic relationship.

It seems like that's how it should work, but I know baseball (the Pirates) got away with saying they didn't have $ to pay their players for years, and the union/players didn't say **** about it, so do they actually get to see everything in the books?

Would you all be ok with that duncanville team identifying as a wnba team and then playing the aces???

VN Store

Back